Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406083 times)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I've listened to the OST, and I only have one thing to say: Araujo has outdone himself again.

So here's the answer that burning question I'd had -- Yes, LoS2's soundtrack actually does manage to sound worse than either LoS's or MoF's. Hell, I didn't even think that was possible until now.

Granted, most of Araujo's previous works were bland, but they never truly went below mediocrity. Yet this time around I've listened to tracks so altogether incoherent that I can't describe them as anything else but awful. LoS's music was often uninspired, but never really poorly composed; and yet most of LoS2's music possesses so little structure or form that I can't blame the OST's flaws on simple creative droughts anymore. In essence, I've never heard any of Araujo's music actually sound bad before...

The soundtrack isn't without its strong points, of course -- Dracula's Theme, for one, stands among the game's few enjoyable pieces -- but on the whole it's an undeniable disappointment. LoS's mistakes haven't just been repeated; they've gotten noticeably worse.

I didn't like the soundtrack either, but can you be a little more specific please?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Konami's PR team are tracking Bergaron down :( They want to fire him/cut it from the company. Let's pray for him. We owe him a lot (and they owe him a lot of sales too).

Everything comes full circle

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Konami's PR team are tracking Bergaron down :( They want to fire him/cut it from the company. Let's pray for him. We owe him a lot (and they owe him a lot of sales too).

This is sad to read.
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
All he ever did was giving approximate dates of trailers. He never did anything wrong

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

lol are u serious? well he WAS our mole, and he WAS fully aware of what he was doing and the repercussions it will eventually have against him. im sure some disciplinary action may be warranted, but firing him is a lil drastic. not like he leaked the game's script or anything.

suspension with pay, ms/konami. dont be dicks.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
lol are u serious? well he WAS our mole, and he WAS fully aware of what he was doing and the repercussions it will eventually have against him. im sure some disciplinary action may be warranted, but firing him is a lil drastic. not like he leaked the game's script or anything.

suspension with pay, ms/konami. dont be dicks.
Great so let's leech him while he's useful and abandon him with his carrer killed. You know what crisis, that's not my style. He's bergaron, he's no one else here, he's not a konami employee here, he's just an user on a forum and we shouldn't say anything more than that. None of us.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Can the reactions in this forum to the demo, reviews, o OST/RIP was the reason for Bergaron to be in troubles? Well, is strange, because he is not the only one to post information or spoilers here.

But..., how do you know that information, @Ashaverus???
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Can the reactions in this forum to the demo, reviews, o OST/RIP was the reason for Bergaron to be in troubles? Well, is strange, because he is not the only one to post information or spoilers here.

But..., how do you know that information, @Ashaverus???

I think there are some platform confusions here. Either by GAF or this Bergaron guy. The current plan for PC is set in stone but there is an opportunity coming up for one of the platforms that I wrote about here.
His declarations ended up in neogaf (by myself, and others, just spreaded information) then this happened
Bergaron probably shouldn't be leaking internal discussions with first party, IMO. Now I have to get our PR involved. :\

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think there are some platform confusions here. Either by GAF or this Bergaron guy. The current plan for PC is set in stone but there is an opportunity coming up for one of the platforms that I wrote about here.
His declarations ended up in neogaf (by myself, and others, just spreaded information) then this happened
Bergaron probably shouldn't be leaking internal discussions with first party, IMO. Now I have to get our PR involved. :\

Do you have the link, for full information? So the main problem is for spread an leak information about a game release for PC, or am I wrong?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:06:05 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6279 on: February 12, 2014, 05:05:43 PM »
Sad to hear about Bergaron, seems that Konami is about to crack down on future leaks.

Gotta feeling leak guy on /v/ is gonna be laying low for a while.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Well who thought it would be a good idea to even talk about Bergaron outside of this forum?

I hope he doesn't lose his job, Berg and Konami Leak Guy did a WAY better job marketing this game than Konami's whole PR did.
Gotta feeling leak guy on /v/ is gonna be laying low for a while.
He posted last night for the last time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:08:12 PM by OSM »

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well who thought it would be a good idea to even talk about Bergaron outside of this forum?

I hope he doesn't lose his job, Berg and Konami Leak Guy did a WAY better job marketing this game than Konami's whole PR did. He posted last night for the last time.

Me either... But, is true that thanks to both guys we know much information about the game. But, many of us here know, too, in speculation or other sources, right? Their information were strictly confidential?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Guilty here. And other people. This forum is public, you know.
I hope he doesn't lose his job, Berg and Konami Leak Guy did a WAY better job marketing this game than Konami's whole PR did.
Pretty much.

This "scandal" was because people were asking what happened to the "Free MoF Pre-Order incentive" and of course begaron spilled the beans. BTW, I don't even think he works for konami, he's just very close to someone who is not so tight lipped and is in the upper management, otherwise he wouldn't had known about executive meetings (Japan being "aggressive" over a new LoS game, for example).

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
OT: Damn this forum is hella slow lately...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Someone needs to tell konami/MS/Cox/etc that Bergaron or not, it was painfully obvious that free MoF HD was what Cox wanted to do for the PC preorder.

I mean honestly. Cox wouldn't shut up about surprises and soon. what kind of surprise would be worth delaying PC preorders for half a month? surely not a bundle of the 2 skins and relic pack... The only obvious conclusion is that he was trying wo work out some sort of deal that included MoF HD as a preorder for PC users.

I didn't need Bergaron to say it for me to figure it out. I was already speculating it about a week before PC preorders opened, when PC users were starting to get more antsy about "where the hell is that preorder".

I Hope Bergaron doesn't get in trouble for something that was very obvious already... he merely confirmed the suspicions many already had, nothing more.

MS and Cox are VERY bad at keeping secrets, and not because of leaks. They are just way too open about details, which opens the floodgates of speculation, which usually ends up with somebody guessing correctly.

I second Mike Belmont's query- do you have a link to where this is being discussed? I'd like to give a piece of my mind there on this.

get Lords of Shadow 2 on PC for $40!

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/castlevania-lords-of-shadow#castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2
Where do i put the code in at Green man gaming?

Guilty here. And other people. This forum is public, you know.Pretty much.
Won't lie, me too. I never mentioned any names or where from though. Saying "a source from elsewhere" usually makes people assume /v/ anyway.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything