Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406279 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
What? only in the tomb edition? no the same of the "Entry level" edition? FUCK.

They have to make it worth somebody's while.

Namely mine.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So I've been thinking of going on a completionist playthrough of Lords of Shadow to kill time until LoS2 comes out. Does anyone know the average time it would take to attain 110% (DLCs included)? I was hoping to get that finished before the sequel's release.

And yes, "Dracula's Tomb" looks woefully underwhelming.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The game has arrived to stores. Brace yourselves.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
lol ahasverus treating it like the second coming of Christ, everything will be ok dude

Quote from: Intersection
So I've been thinking of going on a completionist playthrough of Lords of Shadow to kill time until LoS2 comes out. Does anyone know the average time it would take to attain 110% (DLCs included)? I was hoping to get that finished before the sequel's release.

heres wat you do:

- stock up on 2 liter mountain dew and/or any high-sugar energy drink
- dont forget Hostess has brought back twinkies so yuo dont have to worry about losing weight
- shut your cellphone off all day saturday evening, as it'll take you all throughout the night until early sunday morning to finish
- have a clean set of underwear & socks, just in case
- keep your laptop charged and preferabbly have youtube open in you're browser, in case you get stuck at some point you can just look it up easily

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The game has arrived to stores. Brace yourselves.
It's as the saying goes: the only thing you have to fear is fear itself.

heres wat you do:

- stock up on 2 liter mountain dew and/or any high-sugar energy drink
- dont forget Hostess has brought back twinkies so yuo dont have to worry about losing weight
- shut your cellphone off all day saturday evening, as it'll take you all throughout the night until early sunday morning to finish
- have a clean set of underwear & socks, just in case
- keep your laptop charged and preferabbly have youtube open in you're browser, in case you get stuck at some point you can just look it up easily

That sounds brutal.
I had intended to split up the playthrough over a few days -- there's a reason why the game's broken up into chapters. I was only looking to probe the relative difficulty of the trials.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:22:21 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

If you did it before and remeber Gems and Scrolls location and the best way to beat the trials i think it will be like 8 or 10 hours, but if you don`t it will be like 22 hours of game.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2: Dracula's Tomb Unboxing

for those that are too lazy to click the link lol

Woah, what a terrible collector's edition!

And... What the heck is that with the monster hands?
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
If you go to the portfolio pages of Merrcury's illustrations you'll find awesome pics and design. for example, this one http://javieralcalde.carbonmade.com/projects/4708022 has a new Simon one and.. Female Trevor? Perhaps trevor was supposed to be a woman? And I found one with the very first "barbarian" Gabriel design http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/028001-029000/28946/805_large.jpg. Pretty cool!

This one has lots of unseen images, Sypha Belmont! http://danieljimenez.cghub.com/images/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:24:08 PM by Ahasverus »

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
If you go to the portfolio pages of Merrcury's illustrations you'll find awesome pics and design. for example, this one http://javieralcalde.carbonmade.com/projects/4708022 has a new Simon one and.. Female Trevor? Perhaps trevor was supposed to be a woman? And I found one with the very first "barbarian" Gabriel design http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/028001-029000/28946/805_large.jpg. Pretty cool!

This one has lots of unseen images, Sypha Belmont! http://danieljimenez.cghub.com/images/

No no, the barbarian desing isn't Gabriel, he is Tukaram, a playable character of "Blade the Edge of Darkness", the most stunning game of the old Enric Alvarez's studio. Oscar Araujo make the music for this game too, and the art-designers are the same too. So guys, if I were you, I would install this game right now !!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:39:18 PM by cerebralbore »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

reminders me of [Order of Ecclesia]

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Oh ok. He looks like Gabriel :P
I finally found a hi-res image of those bestiary books. Yay. Zobek's drawing FTW.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

from start to finish, knowing what you are doing... 36 hours max

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
blade of darkness is good

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
No no, the barbarian desing isn't Gabriel, he is Tukaram, a playable character of "Blade the Edge of Darkness", the most stunning game of the old Enric Alvarez's studio. Oscar Araujo make the music for this game too, and the art-designers are the same too. So guys, if I were you, I would install this game right now !!

I looked it up from the looks of it this was one of their early works with codemasters. I do not recall codemaster being a good company at all.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

anything