Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406405 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I noticed that the track "enough talk g9" from the rip shares some elements with "Nothing to Lose" from CV1 at 0:30, especially the strings. Quite interesting.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
In that same vein, 1:03 sounds like the beginning to Tragic Prince:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 OST - Enough Talk (Grand Battle)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:20:49 AM by e105beta »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
In that same vein, 1:03 sounds like the beginning to Tragic Prince:
Not bad too! Nice spot.

Some "atmosphere" tracks also contains some notes from "Divine Bloodlines", in a very calm/quiet arrangement, though it may be purely unintentional (atmosfere 5).

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
New reviews (by found in gamefaqs):

Video Gamer (french magazine) ->17/20

Play Mania (spanish magazine) -> 95/100

Pelaaja (finnish magazine) -> 9/10

Gameinformer 6/10

Edge 4/10

Bipolar notes.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I'm sensing so much European Union in these reviews.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm sensing so much European Union in these reviews.
What if american reviewers are just bad?

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
dynasty warriors garners good reviews back in japan

games don't really have an objective quality anyway, cultural preferences and a person's own aesthetic after all. it's probably more than pride lol.

dynasty warriors is actually a masterpiece of combat design though. hopefully, lords 2 is the same way.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
What if american reviewers are just bad?
What if the european reviews are paid?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
What if the european reviews are paid?
It's Klownami, they can't pay themselves for a single website ad much less for a review.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
While its not impossible that Mercury Steam or Konami could have paid for good reviews (as much as any other game studio or publisher could), it's MUCH more likely that its just 'home team advantage'. By this I mean they possibly scored the game higher due to pride in fellow europeans.

We saw this with LoS1 and MoF too. The trend seems to indicate its just that. On the other side of the fence (or ocean in this case), American reviews seem to be pretty diverse on the LoS games.

It's somewhat common to have some bias leech in no matter what is being reviewed in relation to where it's being reviewed. However, because not many european studios make games the favoritism is really blatant and obvious in these cases. They're just excited to see their region produce a 'big name' game.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
While its not impossible that Mercury Steam or Konami could have paid for good reviews (as much as any other game studio or publisher could), it's MUCH more likely that its just 'home team advantage'. By this I mean they possibly scored the game higher due to pride in fellow europeans.
This is a stupid argument. There's absolute no proof of a "home team advantage" nor a reason for it. If there is, show it to me.
There are thinns like differences in taste, according to sales american players like shooters and gore more than europeans and more than japanese, that is a more likely reason to the sudden shift in scores, that european players are more receptive at the tone and intention of the game than americans because of their preferences.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6521 on: February 17, 2014, 08:27:24 AM »
Well my curiosity lead me to having everything in the game spoiled for me (and when I mean everything I mean EVERYTHING) but despite all that, I still wanna play it anyway.

Even though I know American publications are gonna murder this game at this point, I'll just ignore them and see how "bad" it is for myself.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
lmao the game is gonna be released in like a week and a half dude, you really couldnt help yourself to avoid spoilers until then? u should practice stronger restraint my friend

unless youre not intending to buy the game at all then spoil yourself all the way. but its like reading the entire script and watching the leaked ending for Avengers 2 not 24 hours before it's released in theaters even after you already bought a ticket.. why even do it to yourself it just ruins the whole experience lol

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6523 on: February 17, 2014, 08:47:03 AM »
Well my curiosity lead me to having everything in the game spoiled for me (and when I mean everything I mean EVERYTHING) but despite all that, I still wanna play it anyway.

Even though I know American publications are gonna murder this game at this point, I'll just ignore them and see how "bad" it is for myself.

Would you mind directing me to where your curiosity led you, so I too can spoil everything for myself?  ;D You can PM me if you want.
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #6524 on: February 17, 2014, 09:21:44 AM »

Do you think American publications are going to murder the game because of something you got spoiled for you?