Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406122 times)

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
If people are stupid enough to buy a game and stop playing it because a part is hard or bad designed, it's really sad for them... Can't wait to see what those people would do with real life.  :rollseyes:

Yeah, the same that happend whit the first colossus in LoS1, many people stop to playing... My borther was one of them (foolish).

A unboxing of the tomb's edition with more details:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2: Dracula's Tomb Premium Edition

The figurines are make with plastic... MEH

Zobek, your figurine is still more bad than you. You don't deserve this man, you no!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:39:40 AM by cerebralbore »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Well im watching the Agreus part right now.

Ahasversus source is right, he's no fucking joke, he has the hearing of an Oblivion guard. Step on the leaves for even three seconds and he'll find you and send you back to the beginning. To avoid the leaves you have to hop around stone ledges and quickly turn into mist. There are bells around that you have to hit with a knife to distract him from you're current position. However, even if you're far away and on the leaves too long, he'll come running at top speed towards you're location and send you back to the start.

On the bright side, that segment is short but man does it look aggravating to the impatient, I can really see a lot of people rage quitting at this point.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:38:45 AM by Kingshango »

Offline soma555

• Awards
Finally

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Well im watching the Agreus part right now.

Ahasversus source is right, he's no fucking joke, he has the hearing of an Oblivion guard. Step on the leaves for even three seconds and he'll find you and send you back to the beginning. To avoid the leaves you have to hop around stone ledges and quickly turn into mist. There are bells around that you have to hit with a knife to distract him from you're current position. However, even if you're far away and on the leaves too long, he'll come running at top speed towards you're location and send you back to the start.

On the bright side, that segment is short but man does it look aggravating to the impatient, I can really see a lot of people rage quitting at this point.

Yeah, this guy has have to repeat this part many times. Don't know if will be a "trick" to  complete this part.

At least, Agreus will be the first to punish all the pirates who get the leaked version. AGREUS IS THE PUNISHER OF LoS2 MOTHA FUCKERS !!! xDDDDDDD

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
What a timely coincidence. Hello everyone. I have the game (not pirate, early copy) and have played it 9:30 straight hours... until the Agreus part  (that son of a bitch). Ask me everything.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Seems like shitty design. Not surprising.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I've been watching a walkthrough of the game, and apperently Dracula's castle exists in some kind of different dimension. Since travel between Dracula's castle and the present seems possible, could that perhaps mean that...

(click to show/hide)

Offline somasworld

• Awards
GREAT REVIEWS FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pelaaja(Finnish magazine): 9/10

Gamereactor(Swedish mag): 8/10

baziwood 95 / 100

vidoe-games aktuell 81/100

video-gamer (french magazin) 17/20

maniac 85 / 100

gameininformer 6 /10

edge 4/ 10

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
THE hype grows

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)

Not surprising you are complaining. It is non stop on GAF and here. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It is fairly simple. But you already bought it like we all knew you would.

You are basically the same as Rugal at this point.
--

How about before certain people ask for a patch you wait until it is released and everyone gets to try it. Also, who cares if it is hard whether by good or bad design, it is their game, they designed it how they want.

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Actually this is the best designed game I've played recently and I work for a games magazine. The exploration is FUN, I've wasted hours just going around the castle. The controls are simple and the level design is really good. I only have two complaints so far

- The second stealth section. It's hard.
- Fucking Agreus

Stealth is, honestly, overrated. No stealth section lasts more than 5 minutes. Actually there are shorter. Also, it's a lie that there is no escape from them if spotted, you only have to return to a shadow portal (rat portal) and the enemies will lose you.

It's been a great, GREAT game so far, it's like an Assasskns Creed 1/2 leap. The game is also more similar to Symphony of the Night that you think.  That was really downplayed in marketing.

However, Agreus just frustrated me. I wasted 2 hours, mist and everything, nothing.  What a shame. because the lead up to it was great and visually appealing. It just stopped me from my marathoon. I'll try again later, though.

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • There is no vampire in Belgium!!
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

gameininformer 6 /10

Sorry, but, do we actually have a proof that Game Informer gave a 6/10 to LoS2 ?
Because I can't find their review on internet !!  :-X :-X :-X

PS: sorry, I guess it's in their magazine ?!  :-\

Offline somasworld

• Awards
you dont need to read the gameinformer review...look to the other great real reviews....there u can see that this game is really good...

Pelaaja(Finnish magazine): 9/10

Gamereactor(Swedish mag): 8/10

baziwood 95 / 100

vidoe-games aktuell 81/100

video-gamer (french magazin) 17/20

maniac 85 / 100

gameininformer 6 /10

edge 4/ 10

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Not surprising you are complaining. It is non stop on GAF and here. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It is fairly simple. But you already bought it like we all knew you would.

You are basically the same as Rugal at this point.
--

How about before certain people ask for a patch you wait until it is released and everyone gets to try it. Also, who cares if it is hard whether by good or bad design, it is their game, they designed it how they want.

What's wrong with a legit complaint? In fact, every complain I have with this game is a legit bullshit design from the part of the developer. So now we can't say that the game has bad parts then?

The bolded part... this is a fucking ridiculous post. Not everyone will simply suck MS cock because they wanted to put it that way so no one can complain.

Actually this is the best designed game I've played recently and I work for a games magazine. The exploration is FUN, I've wasted hours just going around the castle. The controls are simple and the level design is really good. I only have two complaints so far

- The second stealth section. It's hard.
- Fucking Agreus

Stealth is, honestly, overrated. No stealth section lasts more than 5 minutes. Actually there are shorter. Also, it's a lie that there is no escape from them if spotted, you only have to return to a shadow portal (rat portal) and the enemies will lose you.

It's been a great, GREAT game so far, it's like an Assasskns Creed 1/2 leap. The game is also more similar to Symphony of the Night that you think.  That was really downplayed in marketing.

However, Agreus just frustrated me. I wasted 2 hours, mist and everything, nothing.  What a shame. because the lead up to it was great and visually appealing. It just stopped me from my marathoon. I'll try again later, though.
I'm talking about Agreus (and stealth sections in general). It's completely unnecessary mechanic for this game, really. There are lots of better ways for them to change the pace of the game, but they choose one of the worst ones (and they had Kojima there on the first LoS, they could have used his knowlegde about this if they wanted, but nope).

That's why this is bullshit.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:50:10 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
It is bad design. But it IS surprising, contrary to what you said. The rest of the game has been superb.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
It is bad design. But it IS surprising, contrary to what you said. The rest of the game has been superb.

Don't worry he do it for vice  ;)