Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406087 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
You guys are awesome.

I'll make a deal with all of you right now.. Mail me your $60, and I'll mail you a copy of Metal Gear Rising or Devil May Cry 3. The choice is yours. No need to spend $60 on the (shaping up to be) garbage that is Lords of Shadow 2.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:34:29 AM by Rugal »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Ahasverus, what happened to you? One second you were touting LoS2's infinite merits and complaining about unprofessional reviews, the next you're lamenting Konami's choice in choosing MercurySteam as a developer. I've never been so completely confused in my life. Did Rugal steal your account? Is he forcing you at gunpoint to write these lines?

People, the game hasn't yet been released -- why is this entire forum giving up hope all of sudden because two leaked reviews were supposedly negative? They may very well be accurate, but at this point they hardly constitute what you could call a general consensus. Why don't we wait at least until official reviews are actually written before starting to complain?

God I felt like everyone was going insane. Nice to know you still have a good head on your shoulders, Intersection, HOWEVER MUCH I MAY DISAGREE WITH THE THOUGHTS THAT COME OUT OF IT.

:P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Ahasverus, what happened to you? One second you were touting LoS2's infinite merits and complaining about unprofessional reviews, the next you're lamenting Konami's choice in choosing MercurySteam as a developer. I've never been so completely confused in my life. Did Rugal steal your account? Is he forcing you at gunpoint to write these lines?

People, the game hasn't yet been released -- why is this entire forum giving up hope all of sudden because two leaked reviews were supposedly negative? They may very well be accurate, but at this point they hardly constitute what you could call a general consensus. Why don't we wait at least until official reviews are actually written before starting to complain?
Gameinformer review was very unprofessional, the Edge review actually has some valid complaints, and truth to be said, they are baffling. MS had all the time in the world, had their chances, had our confidence and support, and they deliver a sub par product filled with "brilliant ideas" that don¿t have anything to do in the game. And in the procsess put the entire series in peril. This is a no win situation, if the game sells, people would be supppporting a game that fundamentally doesn't work, and if it doesn't, the series is dead. I don't know what to think right now, I'm as conflicted as you are about myself.

Everything comes full circle

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I'm as conflicted as you are about myself.

Are you? That's one extremely self-assured total heelturn there.

I enjoyed the demo and am still looking forward to the game. This is one of those games where I definitely want to play it for myself.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:01:32 PM by derision »

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I personally am going to wait for the general consensus of reviews before buying. Even though the demo by itself seemed good enough, who's to say that the main game won't be bad?

If some of these complaints are true, then they should have focused more on making a good linear game that took some new ideas and executed them in a good way than have a big, open-world that is full of problems. It seems like linear 3D Castlevania games always seem to review better than the ones that try to be like Metroid. As great as a 3D Metroidvania would be, I'd take a more linear Castlevania over a flawed Metroidvania game any day. (for the 3D entries)

Of course, the above is my inference of 3Dvania from what I have observed. We will have to wait until the game releases to get all of the review scores...

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Man Ahaverus went and turned heel. Now he's gonna be walking around with the back and white colors and the Hollywood shades. :(

I still wanna play it, I've played shit games plenty of times before and this game may end up being the best shit game of the year.

You guys are awesome.

I'll make a deal with all of you right now.. Mail me your $60, and I'll mail you a copy of Metal Gear Rising or Devil May Cry 3. The choice is yours. No need to spend $60 on the (shaping up to be) garbage that is Lords of Shadow 2.

I can get those games for free, not to mention I have those games already.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:23:52 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
You guys are awesome.

Neither game is worth $60, so you're just trying to steal from people! O:

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Neither game is worth $60, so you're just trying to steal from people! O:

You're right.. But LoS2 isn't worth $60. My advice to everyone is to skip LoS2 and just go buy Dark Souls 2. The game will be better in every way.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I still wanna play it, I've played shit games plenty of times before and this game may end up being the best shit game of the year.
lol I love your mentality. I want some.
You're right.. But LoS2 isn't worth $60. My advice to everyone is to skip LoS2 and just go buy Dark Souls 2. The game will be better in every way.
Except graphics (Which are hideous). And some people don't like their games to rape them.

I for one, will buy this game AND South Park :P

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Dark Souls II? My man. <3

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards

Oh wow, the youtube troll has an account here. What do you know.

I'll pass on the advice.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
lol I love your mentality. I want some.

Just take some "Fuck it" and enjoy life.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
    • Awards
LoS raped our love for Castlevania.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
LoS raped our love for Castlevania.
Eh, LoS reignited mine, it's LoS2 (not even MoF) what hurts me.

anything