Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406109 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
One of the photos from the Paris Art Exhibition shows the concept art for Leviathan. Battle totally confirmed.
Cool, any pics Around?

Everything comes full circle

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I posted the pic on my Tumblr since it seemed to be deleted from the FB album in the CVLOS2 community:

http://flyingchai.tumblr.com/post/76000264733/leviathan-i-just-like-saying-the-name

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Behold, rat gameplay

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
What exactly does the Leviathan pic show. I don't see something on that image that resembles a creature. The only thing I can see are stones and flames but nothing that seems to be the Leviathan. Can somebody explain to me where I can see him.

Also that video of the rat gameplay (stealth section) is not shown here. Can you post a link to the video that I can click on. 

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
That was the first thing that I dislike from the LoS Saga... I think that MS is more creative than to borrow names from the old canon. Yes, I know that is a reboot, but don´t forget Cox words: "Forget all you know about Castlevania". Then, why they use the same names from before? Even the logo is the same from the last IGA´s games (just with a little beak in the C). And so, why to make their own canon, if ther saga/trilogy ends with LoS 2? I remember a lot of people complaining with the changes from IGA and his timeline, but, is necessary another "rebooted" canon?
The name drops are obviously nods to the original canon. It's not like they simply ran out of new names for Belmonts(obviously, Gabriel's a new Belmont). Hell, there can still be Richard Belmont, David Belmont(hehehe), Thomas Belmont, Alexander Belmont, Michael Belmont, Anthony Belmont, Charles Belmont, Vincent Belmont, Marcus Belmont... the list goes on. 

I've been always meaning to ask someone, but where exactly does this gif originate from? Gotta be something from the 70s!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:46:19 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Also that video of the rat gameplay (stealth section) is not shown here. Can you post a link to the video that I can click on.
There's no video, it's just the screenshot
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The name drops are obviously nods to the original canon. It's not like they simply ran out of new names for Belmonts(obviously, Gabriel's a new Belmont). Hell, there can still be Richard Belmont, David Belmont(hehehe), Thomas Belmont, Alexander Belmont, Michael Belmont, Anthony Belmont, Charles Belmont, Vincent Belmont, Marcus Belmont... the list goes on.

Ishmael Belmont, Wallerbie Belmont, Keith Belmont, Nigel Belmont, Gus Belmont....

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
What exactly does the Leviathan pic show. I don't see something on that image that resembles a creature.

To me it looks like Dracula is falling into a place that looks like Hell, or may even be part of Hell itself we'll see.
I'm sure I see Leviathan in the top left of the picture, sitting on a wall with a couple of tentacles hanging down and eyes all over its body...similar to one of the statues in the Void Sword chamber.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:42:19 AM by flyingchai »

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
A sneak peek of the LOS2 OST

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Castlevania-Lords-Shadow-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B00IB0GRDK/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1391824198&sr=8-26&keywords=castlevania+Lords+of+Shadow
Wow, the samples are awesome already! Looks like the battle music during the initial Brotherhood Assult is different in the final game. Or maybe it'll be for a modern day Brotherhood encounter, that electronic synth would be appropriate for a modern setting. o_O

EDIT: Hunter and Prey is an orchestration of Lady of the Crypt! Woo!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:22:20 AM by flyingchai »

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Wow, the samples are awesome already! Looks like the battle music during the initial Brotherhood Assult is different in the final game. Or maybe it'll be for a modern day Brotherhood encounter, that electronic synth would be appropriate for a modern setting. o_O

Woau, nice discovery. Araujo has shown a lot of time (twitter, souncloud) that he is a fan of the electronic music. His next EP will be about it. I think that the first time, he need a ost strong but not too much risky, because was a reboot and need a solid base. I am sure that this time "puede hacer más lo que le salga del nabo" xD.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Can't say I'm a fan of the majority of this music. Brotherhood Assault DOES sound good, though. I think that has to do with the heavy electronic synth(very 80s/Retro Wave-esque, which I'm a big fan of). Other than that, the only stand outs, IMO, are the variants of the Dracula Theme(Carmilla and Carmilla's Spell). Everything else is meh, and if this is the gist of the OST, there is no classic remixed songs. Really disappointed at the Toy Maker. For such a musicless fight, the song should've been more eeriely whimsical. If anything, that's what Araujo lacks, range of different styles. I think in this case, something more diverse in sound would've worked better. Meh.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I thought it was disappointing... I heard no electronic... The "castlevania" track was the one I had the highest hopes for.... It was meh. The toymaker one sounded like everything the character isn't... Draculs theme, carmilla, and carmillas spell are all rearrangements? I guess I will wait for the whole soundtrack... But I will try to not have high hopes for it.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
The "castlevania" track was the one I had the highest hopes for....
It's an orchestration of Alucard's & Simon's battle with Dracula in Mirror of Fate.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
"Leviathan" is prolly the essence of the castle itself