Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406220 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
From what I've been hearing, Gameinformer isn't the only one unhappy about LOS2.

Next few weeks are gonna get ugly folks.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
From what I've been hearing, Gameinformer isn't the only one unhappy about LOS2.

Next few weeks are gonna get ugly folks.

Ooh, juicy details. Source?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Ooh, juicy details. Source?

VideoGamer UK Podcast: Metal Gear Solid, Bravely Default and Free-To-Play Exploitation

About 8 minutes in, they can't say much due to embargo but you can hear the disappointment in their voices. By the looks of it, that 8 from Spainkiller might end up being the highest score this game gets. :(
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:23:33 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Nope Rely on Horror will give this game at least a 9. Also some German sites and German magazines seem to be pretty positive about the game as well.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Ugh, the pre-controversy controversy is killing me

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Ugh, the pre-controversy controversy is killing me

Yeah me as well. I mean, what we saw of the game up to now was very good.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Yeah me as well. I mean, what we saw of the game up to now was very good.

This is why I stay extremely cautious about press previews these days. All of them end up strikingly positive and full of hype with little to no negativity but when the game comes out all of the reviews tell a different tale from what was written a month ago.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
This is why I stay extremely cautious about press previews these days. All of them end up strikingly positive and full of hype with little to no negativity but when the game comes out all of the reviews tell a different tale from what was written a month ago.

Well I didn't mean the previews necessarily but more the footage we saw. For example the Toy Maker Boss. Sure it is just one Boss, but why should the rest of the game drop in Quality if this Boss is pretty well designed.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
well maybe the game actually does suck. lol or at best, just slightly better than LoS1 gameplay-wise

i told you guys a while ago: don't get your hopes too high and then watch them gradually fade once the game is released because it didn't turn out like you expected. the old "bait 'n switch" routine. it could be a glitchy mess for all we know

however for me? i think i'm still gonna enjoy it because i don't take it as seriously as most other people. i love action/platformer games and los2 is right up my alley. will there be aspects about it that annoy me? sure, just like there was in the first los. but i still liked it and don't regret buying it.

i dont think this game is "make or break" for castlevania at all. look at judgment; they could've easily put the series on hiatus after that flop but they didn't. CV will live on and if the leaks are true that the next stage in the CV saga is already in the works then i dunno why everyone's so worried about castlevania being "put to rest" if los2 flops

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
well maybe the game actually does suck. lol or at best, just slightly better than LoS1 gameplay-wise

i told you guys a while ago: don't get your hopes too high and then watch them gradually fade once the game is released because it didn't turn out like you expected. the old "bait 'n switch" routine. it could be a glitchy mess for all we know

however for me? i think i'm still gonna enjoy it because i don't take it as seriously as most other people. i love action/platformer games and los2 is right up my alley. will there be aspects about it that annoy me? sure, just like there was in the first los. but i still liked it and don't regret buying it.

i dont think this game is "make or break" for castlevania at all. look at judgment; they could've easily put the series on hiatus after that flop but they didn't. CV will live on and if the leaks are true that the next stage in the CV saga is already in the works then i dunno why everyone's so worried about castlevania being "put to rest" if los2 flops

Indeed and as Long as I myself enjoy the game and have fun with it and as Long as the series lives on everything is good.

Though I hope the series won't go back to heavy Anime style like Judgement... because that was just too much Anime. SotN as good, but not the Anime in Judgement. Urgh..

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
As always it wouldn't be surprising if the game is more liked in Europe and S.A than the US. That's how it's always been with CV, see why Us didn't get a collector's edition.

Everything comes full circle

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Well I see why people are afraid.... Old series don't sell... It gets rebooted and they also don't sell.... Who's gonna pay for the games to keep being made?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
So it sounds like instead of Titans being the weak-point of the game, the stealth sections will take that mantle this time.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
So it sounds like instead of Titans being the weak-point of the game, the stealth sections will take that mantle this time.

I hope they're all at the beginning.

Honestly, I questioned their inclusion since they were first announced. Who wants stealth in a Castlevania game?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Ironically, I haven't heard a single negative thing about the titans in this game.....yet.