Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406043 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i will say this, an original metroidvania in the style of order of Ecclesia with the graphics of MoF would be awesome and just what the 3DS needs

altho i DO miss my beloved hand-drawn sprites

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Because I've seen the majority of people who complain about the LoS series, and the majority are people who whine about Konami making LoS and "why can't we just get more metroidvanias"

Lol not true, not trying to pick a fight but I have seen just as many "retro CV fans" display their dislike for CVLOS as well.

Its not all "IGA fans" since many of us also liked the classic series well before IGA had his crack at it.

IGA is the scapegoat around here that people use, IGA was getting shitted on well before LOS even was mentioned, its not as rosy for IGA around this board as some like to point out.

IGA is just used here because he had the series beforehand and when some LOS fans see hate being thrown at the LOS series they immediately go to "you must be a IGA fan" since he was making the kind of CVs that where being put out before LOS, I've seen this on this board as well as others including youtube.

When In all likelyhood it could very well be someone who preferred the classics just as much as the metroidvanias, hence making the whole "IGA retaliation mode" that some LOS fans like to go into mute really.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:55:32 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Castlevania being the name of Dracula's castle is some bizarre addition made by the localization team. I guess it's fine that they follow the English versions of the game in this case, but it's already stupid to use it as a name to begin with. Also, why would a Romanian city use a name that's half English, half Romanian?

Actually it would be half English half Latin. It's a silly name either way.
"Stuff and things."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Actually it would be half English half Latin. It's a silly name either way.

If the name was simply "Castelvania" (swapping E and L), it'd be a correct romanization (haha, romanization), as "Castelul" is one word for "Castle" in romanian, and it'd form a cute contraction.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:21:17 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Lol not true, not trying to pick a fight but I have seen just as many "retro CV fans" display their dislike for CVLOS as well.

Its not all "IGA fans" since many of us also liked the classic series well before IGA had his crack at it.

IGA is the scapegoat around here that people use, IGA was getting shitted on well before LOS even was mentioned, its not as rosy for IGA around this board as some like to point out.

IGA is just used here because he had the series beforehand and when some LOS fans see hate being thrown at the LOS series they immediately go to "you must be a IGA fan" since he was making the kind of CVs that where being put out before LOS, I've seen this on this board as well as others including youtube.

When In all likelyhood it could very well be someone who preferred the classics just as much as the metroidvanias, hence making the whole "IGA retaliation mode" that some LOS fans like to go into mute really.

You must be an IGA fan.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
You must be an IGA fan.

I like IGA, but I can find and point out flaws in many of his games.

I'm not blind to his failures.

I certainly like him better than Cox and co, mostly because he had more enthusiasm for the CV series.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
on teh contrtary! New York City (my hometown) rolls off the tongue just beautifully. "Pennsylvania City," however, does not & just sounds derpy, likewise, Castlevania City. Wygol City wouldve been the best option for loS2, only because they already gave us Wygol Village in the first game, and thousands of years later when los2 takes place, it just became Wygol City. but this just my opinion on the matter, but lets move on..

despite popular belief, Flame is NOT an "IGA-hater." in fact, some of his favorite games have been produced by IGA. Aria of Sorrow is the game that got Flame enthusiased with Castlevania again. fLame believes that at his best, IGA gives us AoS and OoE. at his worst however, we get copypasta like PoR and Harmony of Despair. its kinda like a tough love scenario; je seems like he berates IGA but it comes from a place of love; if he didnt like or hated him then he would just pay all the games produced by him no mind, and troll on anyone that even mentions a metroivania. if IGA made gestures to give Flame a peck on the cheek (or elsewhere), Flame wouldnt automatically say no, cuz he believes such an encounter will make for an intruiging and quirky story to tell us, because he genuinely cares. someone that has hatred for IGA wouldnt do that.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I wonder if IGA likes better, cucumbers or pickles?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:33:33 PM by Kingshango »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
fLame believes that at his best, IGA gives us AoS and OoE. at his worst however, we get copypasta like PoR and Harmony of Despair.

I thought PoR was a good game...

Then again, DoS is also my favorite non-SotN Metroidvania  :-X

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
If the name was simply "Castelvania" (swapping E and L), it'd be a correct romanization (haha, romanization), as "Castelul" is one word for "Castle" in romanian, and it'd form a cute contraction.

One thing I should elaborate better on. "Castlevania" probably means "Castle on the woods" or "Castle on the forest", since "sylvania" comes from "Sylvam" which in fact, as Inccubus put forth, is Latin.

Thus, it's safer to say that it means "Castle in the woods" than "Castle in Transylvania".

And then we have this issue with LoS2 city name... "Castle in the woods City" holy cannoli.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:34:05 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

despite popular belief, Flame is NOT an "IGA-hater."

Might not be directed at me, but I never called him a "IGA-hater".

Although I do find it odd that IGA has to be brought up most of the time when someone has something bad to say about LOS.

I've seen that so much lol.

Like someone will say,

"Lords of Shadow's story really does suck balls!"(which is harsh i know)

But then a LOS fan will swoop in with a,

"But IGA's story is soooo much better right? :rollseyes:"

Its like he has to be brought in at every turn even when people don't even mention the guy when talking about Lords of Shadow.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:35:57 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6716 on: February 19, 2014, 04:48:07 PM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:50:48 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
i will say this, an original metroidvania in the style of order of Ecclesia with the graphics of MoF would be awesome and just what the 3DS needs

altho i DO miss my beloved hand-drawn sprites
Anything to keep 2DVania alive.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I like MoF combos and Platforming, but I want it in SotN and DS formula. Imagine playing SotN with Comboes with different weapons and hanging off ledges and wall jumping but without the slow pace MoF presented.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I though that OoE brings a little combo system, with the two buttons asigned to the weapons (X and Y, I believe). But yes, a 2d CVgame with the cool graphics of MoF would be great... but with the portables´ music, please :)
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"