Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406134 times)

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Oh, and do not forget the QTE, for combat or to regenerate energy or magic, to open doors, to finish foes... and the list can go on...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I liked when we had this debate.
In 2008.

2009 actually.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Oh, and do not forget the QTE, for combat or to regenerate energy or magic, to open doors, to finish foes... and the list can go on...
The ones that don't exist anymore in 2 of the 3 games of the series? (Because they are turned off by default) Yeah.

Actually LoS was announced in 2008 and by that time some people were saying "It should be a CV because it has whips and monsters" and others were saying "that doesn't make it a Castlevania" and so on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:32:36 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
In 2008.

Yeah, with the first LoS and all the reviews... But I think that the re open of the eternal debate is because the new reviews to LoS 2... This seems to not stop, maybe because we are talking of very similar games (both LoS 1 and 2), regarding Chain whip Gabriel and blood whip Dracula...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:42:20 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
The ones that doesn't exist anymore in 2 of the 3 games of the series? Yeah.

Oh, they are not more QTE in MoF and LoS 2? Excuse me, I guess I was wrong. By the way, glad you have play LoS 2 to aseverate that...

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
The ones that don't exist anymore in 2 of the 3 games of the series? (Because they are turned off by default) Yeah.

Actually LoS was announced in 2008 and by that time some people were saying "It should be a CV because it has whips and monsters" and others were saying "that doesn't make it a Castlevania" and so on.

Jeje, good of you that edit your past comment... And I am not one of that people to want LoS become a Castlevania. I insist, that I prefer that LoS were a stand alone franchise with its own history...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:40:04 PM by Mike Belmont »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Jeje, good of you that edit your past comment... And I am not one of that people to want LoS become a Castlevania. I insist, that I prefer that LoS were a stand alone franchise with it own history...
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Castlevania are different series with their own story (for now)

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
 Guys,  5 pages full of this over-exposed debate. This is really boring.

My sentence: I import a pretty shit if LoS 1 take influences of GoW, why? Cause LoS 1 is like a thousands times better than GoW 3 (and sure, than those piece of nonsense calling Ascension).

Go to bed, too burnt out my intelligence whit this topic for today.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
So apparently LOS2 has three different special editions for Europe.... America gets a Gamestop skin....

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Cause LoS 1 is like a thousands times better than GoW 3
several ways to answer this

ehh i'd say theyre on par with each other
HELL fucking NO you must be smoking crack, and not the good kind
i disagree but i respect your opinion
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:58:38 PM by crisis »

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Guys,  5 pages full of this over-exposed debate. This is really boring.

My sentence: I import a pretty shit if LoS 1 take influences of GoW, why? Cause LoS 1 is like a thousands times better than GoW 3 (and sure, than those piece of nonsense calling Ascension).

Go to bed, too burnt out my intelligence whit this topic for today.

Sorry if I re open the debate. I know is over-exposed in the past.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Castlevania are different series with their own story (for now)

Oh no, I hope that LoS remains as a stand alone story.

Siento si les ofendí, @Ahasverus and @cerebralbore, lo que menos quiero es pelear...

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
In 2008.

Damn, has it really been 6 years?

Guess that would explain why Mike Belmont is bringing up all the same, refuted, tired old points. He joined in 2011.

So apparently LOS2 has three different special editions for Europe.... America gets a Gamestop skin....

I will never forgive Cox for his Britishness.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Damn, has it really been 6 years?

Guess that would explain why Mike Belmont is bringing up all the same, refuted, tired old points. He joined in 2011.

No, pal, I follow the Castlevania dungeon since 2001 without said a word... until 2011 when I join the forum... And I was not the one to brought back the same, "refuted" and tired old points, by the way...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:02:13 PM by Mike Belmont »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Está bien Mike, tu opinión es bastante común, y en cierta parte entendible, sólo que, cómo dicen por ahí, no hay qué llorar por la leche derramada.

----------------

So guys, what are you doing to ease the pain of these eternal days?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
why do people still shop at gamestop i hate that place

i mean, if its the only shop thats local then by all means

but srsly, they have a reputation of ripping off customers & shady business tactics when it comes to their "exclusive content," trade-ins, questionable used games policies, amongst others

So guys, what are you doing to ease the pain of these eternal days?
i just stare at your photo all day long