Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406233 times)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It's an orchestration of Alucard's & Simon's battle with Dracula in Mirror of Fate.

*puke*

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I think it's alright but then again I knew exactly what we were getting when it came to the music so my expectations were low already.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
The soundtrack sounds bad for me again... well, who cares, music isn't why I'll play this game at all.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
The soundtrack sounds bad for me again... well, who cares, music isn't why I'll play this game at all.

Plus, as Dragonslayr already demonstrated, using old Castlevania music will fit more in LOS2 than it did in LOS1.

Offline Gamermeister

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Gamermeister Youtube Channel
    • Awards
I liked the LoS soundtrack and LOVED the MoF soundtrack. I expect Ill dig the new one as well!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I liked the LoS soundtrack and LOVED the MoF soundtrack. I expect Ill dig the new one as well!
What ever floats your boat.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
This is mortifying. No matter how much Cox tries to hammer in the importance of Castlevania's music, the fact remains that the supposedly "largest orchestra in gaming history" has been used to produced the worst music in the entire history of the franchise.

Bravo, Oscar, you've done it again: from the few excerpts I've just heard, it looks as if LoS2's soundtrack is set to sound just as flat, aimless, and uninspired as that of its two predecessors. I can only hope that Amazon's preview is simply misleading, and that we'll be eventually treated to something actually worth listening to...

Honestly, why even bother to give iconic names to individual tracks if each one is going to sound more generic than the next? Why not just dub half the tracks in the OST "headache-inducing battle music", the other half "nondescript harmonies", and only distinguish the game's three or four actually interesting themes? I mean, even the standout "Dracula's Theme" inexplicably needed to be rearranged three different times under three different names...

True, I've become far too wary of Araujo's scores for my own good, so I'm a bit harsh here. And it'd be definitely safer to wait until the full soundtrack is released before starting to criticize it. Especially since I never expected the LoS2 soundtrack to be good in the first place... And yet - can't a person be allowed to hope every once in a while?
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I can't wait to hear Satan's track, I really loved how it sounded when they played it live at Play Fest.

Of these 19 tracks I'd have to say I'm not too crazy about the excerpt of Track 2 but...I'll wait until actually hearing the full pieces before passing a firm judgment. As a fan of the LOS1 score, this is sounding pretty good so far.
As far as Dracula's Theme, Carmilla, and Carmilla's spell sounding the same, it makes sense that we hear the tune in more than one piece since it's the main theme of the whole game, and the fact that it's the same as Carmilla's theme without a doubt poses some sort of underlying significance.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:27:45 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
To me it looks like Dracula is falling into a place that looks like Hell, or may even be part of Hell itself we'll see.
I'm sure I see Leviathan in the top left of the picture, sitting on a wall with a couple of tentacles hanging down and eyes all over its body...similar to one of the statues in the Void Sword chamber.

Just like the walls in the room with the chandeliers show some tentacles.

What do you guys think: Is the blood creature the Leviathan or something else? I still think These are two different  entities, the blood creature being the ghost of Walter Bernhard and the other creature, Leviathan being Chaos itself-

I hope for a Lovecraftian looking Titan sized Boss. :P Maybe Leviathan will be the biggest Titan of the entire Lords of Shadow series.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I see a giant eagle with glowing red beak in the Leviathan picture.

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Samples are also up here:

http://www.sumthing.com/p/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-1/

They're different from the ones on Amazon.
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Slightly different, but more or less the same.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

They start about 15 seconds before the ones on Amazon.
The first third or so of most of Araujo's LOS cues are consistently pretty bland, until you get deeper into the composition. That's usually where the awesomeness is contained, IMHO.
e.g. The Titan, Final Confrontation, Return of Final Combat, The Evil Butcher, just to name a few.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
This is mortifying. No matter how much Cox tries to hammer in the importance of Castlevania's music, the fact remains that the supposedly "largest orchestra in gaming history" has been used to produced the worst music in the entire history of the franchise.

Bravo, Oscar, you've done it again: from the few excerpts I've just heard, it looks as if LoS2's soundtrack is set to sound just as flat, aimless, and uninspired as that of its two predecessors. I can only hope that Amazon's preview is simply misleading, and that we'll be eventually treated to something actually worth listening to...

Honestly, why even bother to give iconic names to individual tracks if each one is going to sound more generic than the next? Why not just dub half the tracks in the OST "headache-inducing battle music", the other half "nondescript harmonies", and only distinguish the game's three or four actually interesting themes? I mean, even the standout "Dracula's Theme" inexplicably needed to be rearranged three different times under three different names...

True, I've become far too wary of Araujo's scores for my own good, so I'm a bit harsh here. And it'd be definitely safer to wait until the full soundtrack is released before starting to criticize it. Especially since I never expected the LoS2 soundtrack to be good in the first place... And yet - can't a person be allowed to hope every once in a while?

This is the first time I read something coming from you that isn't garbage... I actually agree with you 100%

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
OK guys I don't know what planet I'm living in but I see this score being superior to the 2 before.

Everything comes full circle