Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406287 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Gabriel becomes a kid at the very end of LOS2 = Cox spoiled the end with his new twitter-account :( :( :( :(

OMG so teh brotherhood gathers the Dargon balls and wishes Darcul back to chibi form!!! like in the anime ever DBZGT!!!!!it makes sense cox you sly fox you i called it from the start but as always none of you believe me

o yeah 1 more thing u better learn to love the LoS2 ost or suffer the consequences >:(

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (Extra Parts Pumpkin Subweapons)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5986 on: February 09, 2014, 07:13:52 AM »
+1
Listen, I'm genuinely sorry if anything I've written in the past has alienated you (the same to you, e105beta), and I can assure you that fostering disagreement never figured among my original intentions -- but it also happens that calling my posts "garbage" isn't something that will help me, you, or this community build some semblance of a meaningful discussion. I could say the same for everything I've seen of you write -- but where would that get us? Nowhere.
I'm glad that we do share common ground here, and to be honest that's all I really care about. Even if we don't see eye to eye on some other related matters, I don't want that permeating into every post I see from you in the future, because that just isn't how this kind of a forum is supposed to function. I'm also a much bigger fan of LoS than what you seem to think, so hold your horses for a second and you might realize that our opinions aren't as incompatible as you've made them out to be.

Let's keep it at that. If anyone has to more to say, please take it to PM. While we're at it, let's stop calling each other's posts garbage as well.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:33:15 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I find the tiny ost samples more melodic and less "static notes plagued" than los' style, I don't get where do you get yhe hate, you know what was coming, and at least this one sounds kinda different.

And being 100% honest I expect that child theory to be true and in the last frame the father calling the son "Mathias".

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
yes the lords of shadows soundtrack was meant to bring tears to you're eyes
not make you dance  >:(

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5989 on: February 09, 2014, 08:15:31 AM »

And being 100% honest I expect that child theory to be true and in the last frame the father calling the son "Mathias".

Or Soma.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
Incidentally, does anyone know exactly where the Paris exposition is being hosted?
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I don't really have a problem with orchestrated soundtracks. But yeah, LoS soundtrack is too ambient for my liking. Something like Soul Sacrifice have a stronger sense of melody than almost everything in LoS.

Of course, exceptions exist on both.

4. A Certain Magician's Life [Susan Deyhim]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:24:05 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
I've been listening to the LOS soundtrack a lot while spriting this week, and it's actually starting to grow on me more. It's got a really cool balance of abrasiveness and fragility. It really does take you down a river of emotion while listening to it. Through choppy and calm waters, and sometimes down water falls.

Listening to it without playing the game gives you a chance to pick up on a lot of the awesome details. 

I'm planning to do a few new renditions of past Castlevania songs in our game. It is mainly all new music, but I think a few remakes of some of the lesser known songs that I think are really great would be nice to do. I've just added Belmont's Theme to that list.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
yes the lords of shadows soundtrack was meant to bring tears to you're eyes
not make you dance  >:(

Well, that mediocre soundtrack almost bring tears to my eyes.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Incidentally, does anyone know exactly where the Paris exposition is being hosted?
In "Le dernier bar avant la fin du monde" (lit. The Last Bar Before the End of the World"). 19 Avenue Victoria, in Paris ‎.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Well, that mediocre soundtrack almost bring tears to my eyes.
Aye, tears of disappointment! Disappointment DOES make one sad, and sadness IS an emotion, so I guess they've accomplished what they set out to do, in the same way the Crazy Taxi theme annoys to the point of anger.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:31:16 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
16 days left. :)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
And the demo goes public on Tuesday (I think, sometime this week at least).

Oh and I should mention that someone on /v/ has the game is doing a Q&A.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:44:40 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Tuesday can't come soon enough!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Already lost. Summary please.

Everything comes full circle