Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406273 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Cox will cease to control his twitter acount and will hand it over to konnami on february 14th :o. He tweeted that himself.
For what reason? He's still an employee at Konami. Unless he gave out too much information via tweets.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
His Twitter moniker is @CastlevaniaLOS. As the projects are done, he's giving them back the name.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5807 on: February 05, 2014, 07:22:16 AM »
He'll be back in June with a new Twitter handle.

I can  see it now, @Contra(insert subname here).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:23:58 AM by Kingshango »

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5808 on: February 05, 2014, 08:05:08 AM »
He'll be back in June with a new Twitter handle.

I can  see it now, @Contra(insert subname here).

All the votes bet it. New fucking awesome reboot of Contra (I wait that the new characters have the tough guy's appearance of the first Contra).

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
A character theme song with no character.... ;)
Eeh.. Carmilla had the best tracks in LoS1.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Eeh.. Carmilla had the best tracks in LoS1.
Plus it contained nods to "Black Night" from CV1.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
I'm not worrying too much about the Gameinformer review, for one reason: the same thing happened with the first Lords of Shadow. Some liked it, some didn't. Plus, I've seen plenty of other reviewers (who played the game's early hours) say that they had a blast playing and are excited for the full adventure.

Also, I have the feeling the reviewer was being dishonest when he said that he liked the first Lords of Shadow. I feel like maybe he said that to have some (fake) credibility?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:14:37 AM by Anglachel »
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
I still wonder. Was it really the same guy who reviewed LoS 1 and MoF or was it a different reviewer? Because if it is a different reviewer... well it's somewhat udnerstandable that the review might be different.

Anyways, Spainkiller is going to give LoS 2 an 8. See that's a fair score. I seriously expect most Reviews to be between 7.5 and 9 with a few exceptions having either a score below 7.5 or above 9 (Rely on Horror might once again give a 10 as the guy who's reviewing it is LOVING it so far, we write on facebook).
Heh, would be funny if IGn will give this game a better score than GI gave. Maybe an 8?

Also expect a terrible score from that woman who descirbed that feeding Scene as a rape allusion/ metaphor. Though I sincerely hope that after all the controversial they are going to let someone else review the game. 

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I also think it might follow suit with the first Lords of Shadow, in the sense that the gaming community will love it but a minority of journalists/fanboys will scathe it.

I wonder what good ol' Colin Moriarty will say about Lords of Shadow 2. Although he detested Mirror of Fate, he did commend the first game (even saying it's underrated as a Castlevania game) and seems very enthusiastic about the second.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:45:14 AM by Anglachel »
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
What if, God forbid, the reviewer played through the game and felt it didn't deserve more than a 6/10? Why are people coming with all kinds of explanations for this when it doesn't have to be more complicated than that? He/she just didn't love it. Simple as that.  Some of you have already made your mind up that this will be a 9/10 and you will probably not change your mind when you play it. Good for you! Same with those of you who hates everything about LoS. You've already made your mind up too that this is gonna suck. At least this person has, you know, played the game. Reviews are what the are. Just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean that there must be something wrong, or that the reviewer didn't play more than two hours. Ok, end of rant. I just see this kind of critique aimed towards reviewers all the time. It's sooo ignorant.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Also, I have the feeling the reviewer was being dishonest when he said that he liked the first Lords of Shadow. I feel like maybe he said that to have some (fake) credibility?

HOW DEEP DOES THE CONSPIRACY GO?!?

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
HOW DEEP DOES THE CONSPIRACY GO?!?

Please forgive me. In hindsight, that isn't the best analysis I could have given.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
What if, God forbid, the reviewer played through the game and felt it didn't deserve more than a 6/10? Why are people coming with all kinds of explanations for this when it doesn't have to be more complicated than that? He/she just didn't love it. Simple as that.  Some of you have already made your mind up that this will be a 9/10 and you will probably not change your mind when you play it. Good for you! Same with those of you who hates everything about LoS. You've already made your mind up too that this is gonna suck. At least this person has, you know, played the game. Reviews are what the are. Just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean that there must be something wrong, or that the reviewer didn't play more than two hours. Ok, end of rant. I just see this kind of critique aimed towards reviewers all the time. It's sooo ignorant.

I don't think it's fair to pull out the "reviews are just an opinion" card when talking about pre-release professional viewers, because their opinions are published for the sole purpose of allowing buyers to make more educated decisions about buying a product. Nobody really wants their opinion, they want to know if the game is good enough to buy, so yeah, a review is going to come under greater scrutiny than somebody's blog or someone's opinion on a forum.

In this case, the points made either:
A. Don't add up
B. Sound whiny

For example, LoS1 was "an awesome 3D Castlevania [made] by ripping off awesome games and infusing its signature style" but LoS2 is a "shambling monstrosity is composed of chunks from other, better games"

Or

He "says there is one great level with the toy maker, outside of that most of the game is just ground previously covered in the first game" which sounds incredibly whiny considering this is a Castlevania game is obviously going to take place in Castlevania, which was a setting in the first game. It's lines like that that make me think "What exactly were you expecting?" It's like the IGN review that came knocking on LoS1 for not being more like SotN. It wasn't a stupid review because it didn't give LoS a 9/10, it was stupid because it was deriding what the game wasn't, rather than critiquing what it was.

I'm positive that the stealth section is going to be dumb and stupid and is going to make everyone want to get it done as fast as possible so they can get back to the actual game, but a 6/10 is a BAD score, and there's nothing in the review blurb that justifies a 6/10

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
What I really wanted to say was that I don't think that anyone who is looking forward to Lords of Shadow 2 should be worried by one reviewer who has given it a bad score, when plenty of other previewers have said they enjoyed it.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
What I really wanted to say was that I don't think that anyone who is looking forward to Lords of Shadow 2 should be worried by one reviewer who has given it a bad score, when plenty of other previewers have said they enjoyed it.
I am worried because this game depends on more than us fans to be succesful, and the fate of the series is at hand.

Everything comes full circle

anything