Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406084 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

despite popular belief, Flame is NOT an "IGA-hater." in fact, some of his favorite games have been produced by IGA. Aria of Sorrow is the game that got Flame enthusiased with Castlevania again. fLame believes that at his best, IGA gives us AoS and OoE. at his worst however, we get copypasta like PoR and Harmony of Despair.
I stand by my stance that AoS is IGA's BEST CV game, and the only one of the Metroidvanias to come close to SotN. In my eyes, it's literally SotN 2.

Also, correction: Aria of Sorrow is the game that got me INTO Castlevania in the first place. And real late too. I must have played it perhaps around the time I joined here, maybe a year earlier. It's in my top 3 favorite CV games, the other two being Bloodlines and SotN, in no particular order[of ecclesia]

its kinda like a tough love scenario; je seems like he berates IGA but it comes from a place of love; if he didnt like or hated him then he would just pay all the games produced by him no mind, and troll on anyone that even mentions a metroivania. if IGA made gestures to give Flame a peck on the cheek (or elsewhere), Flame wouldnt automatically say no, cuz he believes such an encounter will make for an intruiging and quirky story to tell us, because he genuinely cares. someone that has hatred for IGA wouldnt do that.
I appreciate IGA. i wouldn't say i LOVE him, but I can appreciate his role in the franchise. I just feel like he was deeply flawed in his game creation process, and that while sometimes it managed to work, when it DIDN'T work, it was glaring and stood out.

Although I do find it odd that IGA has to be brought up most of the time when someone has something bad to say about LOS.
You said it yourself. He was previously in charge of the series.

But it goes a bit deeper considering he was in charge of it for so long. as Dave Cox calls it, he was "Mr. Castlevania" for years. So obviously, when relating to anything that came out between SoTN and LoS, he is ultimately responsible. Not many franchises have a single person in control and actively pushing forward their specific vision for so long.

Not even Mega Man, despite Inafune being involved since day 1.

The reason I bring him up, is therefore because if I talk about metroidvanias, I'm talking about IGA.

ol not true, not trying to pick a fight but I have seen just as many "retro CV fans" display their dislike for CVLOS as well.
The Metroidvania fans seem to be the most vocal then, because the most common argument I hear is about LoS vs metroidvanias. It drives me nuts.

By the way DarkPrinceAlucard, do you have a larger version of your avatar?

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  I appreciate IGA. i wouldn't say i LOVE him, but I can appreciate his role in the franchise. I just feel like he was deeply flawed in his game creation process, and that while sometimes it managed to work, when it DIDN'T work, it was glaring and stood out.

That happens in LoS too.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Well, Thief just leaked and it comes out the same day as LoS, leaks are coming and unwanted spoilers too. Anytime now. Please be careful.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I hope everything leaks this weekend somehow, I'm officially out of patience.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I hope everything leaks this weekend somehow, I'm officially out of patience.
It most probably will. I hope the spoilers don't spread out.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)

Why the heck is that only in japanese? I bet if this was in english it would shut up almost ever person who says this is a gow rip off why!?

That'll never happen. Because regardless of the inspiration for GoW, LoS1 in practice feels closer to GoW than it does to any of the previous 3D CV games to a lot of people.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:36:49 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
where is the Devil Mask

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
where is the Devil Mask
That's probably how Zobek transforms.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
That Gorgon fight Looks awesome. She can spit fireballs that will burn an area on the ground so that it will be inaccessible for quite som time. She uses her tentacles and also her fists though I wonder if there will be other attacks like a flame breathe, bites or even Medusa heads.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
 DRACULA'S TOMB UNBOXING !!!! Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2: Dracula's Tomb Unboxing

What she said about the artbook? (I dont understand too well the speak english)

Those figurines still looks bad for me, but I like the desing of the steelbook.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:15:43 PM by cerebralbore »

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Wow. Draculas tomb sucks

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2: Dracula's Tomb Unboxing

for those that are too lazy to click the link lol

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2: Dracula's Tomb Unboxing

for those that are too lazy to click the link lol

How can I put a video??

PD: someone that can tell me what she said about the artbook??? Thanks.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
How can I put a video??

PD: someone that can tell me what she said about the artbook??? Thanks.

The artbook only focuses on Lords of Shadow 2, was designed by a British comic book publisher, and can only be obtained in the tomb edition

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
The artbook only focuses on Lords of Shadow 2, was designed by a British comic book publisher, and can only be obtained in the tomb edition

What? only in the tomb edition? no the same of the "Entry level" edition? FUCK.

anything