Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406190 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6525 on: February 17, 2014, 09:32:04 AM »
Do you think American publications are going to murder the game because of something you got spoiled for you?

No not that.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6526 on: February 17, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »
No not that.

All I want to know is:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
In case this wasn't mentioned before, here's an extended preview for LoS2 from the French reviewer Jeux Video.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00018721-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-preview.htm

I didn't feel like translating the entire article, so here are the section titles and the conclusion:

- A game under influences
Highlights common ground with DMC, SoTC, Bayonetta, and GoW.

- Kratos' Shadow
Highlights storyline and aesthetic similarities to GoW (not gameplay)

- Two Worlds for the price of one
The game switches between two distinct game worlds. Fully 3D with free camera, partially explorable environments.

- A dynamic gameplay
Gameplay is pretty diverse, switching between dynamic combat, puzzle segments, and platforming sequences. Character customizable with interesting weapons and competences. QTEs can be removed. Blocking, Chaos, Void, etc.

- A complete and upgradeable inventory
(Nothing we don't already know)

- An adventure full of surprises

Conclusion:
A true melting pot borrowing with varying success from many influences and inspirations, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 seems to have taken cues from all sides in order to garner the largest audience possible. And if its protagonist has been somewhat denatured as a result, most player types will be able to find elements compatible with their affinities. While suffering from an uneven aesthetic, this adventure nevertheless manages to offer a strong and well-studied gameplay, as well as a solid game length. Full opinion coming in the review.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
In case this wasn't mentioned before, here's an extended preview for LoS2 from the French reviewer Jeux Video.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00018721-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-preview.htm
Oh yeah, that preview was awful. I can't wait to see what they'll cook up for the real test.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6529 on: February 17, 2014, 10:25:19 AM »
All I want to know is:

(click to show/hide)

I haven't seen it go down but going on the info the answer is:
(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Oh yeah, that preview was awful. I can't wait to see what they'll cook up for the real test.

I can't read French. Was the preview written awfully? The feedback sounded pretty good to me.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:32:29 AM by e105beta »

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Where did you get everything spoiled Kingshango?

Also what are the other Titans? Leviathan, giant Mech?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Where did you get everything spoiled Kingshango?

Also what are the other Titans? Leviathan, giant Mech?

Basically plot spoilers and what the Leviathan is, nothing on the other titans.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Basically plot spoilers and what the Leviathan is, nothing on the other titans.

Enlighten us.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I was gonna just PM it to you guys but fuck it I'll just spoil tag it, basically read it if you wanna get spoiled:

(click to show/hide)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I was gonna just PM it to you guys but fuck it I'll just spoil tag it, basically read it if you wanna get spoiled:

(click to show/hide)
I guess the whole "open ended" thing wasn't bullshit. Damn.

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Ugh, all but one of those was extremely obvious...but that one...I shouldn't have clicked.

I'll see you guys Friday after next. I'm not at critical mass yet, but I don't want to spoil any more for myself.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:33:29 PM by e105beta »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

(click to show/hide)

That second spoiler is extremely disappointing to read. What the hell Mercury Steam.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:47:37 PM by OSM »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
That second spoiler is extremely disappointing to read. What the hell Mercury Steam.

Yup that's the one.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:50:08 PM by e105beta »