Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406249 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I just think it's hilarious. But I guess if you can't say Castlevania City without a straight face you're just hating.
I can't lol It's cringe worthy. But still, we're whiny haha.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Castlevania City sounds a bit strange, but I think that's okay. Not good, not bad.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Castlevania City sounds like something I'd expect from Captain N.

Offline ryatwo

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Not to berate the current conversation, but isn't it a bit much to go on for 4 pages worth of discussion just for the name of a city? Personally I don't see much harm in the name, but I guess it is a bit silly. I guess that shows how much of an info dump we need right now, eh?

So I wanted to say something about the previous spoilers from before but couldn't because of board registration issues. Here they are:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6664 on: February 19, 2014, 06:58:09 AM »
+2
It's official, the dungeon has lost it's mind.

Next there's gonna go back and forth about how cucumbers taste better than a pickle. :rollseyes:

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6665 on: February 19, 2014, 07:14:02 AM »
It's official, the dungeon has lost it's mind.

Next there's gonna go back and forth about how cucumbers taste better than a pickle. :rollseyes:

WOAH WOAH WOAH.

There is no way in HELL that cucumbers taste better than pickles.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Castlevania City sounds like something I'd expect from Captain N.

^^^ This. It sounds like something you'd see in an 80s adaptation of the series. The name "Castlevania" itself is very much a product of the 80s(it was coined then as the Western title to the Akumajo Dracula series, which is why it's ripe with that old 80s feel). That's good to keep the title as a sense of familiarity, but that's probably the most that should be done with it. It's almost pulling in the memories of The Simpsons how Bart's are saying, "This is the part when Die Hard does this....", calling all the main characters of movies by the movie titles(which oddly enough, back then during the 80s and early 90s, I knew people like that). Now, you don't see that as much.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.

^^^ SOOOOO much THIS!!!!  ;)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Not to berate the current conversation, but isn't it a bit much to go on for 4 pages worth of discussion just for the name of a city? Personally I don't see much harm in the name, but I guess it is a bit silly. I guess that shows how much of an info dump we need right now, eh?

It was worth it.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6668 on: February 19, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

Damn straight, pickles are the truth, cucumbers get tossed out on sight.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
About the name of the city and how horribly cheesy it is, it depends on the feel of the setting. When you're a hard-rockin', cheesy, over-the-top game like Guilty Gear, you can get away with someone being named Bedman. However, seeing as the LoS trilogy is more dark and srsbsnss, not many people would be okay with Castlevania City. Note that I said "not many".
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:34:16 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Imagine if it was named Dracula City.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6672 on: February 19, 2014, 09:33:23 AM »
Maybe I've been desensitized due to too much internet exposure but that "family meal" scene is not nearly as vile as those journalist's made it out to be.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Imagine if it was named Dracula City.

In the Japanese dub it will KYASSURUVANIA SHI TY

anything