Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406212 times)

Offline mindbender

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Eeeh, the demo was pretty ok... not really bad, but not good too... In fact, it made me want to not buy the game now and wait for the middle of the year to get it on a sale or something...
You were going to get it on PC right? I'm torn too, because I feel it's important to buy this to encourage konami to keep bringing games to PC (bought metal gear rising for the same reason). I don't think I want to pay more than $30 for the game though, and it will likely hit that price in the summer.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Any ideas about what the PSN digital pre-order bonus will be? I feel like it could one of the skins or some exclusive theme.
During today`s Konami stream i asked about LOS2 been for pre order on PSN, The answer i got was that the game just will be avaible at launch. Like Mirror of Fate HD i guess... Also asked if someday we will be able to get Curse of Darkness on PSN just as Lament Of Innocence, but not answer about this one...

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
http://www.sumthing.com/p/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-1/

Director's Cut of the ost for LoS2 is up on Sumthing.com, available for pre-order.  It's sounding amazing.  However, it doesn't sound like the epic music from the original, cinematic trailer is going to be present on it.  I'm actually really quite sad about that, as it's a favourite of mine.  :( :-[  I hope that it features in the game itself.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
You were going to get it on PC right? I'm torn too, because I feel it's important to buy this to encourage konami to keep bringing games to PC (bought metal gear rising for the same reason). I don't think I want to pay more than $30 for the game though, and it will likely hit that price in the summer.
Yes.

I'm bummed that MoF HD wasn't the pre-order incentive... instead, 10% of discount, which is a fucking joke!

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Yes.

I'm bummed that MoF HD wasn't the pre-order incentive... instead, 10% of discount, which is a fucking joke!

I'm not really getting the complaints about the "late" pre-order for pc. Why do you need a digital game pre-ordered? You and flame need to relax.

Also, complaining about a pre-order incentive makes you sound cheap. If you don't want to pay full price just wait.

Maedhros you already stated on GAF you didn't know if you were buying day one.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Why do you need a digital game pre-ordered? You and flame need to relax.
I return your question with a question: why does a physical game need to be preordered? In today's market, it will not sell out.
 if it's not a hit, there will be many copies available. if it's a blockbuster, retailers will scramble to get more as soon as they can. There's no reason to preorder a game digitally or physically save for already pre-buying it, making the process easier once it releases. With a physical launch, you pre-buy and have a copy reserved. with a digital launch, you pre-buy it, and just need to install once it launches.

I'm not really getting the complaints about the "late" pre-order for pc.
It's a matter of principle. They touted a PC version as this big deal, and then the PC version gets treated like a second rate thought. PREORDERS OPEN! RESERVE YOUR COPY TODAY ON PS3, XBOX 360 AND PC! and yet no pc. Silence from Dave Cox, just "Soon(TM)" I mean, when exactly did preorders for consoles open? End of January..?and complete silence from dave cox other than "soon." almost half a month later, after only barely squeezing it out of Cox that he had a surprise for PC preorders, making people going for that version excited that the wait would be worth it for something special... Preorder releases on steam with no preorder bonus, nothing special, justa measly 10% discount, which Konami then proceeds to tout as a preorder incentive. Everything is swept under the rug, and we are meant to assume that the PC preorder was late for no reason. Oh boy, that wait was sure worth it for 6 bucks off! Konami obviously won't say anything, because game companies today don't admit fault, and apparently according to dave cox, what they were planning was not able to go through. and even that tweet is buried in his sea of other tweets, and you wouldn't find that out unless you were actively looking for it and following all of his twitter convos. (And Bergaron who popped in to confirm it)

So half a month late, just for a 10% discount. if you told me 20%, or 25% off, I could maybe swallow the pill and accept it. But just 10%? I don't give a fuck if i sound ungrateful. That's insulting. 6 bucks off for our troubles after being teased with candy and treats for half a month? And they have the gall to tell us THAT'S the pre-order bonus?

Quite frankly, it feels fucking insulting.

That's like you've got 3 guys ordering a sandwich for lunch at a fast food place. As a bonus, if they order it they get the sandwich, and a choice side order of fries, chicken nuggets, or onion rings. The guy at the counter making the sandwiches pulls you aside and tells you that just for you, if you wait a little longer, he's going to let you order not only the sandwich, but a special order as well! So you see people ordering their sandwiches, and getting their side orders, and this goes on for hours, way past lunch time. Whenever you ask the guy how much longer you have to wait, he tells you you'll be able to order your food "soon!" and again promises you will get something special with your order. Eventually, dinner time arrives, and he finally lets you order. And what do you get? Just the sandwich with a little extra cheese in it. When you ask him what happened to the bonus order you were going to get, his partner tells you the extra cheese is the bonus! and the guy tells you that he just wasn't able to prepare what he was going to give you as a side order. But then he reassures you that you shouldn't worry, because there's more special promotions coming up!

Tell me you'd be very convinced at any promises like that.

Might not be entirely accurate, but that's how it feels.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:15:37 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
http://www.sumthing.com/p/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-1/

Director's Cut of the ost for LoS2 is up on Sumthing.com, available for pre-order.  It's sounding amazing.  However, it doesn't sound like the epic music from the original, cinematic trailer is going to be present on it.  I'm actually really quite sad about that, as it's a favourite of mine.  :( :-[  I hope that it features in the game itself.
I can swear I heard it there.

Edit: I was wrong, I thought you meant the last trailer, not the CGI one.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:14:12 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Preordering for physical copies are so you can pick it up on release day in a preferred store or have it shipped to you on release day.

The PC version didn't take a back seat. Konami has said that the PC version would be released on the same day as the console version and they haven't broken that. They also got the preorder up 2 weeks before release so you can preorder it. It is the same game if you preorder it 2 years before or 2 weeks before.

It is just a game, Konami isn't trying insult you. If you aren't happy about it, then vote with your wallet.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Preordering for physical copies are so you can pick it up on release day in a preferred store or have it shipped to you on release day.

The PC version didn't take a back seat. Konami has said that the PC version would be released on the same day as the console version and they haven't broken that. They also got the preorder up 2 weeks before release so you can preorder it. It is the same game if you preorder it 2 years before or 2 weeks before.

It is just a game, Konami isn't trying insult you. If you aren't happy about it, then vote with your wallet.

It's a matter of principle, and responsibility. It feels insulting that after half a month late, they are trying to sell me on a 10% discount as a pre-order bonus when it very obviously is a rushed last minute thought to give some kind of incentive to PC owners. You think they could at least have made it 20%.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:17:51 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

That track was released months (maybe years) ago, but not in an official way.

Wait 2-3 weeks after the game is released and you'll get a complete gamerip from some site.

EDIT: LOL It's out, I'll see if it is complete at home, and well-ripped too.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:03:16 PM by Chernabogue »

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Is just me or the demo looks a little better on 360?.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
It's a matter of principle, and responsibility. It feels insulting that after half a month late, they are trying to sell me on a 10% discount as a pre-order bonus when it very obviously is a rushed last minute thought to give some kind of incentive to PC owners. You think they could at least have made it 20%.
PC already gets all of the Console pre-orders, saving $6 AND all 3 pre-order bonuses seems better than full price and 1 of the 3.

Sadly we probably will not be getting that bonus which is most likely a free copy of Mirror of Fate which is a real setback for me because I never got to play MoF and I really don't want to watch a playthrough via youtube...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I still haven't downloaded it YET (give me 1 hour), but, on the complete music rip (from the demo):

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
PC already gets all of the Console pre-orders, saving $6 AND all 3 pre-order bonuses seems better than full price and 1 of the 3.
Except PC is not getting the console preorders bonuses... All the Preorder bonuses will be future DLC, but not PC exclusive DLC, DLC in general. Where did you get the idea that PC is getting 6$ off and the Console bonuses? PC is getting JUST the 6$ off, unless I'm missing something here.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:53:50 PM by Flame »

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Yup, it's the cgi one I meant.

That track was released months (maybe years) ago, but not in an official way.

Wait 2-3 weeks after the game is released and you'll get a complete gamerip from some site.

EDIT: LOL It's out, I'll see if it is complete at home, and well-ripped too.

I already have multiple rips of the track, one of which apparently came from Araujo's soundcloud (not is no longer there).  It's more that I was hoping to see it on the ost in the hope in part as a sign that it, and uses of some of its motifs, feature in the game's soundtrack.  PLus the song is epic. :)
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"