Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406167 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Another "hands on" review of the first hour : http://www.totalxbox.com/70766/previews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-hands-on-making-the-xbox-360-sing/

Enric Álvarez said this in twitter about the 6 of gameinformer: "Es que "eso" no es una review. Es una pataleta. Te sugiero probar la demo y juzgar por ti mismo :)"
Hahaha I love Enric's commetary. And I agree with him.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
PD2 The DLC will not change anything endgame, as Cox said, only show past histories and parallel paths of the characters (like Alucard), there will also be some very cheap cosmetic DLC.

Past Belmont DLC?   

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
And with this last message I leave. :)

Good luck community

"We'll not meet again."

You are the wind.  Be well, Bergaron! :)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Past Belmont DLC?   
More like past Belmont prequel. I can smell it from here.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

Yes please

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
PC version, same day that console version, steam game ready, pre-order imminent, problems with steam for extra special, but they are already practically solved.

And with this last message I leave. :)

P. D. The game is very good 9/10, do not believe anyone pissed you put a 6/10 because the game is not like you want, try it, see videos and then judge you, for me it is LOS1 x 5. A few will like it and others hate is it not in all games?.

PD2 The DLC will not change anything endgame, as Cox said, only show past histories and parallel paths of the characters (like Alucard), there will also be some very cheap cosmetic DLC.

Good luck community
I can't believe I missed this. Probably the most significant post in 395 pages of discussion.  ;D

Farewell, then, Bergaron. I wish you the best of luck...
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
"Belmont Lineage" in the journal makes me think we're gonna see art of Belmonts LoSized, like Richter and such. I have a feeling it's fuel for Konami's fire if they want to keep the LoS train going.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
No please :S

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
"Belmont Lineage" in the journal makes me think we're gonna see art of Belmonts LoSized, like Richter and such. I have a feeling it's fuel for Konami's fire if they want to keep the LoS train going.

Even if it's just art, I really want to see this.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Maybe I have low standards, but as long as los2 has images of past belmonts and at least 1 remix I will be a happy man.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
MercurySteam has no business adapting unrelated classic CV characters into LoS2. Of course, if they're to be actually related to the storyline, I won't mind, but LoS and MoF's unsubtle references were already aberrant enough. Lords of Shadow did everything it could to distinguish itself as a reboot -- so let's try to be consistent here.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Good News, Lord of Shadow will hit PC pre-order next week

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5923 on: February 07, 2014, 09:41:55 AM »
You forgot that the demo has also been confirmed for next week.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
MercurySteam has no business adapting unrelated classic CV characters into LoS2. Of course, if they're to be actually related to the storyline, I won't mind, but LoS and MoF's unsubtle references were already aberrant enough. Lords of Shadow did everything it could to distinguish itself as a reboot -- so let's try to be consistent here.

Mercurysteam can do whatever they want. It's a reboot. Mercurysteam works for Konami who owns Castlevania and its characters old and new.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Mercurysteam to include info about the Belmont lineage from Simon all the way to Victor. It would be really awesome. I don't care if its a shitty reference like Grants, as long as I get artwork with it.

anything