Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406084 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
If you want to play the game, play it. If you don't want, pass your way. That's that simple ;)

Exactly.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
So I tweeted Enric about the Agreus section and he got defensiv as always, jeez, see? That's why we are where we are. They seriously believe they made Ocarina of Time. And I like Enric (at least he's enthusiast)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Flame:

I got the areas that the PSN bonus of MoF will be released in directly from the fb post which I linked.

As for the matter of whether I'm going "Oh no!  This game is going to be crap, because the reviews coming in say it is!  Arghhhh!" is a non-existant matter for the moment for me.  I paid attention to what I'd heard about LoS1, saying that it wasn't a Castlevania game yadda yadda yadda.  I then proceeded to ignore the game for a while, before curiousity lead me to watching a movie of the game on youtube, and found myself impressed.  When I finally ended up getting a console, I picked up the game at the same time.  I ended up really loving the game, even with knowing what was coming up.

On the flip side, the game I've played which is meant to be really good but I wasn't so keen on was Assassin's Creed 1.  I find the gameplay repeatative, and the system clunky.  AC2 however is amazing, and for me the highlight of the games.
You're confusing reviews with the opinion of fans of the series. LoS had RAVING reviews. GI and Edge gave it a nice score.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I'm not, Maedhros.  I didn't specify what source of pov had initially made me wary of LoS.  Personally, I don't really care much for what other people say (especially before the game is out), be it a magazine review or a review from a fellow fan, I'll make my own opinion.  Everyone has different opinions and tastes after all.  I've been a fan of the series for over ten years now, and yes, I love both the original timeline games and LoS so far.  All I'm saying is that I won't write off LoS2 as a pile of crap until after I have played the game and formed my own judgement.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:02:14 AM by tatteredseraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
bottom line: i will buy myself, and if i tell u guys not to buy it, then all u better will listen to me an not buy, ok?
why?becuase i say so.end of discussion

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Crisis has spoken, this discussion is over.

In other news, new footage that shows the gameplay that we all wanted to see (with commentary unfortunatly):

Rocket Beans' Hard Reset (Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2) Folge 8 - 1/3

I'll be in the shelter, you guys have fun.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Flame, you're delusional buddy.

Lords of Shadow has been a God of War ripoff since the very beginning. With that stated.. Seems like Cox's imagination continues to be non-existent. So much for "changing" Castlevania. All Cox managed to do was change it into a heaping pile of cat shit. Also lol at "badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones." That's sig worthy.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Holy crap that looks HORRIBLE like GARBAGE TIER OMG Mercury seriously what were you smoking UGH

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I'm talking about the stealth. The rest of the game is fine. And those people playing have a mental disfunction. 10 minutes to jump in the ledge with the bats indicating your path, and falling off the chandelier? Really?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm talking about the stealth. The rest of the game is fine. And those people playing have a mental disfunction. 10 minutes to jump in the ledge with the bats indicating your path, and falling off the chandelier? Really?

And even with the game literally telling them what to do, they were still getting lost.

And while that stealth segment certainly looked, thankfully it doesn't seem to last long, like 3/4 minutes or so and there seems to be only three of them (that we know of).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:02:53 AM by Kingshango »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

And even with the game literally telling them what to do, they were still getting lost.

And while that stealth segment certainly looked, thankfully it doesn't seem to last long, like 3/4 minutes or so and there seems to be only three of them (that we know of).

I feel like they should make it a requirement that you have to be good at playing games to stream them professionally.

That being said, the stealth didn't look all that bad. I mean, it wasn't Metal Gear Solid tier or anything close, but it looked quick and easy.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
This thread has gotten absolutely fantastic to read......

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6462 on: February 15, 2014, 09:41:28 AM »
I shouldn't be surprised that after out of place high fantasy elements in the first game, the developers felt they needed to put out of place sci-fi elements in the second one.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6463 on: February 15, 2014, 09:43:16 AM »
I shouldn't be surprised that after out of place high fantasy elements in the first game, the developers felt they needed to put out of place sci-fi elements in the second one.

It does feel kind of weird seeing Dracula run around in a factory setting.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Bloodlines had a factory level
(click to show/hide)