Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406199 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Not before we get that Alucard DLC.
I agree.

Everything comes full circle

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I agree.

Castlevania doesn't need a rest. It needs a good developer.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Not before we get that Alucard DLC.
I'm pretty sure we'll get that anyway.

When Castlevania returns, I'd like to hope we see 2DVania make a comeback in some form. To me, Castlevania at it's heart has and always will be a 2D series.

With this renaissance of promising side scroller games on Kickstarter like La-Mulana 2, Shovel Knight, and Mighty No .9, this would be a ripe time to bring back 2DVania.
Into the vault with you! Go keep Goemon and the Hudson crew company!!!! *vault door slams*
Goemon, Bomberman, Sparkster...yea... ;__;
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:17:14 PM by OSM »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Castlevania doesn't need a rest. It needs a good developer.
Konami wil relegate it to a Silent Hill fate, rolling from c-tier developer to z-tier developer with eac new iteration. I don't want that, I'd rather let it go. Then come back in 20 years or something with a bang. Or not.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Worst case scenario, Castlevania MOBA/F2P.

That would be the absolute death of the series.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Or Castlevania get's demoted to iPhone's with microtransactions up the ass.

Which is sadly a possiblilty. :(

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
OK guys, GameInformer didn't like it. Don't start doomsaying already.

I mean, none of the other LoS games were controversial.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Or Castlevania get's demoted to iPhone's with microtransactions up the ass.

Which is sadly a possiblilty. :(
So dead, then. oh, my heart.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Yeah, let's see what other sites/magazines think of it. Majority of reviews aren't always high. Sometimes you get some scores that are inconsistent with the rest.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I'm just saying that Game Informer said it was the worst.

Personally, I think I like the battle system more(more action based), but what they said in the article(as I read a summery of), is that there's a slew of fetch quests. I'm really not that into fetch quests(they are like, some of the WORST aspects of RPGs, be them JRPGs or WRPGs).
 Into the vault with you! Go keep Goemon and the Hudson crew company!!!! *vault door slams*
In all honesty, I never pay attention to game journalism.

modern day gaming journalism, including reviews, suck.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Game Informer holds half Credibility, most of thier perfect reviews obviously shows that they are paid half of the time, but they gave Mirror of Fate 8.5
If you browse through the 9+ reviews you'll spot alot of shitty games on that list.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Game Informer holds half Credibility, most of thier perfect reviews obviously shows that they are paid half of the time, but they gave Mirror of Fate 8.5
If you browse through the 9+ reviews you'll spot alot of shitty games on that list.

Yeah, like I said earlier, they lost all credibility with me when they gave Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn a 5.5

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I can't take this. More reviews, like right now!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I can't take this. More reviews, like right now!
I'm half wanting to see bad reviews just to see you imploding. :P

If I wasn't banned for offense on GAF for calling someone dense, I would having fun with you and Bedlam. :D

I wouldn't take scores so seriously. Or neogaf opinions about a game seriously too. The internet is full of negativism, I trust no one.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Oh, my dear mahedros, I'm going to have fun, one way or another, you don't have idea. If they screwed the game you'll see me badmouthing this with he same fiercity I've been standing for it.