Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406257 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
A finnish magazine gave it like a 9.5. This game will be more divisive thn God Hand.

Nah I thinks it's gonna be pretty straightforward ranging from 4 to 7 (or if we take the 5 star system to account, 2 to 3 stars), especially coming from the US based sites.

End then, in the ultimate divine joke, IGN gives this game a 10/10

You heard it here first, folks.

They didn't like the first two games, no way is that happening. Hell the way things are going, I'd be a miracle if it got anything higher than a 5 from IGN if even Edge and GI hates it. They may as well not even bother to review the game anyway.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:29:27 PM by Kingshango »

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Ign....

The guys who have Judgment a 7.5 and Mirror of fate a 4....

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
LoS2 getting a 2 from ign confirmed lol

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Really surprising LoS1 scored higher than LoS2 so far when LoS2 has way more to do with what we would associate Castlevania with aesthetically. Not to mention actually having Dracula, Alucard, and a Belmont clan. I figured things like that would earn it a few extra points, y'know? Obviously though the gameplay is what ultimately matters, LoS1 wasn't favored for it's gameplay either.

I still think including Satan, or even making him an important plot point is probably the dumbest thing ever for Castlevania. Like, Satan has never had anything to do with the series before, besides the presence of evil everywhere.

I mean, Dracula's right hand man is Death. As far as I'm concerned Dracula in the old canon was "Satan" himself.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:10:10 PM by OSM »

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Why is it, that everyone happens to be so worried about the reviews? I personally believe that game shouldn't be based around reviews because I have discovered that some of the most "shitty reviewed" games happen to be the best, while other reviews score the even shittier fanboy games. Seriously, if all they are bitching about is the stealth segments of the game, just maybe that the fact is, is that they are horrible at stealth gameplay elements to begin with. Personally, from all my years of gaming: Absolutely do not let reviews stun you away from a game that you might enjoy. I read a review once that Zone of the Enders was horrible, but when I played it (it was out for awhile) I absolutely loved it. No, I didn't buy it for the MGS2 demo, because I already had MGS2.  Personally, in my belief, most of these reviewist don't even bother to understand the game fully, they rush through it, only picking up on the small flaws here and there that could stun the game overall. I remember when people used to say that most of the move set in LoS1 was useless, but when you actually sit down and begin to understand the game, you clearly will see that these people are morons and really have no business being paid to play video games to begin with.

Remember, these are idiots who are playing on the Easy setting, expecting to get their hands held because they are so spoiled by easy-win games that require no strategy or critical thinking. Their objective is to find every thing that is wrong with the game, instead of highlighting it's grand mechanics. An example of this, is calling LoS a God of War clone, when the games are in fact entirely the two games have different game play mechanics. In God of War, all you had to do was use the same combo over and over again (an "I win button") while in LoS, you are supplied with a Focus Combat system that punishes you when you use the same combo too many times, and provides Knock Down/Back mechnics, along with AoE and CC. No real strategy there folks, yep, just another clone.

I really wouldn't even bother listening to reviews - I will either research the via videos (game play only) and or buy the game myself to make a final judgement on if I like the game or not and personally, I will not make a final judgement of the game until I have actually beat the game, not just after playing 3-4 hours of it.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6380 on: February 13, 2014, 03:59:43 PM »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:05:21 PM by Kingshango »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
another thing that I was looking forward to but now appears to have been dashed is how this game was supposed to be "not linear".

While from what I read it is true that the game is not as linear as LOS1 it is still not as open as I would have liked.

Maybe my opinion on it will change when I play it, but from what I've seen and read the game does not have the kind of exploration and open worldness I was hoping for.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
We are an enthusiast forum. Call it hardcore gamers if you want. Our opinions about reviews can be very different from the mainstream one, but it doesn't matter, when most of the people take these score seriously.

I'm sure people here and in other places will enjoy the game. Just don't think it'll be remembered as a success.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
 Venga tios, dejo el foro por un día y me encuentro todo este montón de despropósitos:

- Supuestas reviews (que no aparecen en ningún link) que ponen a LoS2 por los suelos.
 - Haters y trolls de CLoS emergen con fuerza y se apoyan en estas supuestas "rivius" para tirar argumentos cargados de excrementos y el "que vuelva IGA" de turno.
 - La mitad del foro (los no trolls de IGA) que tienen fe en el juego, tambaleándose por las notas de las reviews.

No voy a dar argumentos porque veo que por aquí, cabezotas sois un rato, y eso está claro que no va a cambiar pero, para creer que un 2 es una nota profesional, con un buen baremo, que no ha sido colocada después de expulsar vilis y estertores de niña del exorcista, entonces, ya no es que seáis cabezotas, sino más bien una piara de ovejas deseosas de escuchar un "que viene el lobo" para salir desperdigadas por el monte como locas.

Y tu @Rugal, tanto que estás promocionando la compra del Dark Souls 2 antes que la del CLoS2, instala el veterano Blade: The Edge of Darkness, también de Mercury Steam (es más, hacerlos todos), a ver de donde "se emborracha" el Dark Souls2; eso también lo digo para el que llamó a los de Mercury Steam "novatos".
 Sorry for not write in english, just too late in Spain, and too bewildered for the way that have taken the forum.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
(click to show/hide)
Damn, I do remember that. Nice job man.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
You're right.. But LoS2 isn't worth $60. My advice to everyone is to skip LoS2 and just go buy Dark Souls 2. The game will be better in every way.
Good thing I'm getting it for 40$! That Yogscast discount is just too good.

LoS raped our love for Castlevania.
Don't speak for me. Lords of Shadow had me hyped as hell back when it was teased. Finally, a good, big budget Castlevania that promised to not be quirky and rehashed, or clunky. I loved LoI, but it was far from perfect. And even for a PS2 game, it didn't really take advantage of the graphical capability.

And then there was shit like the DS games and Judgement... Which really turned me way off. LoS was a Castlevania game I could actually be excited about. That actually got attention again, as opposed to off hand mentions in tiny editorials in gaming magazines.

I don't get why you're so discouraged all of a sudden. You should at least wait till the game comes out.
I'm surprised to see you of all people, suggesting someone wait till a LoS game comes out to hate or like it...

But I agree. I don't know why you are getting so worked up Ahasverus. A review is just an opinion. And ever since the 2000's, it's popular to hate on everything for arbitrary reasons. Game reviews are jokes.

play the demo, buy the game, then make up your own mind. Dont let other people decide for you whether you should like or dislike it.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Good thing I'm getting it for 40$! That Yogscast discount is just too good.
Don't speak for me. Lords of Shadow had me hyped as hell back when it was teased. Finally, a good, big budget Castlevania that promised to not be quirky and rehashed, or clunky. I loved LoI, but it was far from perfect. And even for a PS2 game, it didn't really take advantage of the graphical capability.

And then there was shit like the DS games and Judgement... Which really turned me way off. LoS was a Castlevania game I could actually be excited about. That actually got attention again, as opposed to off hand mentions in tiny editorials in gaming magazines.
I'm surprised to see you of all people, suggesting someone wait till a LoS game comes out to hate or like it...

But I agree. I don't know why you are getting so worked up Ahasverus. A review is just an opinion. And ever since the 2000's, it's popular to hate on everything for arbitrary reasons. Game reviews are jokes.

play the demo, buy the game, then make up your own mind. Dont let other people decide for you whether you should like or dislike it.

Hear, hear! Castlevania has never gripped me so until I played Lords of Shadow. It fully engrossed me in the series like never before! Happy to have it and don't ever want to get rid of it.  :D :)
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Hear, hear! Castlevania has never gripped me so until I played Lords of Shadow. It fully engrossed me in the series like never before! Happy to have it and don't ever want to get rid of it.  :D :)

if u love it so much than why dont u marry it!!!!!  >:( >:(

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
OK you guys I hope you had enjoyed the ost torrent, I have to turn off my pc now, the bill is going through the roof

Everything comes full circle

anything