Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406043 times)

Offline Gamermeister

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Gamermeister Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Oh shit!

"The Toy Maker's Heart" is a redux of my favorite theme from MoF, "Carousel's Engine!" I'm VERY happy with that. :D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Flame just keeps getting trolled by konami bahahahaha *continues eating tuna sandwich*

Offline jigru0511

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
i try to speak or write in English but sometimes i can't, because maybe i don't find the correct words or i forget to apply those in the context... I'm Colombian and of course i speak and write in Spanish better than english. I always read you guys because is nice to see who many persons are waiting for CLoS2, and well... Hello to todos
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:17:42 PM by jigru0511 »

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Konami lies!!!....

https://twitter.com/CastlevaniaLOS/status/433328927860207616

Free DLC reliqs and skins (and pack with MoF).

But the problems were greater than expected.

I do not buy it without the bonus! :), I'll wait. Dark Souls 2 is very close

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:21:48 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Konami lies!!!....

I wonder what exactly went wrong? I'm betting my money on Amazon/bestbuy/etc pitching a fit that their exclusive preorder bonuses weren't going to be exclusive to them or something.

EDIT: and that Konami probably didn't like the idea of giving away a game for free.

That said, "More surprises to come" doesn't instill much confidence in me considering thats the same he said about THAT failed preorder bonus. And still no news on whether or not the US will get a physical PC release like Europe.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:31:53 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
If it's MoF, they probably did a Alice Madness returns and Put the game in the Game to access it through the menu.....

The Demo was really good, but probably lacking the "Seller" element like the ps3/360 Demo of the First Lords of Shadow
I really love it when a game features everything the e3 trailer has
I happily paid for my copy of LoS2
I've also had Taco Bell today (hadn't had in in months), Snowed and LoS2, my feburary is complete

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I've also had Taco Bell today

what kinda taco did u have? my fav are the cheesy gordita crunch, and am also partial to soft chicken taco w/ hot sauce

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Hopefully their next proposal doesn't suck.
We don't even know what their first proposal was(during the time Konami of Europe proposed LoS). The closest we got to an American helmed CV was Resurrection. Besides, people like to flaunt how Europe is the motherland of gothic horror. Sure, Europe is the birthplace of such horror stories, Stoker and Shelley, and Japan is the birthplace of Castlevania itself, but America, the birthplace of the iconic Universal monster depictions of said monsters. I don't think one should write us off so soon.

am really hoping for some grotesque enemies and nightmare-inducing segments. 1 of the few things i liked about Curse of darkness was Legion's lair more specifically the lead-up to it. it starts rather typical but as u traverse deeper & deeper your surroundings become more bizarre, almost as if youre being digested by a giant demon with the flesh-like floor and walls pulsating and covered in blood. now despite cod's fails, THAT part was cool

i would love a segment similar to that in los2
I was kinda hoping we would've gotten something like that with LoS's Forgetten One. That is something I always wanted MORE in the CV series, very viceral and meaty looking areas. Something like the Undead Parasite, really meaty, organic, living(or undead) area you actually travel through. That and more Clive Barker-esque inspiration. The whole "beings of pain" with meat hooks and all. Beelzebub and Forgotten One(LoI one) really invoked that sort of feeling, as did the raw back Minotaur in CoD and Gergoth(skin faced and all). THESE are the horrific things I'd love to see MORE in the CV series.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I look Forward to playing this game (and also Dark Souls 2).
After I finished LoS 2 I will watch the Let's Play of Gamermeister. This guy is a fuckin' genius. He's got great commentary, great usage of swear words at the right times and informative commentary when it's necessary. You should check out his great Mirror of Fate LP!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIQqWsOLbNuXcw8fRnAK5SXD9o79AZzE7

And his first Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goAwKm74rNE&index=2&list=PLIQqWsOLbNuXcw8fRnAK5SXD9o79AZzE7
You can hear the dedication of this guy, great. I just hope he will LP Dark Souls 2 as well. That would be sooo hilarious. :)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Konami lies!!!....

Well, look who's back.  ;D

So LoS2 preorders will be bundled with MoF? It seems MS is really intent on force-feeding us that game...
Still, I'm not going to complain. More is better, as they say.

I'm actually a bit on the edge here; either I'll order it early, benefit from the 10% discount, and snatch those few exclusive relics and skins, or I'll patiently sit and wait until the "Ultimate Collector's Edition" (or something to that effect) comes out, as it invariably will, with every DLC and the entire host of post-release improvements these copies usually feature. I'm still not sure which way I should go...

Incidentally, what "problems" are you referring to?
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
am sure theres gonna be some areas/enemies that were cut from the game... maybe in the commentary they will discuss that. and maybe we might see those areas in future dlc

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well, look who's back.  ;D

So LoS2 preorders will be bundled with MoF? It seems MS is really intent on force-feeding us that game...
Still, I'm not going to complain. More is better, as they say.

I'm actually a bit on the edge here; either I'll order it early, benefit from the 10% discount, and snatch those few exclusive relics and skins, or I'll patiently sit and wait until the "Ultimate Collector's Edition" (or something to that effect) comes out, as it invariably will, with every DLC and the entire host of post-release improvements these copies usually feature. I'm still not sure which way I should go...

Incidentally, what "problems" are you referring to?
he means that Cox and MS wanted to bundle the preorder on steam with all the other preorder bonuses AND a free copy of the PC version of MoF HD.

But for whatever reason, they were not able to do that, which is why the only thing they have to show is a 10% discount as a "preorder bonus".

I'm pretty sure neither Bergaron nor Cox are really allowed to say what the problems were due to internal konami stuff, though we can all probably guess what they were about.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Mexicano tambien

Mexicano igualmente :).
----------------------
On theme, any news about the demo in Xbox Live???
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
what kinda taco did u have? my fav are the cheesy gordita crunch, and am also partial to soft chicken taco w/ hot sauce
Funny, I got the Gordita Crunch combo w/ Doritos Fiery Tacos
Today has been a good day

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
En esta página se habla español!!
(click to show/hide)
Colombia baby :P

My laptop runs this game. How good is that? VERY good.

Everything comes full circle

anything