Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406109 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Well at least DKC:TF got a 9

Every game more or less got shitted on cept that one.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:14:18 PM by Kingshango »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
some people loved Superman Returns but hated Man of Steel.. i dunno how that's possible but to each their own

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
This is fishy. They say that the review is half page long, you just can't review a 20+hours long game in half a page. I'm smelling another "I played 2 hours" situation.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
This is fishy. They say that the review is half page long, you just can't review a 20+hours long game in half a page. I'm smelling another "I played 2 hours" situation.

Probably got stuck on that stealth section with the minotaur just like Spainkiller and called it quits. He DID say that a stealth section in the game was the worst of it's class.

Now im eager to see how this section plays off.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Could just be a situation of you either love it or hate it because it's different, just like LoS1.

I mean, they called this game a "shambling monstrosity" and gave it a 6? That's pretty generous for something that's apparently not of this good earth.
some people loved Superman Returns but hated Man of Steel.. i dunno how that's possible but to each their own
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:32:44 PM by OSM »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
lol factory levels.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
he probably played it the same way IGN played Sonic unleashed

How IGN played Sonic Unleashed?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Probably got stuck on that stealth section with the minotaur just like Spainkiller and called it quits. He DID say that a stealth section in the game was the worst of it's class.
Now im eager to see how this section plays off.
How about we pray for some Day one patch.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
However, Mirror of Fate scoring higher? I thought everyone and their mothers hated MoF with a burning passion. (I loved it though. :()

OMG I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE.

Seriously though, GameInformer gave Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn a 7 and a 5.5 because "TOO HARD WAH WAH WAH"

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
How about we pray for some Day one patch.

A skip option like the one they had for the vampire chess game would help.

Seriously though, GameInformer gave Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn a 7 and a 5.5 because "TOO HARD WAH WAH WAH"

Let's not forget their quality review for Paper Mario: TTYD

"Lisa and I both knew that our Paper Mario scores were going to cause controversy. Yes, we know that many people out there will love it. We also know that it is a well-made game. However, it also WILL NOT appeal to many people - I would safely say that more people will dislike it than like it. Why? Like we said in the review, it's a very kiddie game - it's target audience is clearly young gamers - I would say 10 and under. For that reason, we had to score it low. Remember, we aren't scoring games strictly on our personal opinions, we're also scoring them based on how much we think THE GAMING PUBLIC will like them."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:35:59 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Mirror of Fate is the whole reason I'm still on board with the LoS series, it did pretty much everything I was hoping for and more for the new canon lore. It established the Belmont clan, gave us Dracula, but ultimately I finally had a portable Castlevania game on my 3DS. That's really the one thing I wanted more than any other game for my 3DS was a new Castlevania.

Plus it gave us some amazing designs for the Belmonts, ones I might like more than the original canon's designs. I will never stop praising Mercury Steam's artists.

The jumping was super clunky and some bosses were kinda w/e, but it was a much better game than I thought it would be.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:37:44 PM by OSM »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Oh enric, if this game is bad... let's just say that my this year's trip to Madrid will be.. on fire.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I know this game can't be THAT bad, not expecting 10's or anything but a 6? And a lower score than MoF at that?

The only real negative I see is how the stealth segments are implemented and the camera controls, everything else sounds like he's ranting rather than reviewing.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Wait, how did Lightning Returns score higher than LoS2?

Ok I'm calling some serious bullshit now, that game looks like complete ass. The whole Lightning saga is awful.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
How about you pray for a good game? This game is shaping up to be decent at the very best. This is what usually happens when games are hyped up and fail to live up to expectations.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

anything