Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406074 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I'm just here, giving my opinions, but I guess some people aren't ok with that.

It's always safer to criticize than commend, I guess.

Hey, more power to ya man.

I don't mind people stating their opinions myself, so long as I'm able to give mine as well without having rocks thrown at me. :'(

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Hey, more power to ya man.

I don't mind people stating their opinions myself, so long as I'm able to give mine as well without having rocks thrown at me. :'(

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Don't speak for me that way. or I can say the same thing for some people and IGA, to whom he is infallible and is the patron saint of Castlevania. Do you really want to start that all over again?

I acknowledge that the LoS series isn't for everyone, and that LoS1 and MoF have their issues, which while they didn't bother me, I can see as issues.

it all boils down to that argument we love, "what makes a castlevania game".

My list is relatively simple. Toss me Belmonts, Dracula, a giant improbable Castle, monsters, and I'm content to give leeway on the direction. I'm also very open to seeing different people do different takes on the franchise.

Art is relatively important too, which is a big factor in my dislike of DoS and PoR. LoS meanwhile, most people agree has a pretty good art style to it. Judgement for example, has an unforgivable artstyle and character redesigns. (although some of them are better than others. Shanoa and Trevor Beltmont are ok with me, while Sephiroth Alucard is plain and boring, and Simon Yagami is disgusting. As is Maria Renard.)

LoS1 had enough nods and throwbacks to older CV games to make me happy. MoF I have yet to play for myself, but has great Castlevania atmosphere.

and LoS2, from screenshots ive seen, has the same atmosphere, even in the modern day city. the gameplay seems smooth and responsive, much improved over LoS1, and well, I haven't actually played it yet so I can't really judge beyond "LoS1 and MoF were ok with me so this probably will be too"
Don't take it too seriously. It was just a fun observation.

I don't really have a problem with you guys always sounding so positive, it makes things equal.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
THANK YOU! I was about to say that, and that's evident from the very first game. There's never a problem with the game, every decision was the right decision for them or they don't have a problem with any polemic decision.

They're not problems. They're "features" :P
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
They're not problems. They're "features" :P

It's true.  ;)

EDIT: In the interest of keeping actual conversation going, I actually really liked the whole Paladin fight & end scene. Don't know why that one preview said it was so weird.

Probably too "oogah boogah religion" for them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:10:25 PM by e105beta »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

shes not fat, shes healthy
shes not "out of shape" either, last time i checked, round is a shape

i wonder what the chances are of los2 breaking los1's record of best selling castlevania game. honestly i dont think it's gonna happen

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

i wonder what the chances are of los2 breaking los1's record of best selling castlevania game. honestly i dont think it's gonna happen

Learn to "Subjective" dude.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Definitely won't happen.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
WHERE MUH LEAKS

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
why so serious, EstebanT?

im obviously joking. these new members lately need to chill out, after all, i earned the "Trollmeister" award for a reason  ;)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
why so serious, EstebanT?

im obviously joking. these new members lately need to chill out, after all, i earned the "Trollmeister" award for a reason  ;)

Lol. You got me.
Im just so tired of the shit lords of shadow is getting from fans and reviewers. I was actually pretty excited about the new paladin scene and I expected a circlejerk. Came to find a bunch of people whining about how bad the name "castlevania city" is...
THAT SCENE WAS AWESOME. ANYONE?!?!?

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
As for the Paladin-Dracula fight, it is interesting. Reminds me a little the one against Gabriel and Brauner, from the first game. But here, the video guy needs to block more often :P...

And, will be more SoTN quotes along the game? In the first minutes I remember the "What is a man..." and now the "Die monster...". I think that to this point we all know that the game have the Castlevania game in its name. Is really necessary that quotes from SoTN???
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:02:12 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
That Paladin fight was cool, but man he should have used the chaos claws sooner.

Wish we could have seen more of that story recap before the video cut off.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Lol. You got me.
Im just so tired of the shit lords of shadow is getting from fans and reviewers. I was actually pretty excited about the new paladin scene and I expected a circlejerk. Came to find a bunch of people whining about how bad the name "castlevania city" is...
THAT SCENE WAS AWESOME. ANYONE?!?!?

I thought it was awesome, and I was all hyped for the recap WHEN IT CUT OFF.

ARGHHHH!

Though, that guy sucked. Like, hard. When he started trading hits with the paladin, I was sighing in frustration. What is this, Hajime no Ippo? Why is everyone who gets to play these games early bad?

And, will be more SoTN quotes along the game? In the first minutes I remember the "What is a man..." and now the "Die monster...". I think that to this point we all know that the game have the Castlevania game in its name. Is really necessary that quotes from SoTN???

It's probably just the developers having a little fun.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I think they deliberately didn't show Alucard putting Gabriel to sleep to let a window for future "prequel to LoS2" games which can retconn taht part saying "Alucard put him in sleep.. 50 years before Lords of Shadow 2, in the meantime there was this Belmont that..."

Everything comes full circle

anything