Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406065 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Nano Breaker is a masterpiece, though ;_;

Everything comes full circle

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Lol castlevania city.

How lazy and generic can you get?

Come on now MS, we all know you can be more creative than that.

I agree with the notion that it was probably something used as a placeholder in the original concept that for whatever reason they decided to keep in the end.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Im out on a loop, what are we arguing about again?

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Im out on a loop, what are we arguing about again?

No arguments here.

Some are saying how generic and lazy the "Castlevania City" name is while others are saying how much they don't mind or like it.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Whether or not the name "Castlevania City" is a dumb name for the city in LoS2. It's been discoevered to be the name Mercury Steam used for it.

Hint: It is dumb.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
No arguments here.

Some are saying how generic and lazy the "Castlevania City" name is while others are saying how much they don't mind or like it.

Oh, well carry on then.

It's a lame name btw.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
THANK YOU! I was about to say that, and that's evident from the very first game. There's never a problem with the game, every decision was the right decision for them or they don't have a problem with any polemic decision.

Don't speak for me that way. or I can say the same thing for some people and IGA, to whom he is infallible and is the patron saint of Castlevania. Do you really want to start that all over again?

I acknowledge that the LoS series isn't for everyone, and that LoS1 and MoF have their issues, which while they didn't bother me, I can see as issues.

it all boils down to that argument we love, "what makes a castlevania game".

My list is relatively simple. Toss me Belmonts, Dracula, a giant improbable Castle, monsters, and I'm content to give leeway on the direction. I'm also very open to seeing different people do different takes on the franchise.

Art is relatively important too, which is a big factor in my dislike of DoS and PoR. LoS meanwhile, most people agree has a pretty good art style to it. Judgement for example, has an unforgivable artstyle and character redesigns. (although some of them are better than others. Shanoa and Trevor Beltmont are ok with me, while Sephiroth Alucard is plain and boring, and Simon Yagami is disgusting. As is Maria Renard.)

LoS1 had enough nods and throwbacks to older CV games to make me happy. MoF I have yet to play for myself, but has great Castlevania atmosphere.

and LoS2, from screenshots ive seen, has the same atmosphere, even in the modern day city. the gameplay seems smooth and responsive, much improved over LoS1, and well, I haven't actually played it yet so I can't really judge beyond "LoS1 and MoF were ok with me so this probably will be too"
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Are we really arguing about the name? Can we discuss how awesome the paladin scene was? Please.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Are we really arguing about the name? Can we discuss how awesome the paladin scene was? Please.

read my above post, there aren't any arguments here, so far this thread has been pretty tame, people have voiced their dislike of the name (such as myself) while others have said they do not mind it.

What thread are we reading here where there are actually people arguing over the name?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
THANK YOU! I was about to say that, and that's evident from the very first game. There's never a problem with the game, every decision was the right decision for them or they don't have a problem with any polemic decision.

Add Ahasverus too, even though he have some breakdowns sometimes.

And why is that a bad thing?

I know you have no issue with someone not liking the game in its entirety, so why do you have an issue with someone liking the game in its entirety?

I really like the soundtrack.

I don't have an issue with the name "Castlevania City". It's a name, just like "New York City". Wow, how creative is that? It's the big city in New York. Couldn't they have called it Liberty City? Geez.

And if you were paying attention, I was actually quite wary about the stealth at first. It sounded bad, but I don't have any real beef with the stealth that I saw in the German preview. That could change, but as of right now, while not impressive, isn't all that bad, IMO

Am I not allowed to be honest? Just because you might see some irreconcilable flaws with the games doesn't mean I have to have them.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Well in a attempt to stir thing along, for my latin dungeon brehs, what was Drac and the Paladin chanting?

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
fences and trees were still standing after dracula blew everything up

what are those fences made of

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
read my above post, there aren't any arguments here, so far this thread has been pretty tame, people have voiced their dislike of the name (such as myself) while others have said they do not mind it.

What thread are we reading here where there are actually people arguing over the name?

Youre right. So Carmilla narrates the intro?

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Now there is a argument brewing over those who supposedly love every aspect of Lords of Shadow being called out for it. :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Now there is a argument brewing over those who supposedly love every aspect of Lords of Shadow being called out for it. :P

I'm just here, giving my opinions, but I guess some people aren't ok with that.

It's always safer to criticize than commend, I guess.

anything