Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406191 times)

Offline Gamermeister

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Gamermeister Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Bernhard, eh? That could be interesting. Whoever it is, it seems like they've been trying to usurp Drac as the Lord of the Castle for a long time.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
the red hair is characteristic of Walter's

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Whoever it is, he's dressed like Wind Waker Ganondorf.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Why not?

Look at the fabric patterns.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
The combat looks extraordinarily fluid, far unlike the combat in LoS.

EDIT: I also felt bad for the Toymaker at the end of that video :(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:36:58 PM by e105beta »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Why not?

Look at the fabric patterns.
Nice catch, that's a neat nod to the old canon.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Haha oh wow. Well it was only a matter of time till Walter showed up one way or another, considering the Bernhards were namedropped in LoS1

also, dat fight.

So, the kid puppet is Trevor, the Dragon is Dracula, the Toymaker is obvious, and the redhead is likely Walter Bernhard.

So who's the other puppet with the hat supposed to be I wonder?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Yeah this looks nice. Also another detail. Look at the structure of that huge Tentacle that pushes th Toy Maker into the pool of blood. It has the exact same strucutre of flesh and form as this "Legion" monster. Maybe I'll make a screenshot. Anyways, I guess it is confirmed that this Monster is the personification of blood. ;)

Theory time: Blood is red. As is the hair of Walter Bernhard. Maybe the curse of the Castle, the blood, the monster that controls the castle is noone else than good ol' Bernhard himself. And near the end of the game he reveals himself as the "blood Monster."   
Also Bernhard cursed the Toy Maker. After his curse was lifted as seen in the Video and the Toy Maker being human again he is cursed by the blood again. Another sign, that this might be Walter Bernhard?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
So im hearing this game got a 6 from Gameinformer. :o

For comparison, LOS1 got a 9 and MoF got a 8/75.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:59:25 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
So im hearing this game got a 6 from Gameinformer. :o

For comparison, LOS1 got a 9 and MoF got a 8/75.
Ouch.

I hope this game doesn't end up disappointing, everything about it looks so much more promising than LoS1 did.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Ouch.

I hope this game doesn't end up disappointing, everything about it looks so much more promising than LoS1 did.

Here's are his reasoning's:

•Claims nearly every attempt this game makes to "stray from its fundamental kill room formula ends in failure".
•Reviewer loved the first game, said "Unfortunately this sequel is as fresh as a whiff of garlic breath".
•Good new combat mechanics but enemies stun locking you out of combos from across the map while you fight with the camera.
•Reviewer hates the modern setting, its filled with generic alley ways, factory levels.
•Says there was one stealth segment that was the worst of its class. The more traditional Castlevania settings are better.
•Says there is one great level with the toy maker, outside of that most of the game is just ground previously covered in the first game.
•"This shambling monstrosity is composed of chunks from other, better games"

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i preordered the game today

i might have to take off work on the 25th

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
So it's like the first game? :P

Those other complaints range from reasonable to whiny from the sound of it.

However, Mirror of Fate scoring higher? I thought everyone and their mothers hated MoF with a burning passion. (I loved it though. :()
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:29:01 PM by OSM »

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
So it's like the first game? :P

Those other complaints range from reasonable to whiny from the sound of it.

Looking at the other reviews from the new issue, this issue is nuts.

And yes, everyone hated MoF, even some LOS1 fans.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Here's are his reasoning's:

•Claims nearly every attempt this game makes to "stray from its fundamental kill room formula ends in failure".
•Reviewer loved the first game, said "Unfortunately this sequel is as fresh as a whiff of garlic breath".
•Good new combat mechanics but enemies stun locking you out of combos from across the map while you fight with the camera.
•Reviewer hates the modern setting, its filled with generic alley ways, factory levels.
•Says there was one stealth segment that was the worst of its class. The more traditional Castlevania settings are better.
•Says there is one great level with the toy maker, outside of that most of the game is just ground previously covered in the first game.
TL;DR, NOT MUH CASTLEVANIA, NOT MUH LORDS OF SHADOW 1, NOT MUH MEDIEVAL SETTING

EDIT: Someone seriously needs to ask Cox if PC will get a physical release, particularly over here in the US. i dont have a twitter, or i'd ask myself
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything