Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406400 times)

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

MS and Cox are VERY bad at keeping secrets, and not because of leaks. They are just way too open about details, which opens the floodgates of speculation, which usually ends up with somebody guessing correctly.

Exactly, that is why my surprise to hear some one here, like Bergaron have troubles with the information leak. In the other hand, what would happen if he gave wrong info, like DLCs or Special Edition localization? I mean, this is an open forum, and everyone is free to talk/write, I think.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Not surprising considering Ahasverus always posted about the leaks on fucking Neogaf, where there's one PR guy from Konami who reads the forum everyday. And always said that they were posted here. That was the main problem. Making references to his leaks would be ok, but saying where to find was a real problem.

Sadly, I think they'll track him.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:03:31 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So, the spoiler tags that many ask for it have not worked well after all, I supossed...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
So, the spoiler tags that many ask for it have not worked well after all, I supossed...
Spoiler topics shoud be avoided by people who don't want spoilers.

Call me a dick, but I'll spoil on this topic without a second thought if I can. If someone made a topic with "NO SPOILERS HERE", I wouldn't post spoilers there, because, common sense.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Sadly, I think they'll track him.
I don't think so.  Not even Alvarez could. And if Klownami weren't such morons at almost everything (not blaming Mercury here) bergaron shouldn't had be needed.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I don't think so.  Not even Alvarez could. And if Klownami weren't such morons at almost everything (not blaming Mercury here) bergaron shouldn't had be needed.
I don't think Konami are being dicks. Companies wants their secrets to be kept that way for their reasons. Things like this can both make people buy or not buy a game and since they can't control it, naturally they will be against it.

If Bergaron is someone from Konami, he probably signed a contract that prevented him of leaking things.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i remember around late 2007/early 2008 there was a guy that suddenly appeared on GameFAQS of all places & posted a couple screenshots of the then-unknown Order of Ecclesia. he also asked for help for proper translation of the name of the first crab boss. not too long after he disappeared & the thread was removed

even before that i recall someone that was leaking us info about portrait of ruin. he/she stuck around for a lil while even after the game was released. then disappeared

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
i remember around late 2007/early 2008 there was a guy that suddenly appeared on GameFAQS of all places & posted a couple screenshots of the then-unknown Order of Ecclesia. he also asked for help for proper translation of the name of the first crab boss. not too long after he disappeared & the thread was removed

even before that i recall someone that was leaking us info about portrait of ruin. he/she stuck around for a lil while even after the game was released. then disappeared
I think that we can continue to expect things like this on the future, as this is the biggest Castlevania forum on the internet.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Let's not point fingers now, just cross your fingers our comrades will be able to avoid Konami's ninjas safe and sound.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

And it was Gunlord of all people that suggested Brachyura.

I remember taunting the guy at first because we all that the screens were fake, and saying 'are you seriously kidding me? doesn't konami, a Japanese company, actually have a translation division?" and he said 'I AM THE TRANSLATION DIVISION!'

It was also Semianonymous that got him in trouble because he emailed Konami about the leaked screens to see if they were legit. That's when the guy disappeared....and then IGA said someone got fired for that in one of the OoE interviews.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Man, I can't believe you remember that hero-kun. That was 6 years ago!

That said, I think the translator guy came back said he had indeed been released. He wasn't mad about it though, he admitted he did wrong cause he didn't know you're under an NDA when you do translation work like that. He said he wouldn't do it next time and was thankful for the lesson, since if he was on a more important project it might have been a lot worse.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Why is this site so slow? jesus.

So i tried the demo the other night. man, that was smooth. From what I understand, it's not based on the final game, and I hope not, since one of the big issues that i think they fixed up in say, that toymaker video, is the fact that the attacks from all 3 weapons are a bit too flashy, and con very often result in you getting hit because you couldn't see the attack indicator over the bright flashy flash.

other than that, really smooth and visually impressive. if games like this look the way they do at the end of the generation's lifespan, (also, compare Saint's Row 1 with Saint's Row 4) Imagine what games will look like at the end of the new generation? I mean some games already look pretty impressive visually. Imagine!

(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
(click to show/hide)

Sick burn

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So, after hearing it, my thoughs about the soundtrack are:

(click to show/hide)

Let´s see and hear how that music fits in the middle of the game...

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Where do i put the code in at Green man gaming?
As you checkout, Paste the code in the Vouncer Section and add voucher, it should pop up when you click "next step"

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles