Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406060 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
And the demo goes public on Tuesday (I think, sometime this week at least).

Oh and I should mention that someone on /v/ has the game is doing a Q&A.

(click to show/hide)
Holy shit, someone got it early?  :o

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Holy shit, someone got it early?  :o
Reviewer.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Already lost. Summary please.

-He says that the combat feels better than it did in LOS1
-Atmosphere wise, it feels like Castlevania than LOS1 did at least
-He feels that the modern setting look good outside but is not a fan of the generic interiors like the lab and factories
-Music is similar to the first one with techno synths mixed in (as most were expecting)
-He's playing the PC version, which runs well (doing as no QTE run)
-So far the game is non linear but not as open world as a metroidvania
-He's only played 7 hours of it but if he had to give it a score, he'd give it a 7/10 and states that it's enjoyable (aside from the stealth stuff) but if your a fan of the first game, you'll love LOS2

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
And yet still no PC preorder.

They've really dropped the ball on this. It's almost disgusting, and it's really pissing me off. All we get is " SOON™ " without any actual addressing the matter. They said preorders were open, and showed all 3 versions as ready for preorder, and yet the PC preorders are missing, and remain so, this late.

I wish they would say something. Some kind of "sorry about that, we're having trouble" or something. That PC preorder bonus better be fucking good.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:11:24 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

They've really dropped the ball on this. It's almost disgusting, and it's really pissing me off. All we get is " SOON™ " without any actual addressing the matter. They said preorders were open, and showed all 3 versions as ready for preorder, and yet the PC preorders are missing, and remain so, this late.

I wish they would say something. Some kind of "sorry about that, we're having trouble" or something. That PC preorder bonus better be fucking good.

PC preorders are suppose to go up this week I think.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
I would just be happy that they're doing a PC release at all. When has Castlevania ever been a PC game?
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I would just be happy that they're doing a PC release at all. When has Castlevania ever been a PC game?
The very first one :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

My bet: it drops on Tuesday on Steam, and the bonus is MoF HD on PC.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
That guy is telling us everything we already knew.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
-He says that the combat feels better than it did in LOS1
-Atmosphere wise, it feels like Castlevania than LOS1 did at least
-He feels that the modern setting look good outside but is not a fan of the generic interiors like the lab and factories
-Music is similar to the first one with techno synths mixed in (as most were expecting)
-He's playing the PC version, which runs well (doing as no QTE run)
-So far the game is non linear but not as open world as a metroidvania
-He's only played 7 hours of it but if he had to give it a score, he'd give it a 7/10 and states that it's enjoyable (aside from the stealth stuff) but if your a fan of the first game, you'll love LOS2
Thanks man. Sounds ok.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
The very first one :P

Touché. Touché.   :rollseyes:
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Could someone please link me to that page where this guy answers questions?

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
if your a fan of the first game, you'll love LOS2

So I will love it deeply  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
how deep will you love it, exactly  o.o;

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Could someone please link me to that page where this guy answers questions?

http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/230940418/#q230949983