Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406294 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
IGN (aka the site that will give this game a 5/10) posted a video showcasing the weapons and abilities.

The Weapons of Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
To tell you the truth, from that German video, the stealth part didn't bother me as much as the fuckin collapsing floor section near the end fo the video. That looked like a real bullshit section!

No way! That shit seemed easy. Judging by what I've seen now, LoS2 has the same bullshit. Big Beautiful Exteriors you wanna explore but there is collision and I HATE things like that. When the platforms were falling down, they kept jumping. They should've kept running until the edge and then jump. As for myself, I may screw up once, twice or even three times. But those guys suck! I bet you don't even have to calculate your jumps. The collision will help you in that section and it will only turn off if you're late in your jump and that is if there is collision in that section. I know it is early in the game but I kind of agree about the freedom. While you CAN SEE that Dracula can platform quite well, the game only gives you certain walls and ledges you can platform or climb on. I thought you could turn into rats at will and only use your Mana/Magicka/Blood which would run out fast and make you haste but you can only turn into them at certain points. I say that's bullshit and seriously thought we were over things like that in gaming. I will still ENJOY the game but honestly, LoS series has been fun but not in a genuine sense of fun. Like all DS Castlevanias and this, it was all hype. I always looked at Castlevania Series and looked at it as "It could've been more" gameplay wise but it just leaves me hanging  :-\

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
PC Guru (Hungary) - 85/100

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
IGN (aka the site that will give this game a 5/10) posted a video showcasing the weapons and abilities.

The Weapons of Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2

Man, look at that jagged mess of PS2 level graphcis.

Doesn't this game look visually awful guys? Like, it looks really, really bad. My 2 year old daughter could make a better looking game than this.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Man, look at that jagged mess of PS2 level graphcis.

Doesn't this game look visually awful guys? Like, it looks really, really bad. My 2 year old daughter could make a better looking game than this.

No kidding, this is Shenmue 1 levels of graphics.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
lol at some of the people getting butthurt by the reviews. :D

But those stealth section........said it before and I will say it again, DRACULA SHOULD NOT EVEN NEED THEM TO BEGIN WITH.

The ONLY instance in that game where the stealth section would have been believable was during his weakened and decrypted state, but judging by that video he is still going to be pulling that stealth shit even after regaining his power.

And not to mention that it felt out of place and looked like it would be a real momentum buster, like say you played through this game and the combat (which so far looks good in LOS2) is just starting to reach new heights for you, your enjoying it and want more and then BOOM!, your hit with a "stealth section" lol.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:50:15 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
No kidding, this is Shenmue 1 levels of graphics.

Yeah, that's about right.

Also, at 0:47, that goddamn soldier is getting HIT-STUNNED by the VOID SWORD.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

lol at some of the people getting butthurt by the reviews. :D

But those stealth section........said it before and I will say it again, DRACULA SHOULD NOT EVEN NEED THEM TO BEGIN WITH.

I ain't butthurt, just the more I play/watch, the more holes I'm finding in the Edge review. At this point, I almost want to say it's...stupid. It's a stupid review.

Agree with you about the stealth though. Maybe there will be a passable explanation?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:55:42 AM by e105beta »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

Agree with you about the stealth though. Maybe there will be a passable explanation?

I doubt it, I can't think of any believable reasoning to have Dracula (post weakened state) having to sneak around lesser enemies.

But maybe...just maybe....... :-\

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I doubt it, I can't think of any believable reasoning to have Dracula (post weakened state) having to sneak around lesser enemies.

But maybe...just maybe....... :-\

Maybe if he's seen, the eye of Sauron Satan will find him and the shard of the Mirror of Fate will overcome his senses, leaving Alucard to carry him the rest of the way up to Mount Hell?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Also, at 0:47, that goddamn soldier is getting HIT-STUNNED by the VOID SWORD.

It certainly wasn't like this on the demo I played (i've put the game of the hard difficult). It was like I was attacking the air, except with the Chaos Claws, the only weapon with a satisfying hit.

The stealth section looks like CANCER. Why the hell they should be there? I'm sure they'll make the experience sour as fuck.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
It certainly wasn't like this on the demo I played (i've put the game of the hard difficult). It was like I was attacking the air, except with the Chaos Claws, the only weapon with a satisfying hit.

If there's anything they can change between the E3 demo and now, hitstun would be one of the easier things. I wouldn't be surprised.

Can someone who speaks Spanish ask Enric if the team changed the hitstun values since creating the E3 demo?

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I think there shouldn't have been a Stealth Section, but Stealth Mechanics being implemented wouldn't have been bad. I would love to go behind one of them Brutes, drain their blood and possess them and kill bunch of guards one by one or just directly kill them as DRACUL! They took the concept of challenge and increased it only to drain down freedom. A good open world game plays more like a Sandbox rather than giving you the illusion of freedom and have collisions/invisible walls. I WANTED A DRACULA SIMULATOR, not some hack and slash...

I'mma be playing this on easy just so I feel like an uber-powerful Vampire.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:17:24 PM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
If there's anything they can change between the E3 demo and now, hitstun would be one of the easier things. I wouldn't be surprised.

Can someone who speaks Spanish ask Enric if the team changed the hitstun values since creating the E3 demo?
We'll see. I'm not betting on it, though.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Quote from: DarkPrinceAlucard
The ONLY instance in that game where the stealth section would have been believable was during his weakened and decrypted state,

decrypted

u keep using  that word and i dont think it means what u think it means

i think u mean to say **decrepit**

u keep making this same mistake darkprincealucard

mannn i dont even care about los2 at this point u just keep saying "decrypted" over n over

just PLEASE use decrepit from now on so i can sleep better at night

ur driving me insane boy

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Just watched the video. The two people playing should have spent less time talking and more playing. Also, the stealth section shown in the video didn't seem too bad, but it's probably the first stealth section of the game. While it's no Deus Ex, I wasn't really expecting it to be. As for this whole Agrues stealth section complaint, it sounds like the people running into issues with it aren't keeping track of what their special abilities are. Granted, from the IGN video, we've seen that the mist works differently from LOS1's DLC. But still, if one was playing Deus Ex Human Revolution (which has better stealth sections than what was shown in the video), you still would be aware of the ability to turn invisible if you kept good track of what augmentations you have unlocked and which ones you haven't.

At least, that's how some of these reviewers complaining about the section come off to me, anyways. (especially if they are playing as bad as the people in that video, if not worse!)