Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406087 times)

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Oh, remember that Gameinformer (or Edge, I can't remember) complained about how Dracula had time to search for toys for his son while the world was burning? Well, the time freezes when he enters the castle dimension. These reviewers are retarded.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I think he just meant it felt anti-climatic. 

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I think he just meant it felt anti-climatic.
It isn't. The Castle parts are always great and mindblowing. Seriously you don't have idea what is going on but it is so great. And they have cool platfforming! (not ledging platfforming!)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Of course you would say that. You're a character from the game!

But you won't fool me.......

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Of course you would say that. You're a character from the game!

But you won't fool me.......
Well I'm the worst castle part lol

Any questions?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Just because people hate bullshit in their game that would be otherwise decent without it doesn't mean they're suicidal losers. What the hell, Chern?
No, you're misreading my post (maybe it was badly written too). Not talking about suicidal stuff, but hard things in life (like finding a job, raising a family, etc.) -- you can't "quit" those things just because it's hard. Just my 2 cents, I think it's stupid to buy a game 60 euros/dollars and not finishing it...

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
No, you're misreading my post (maybe it was badly written too). Not talking about suicidal stuff, but hard things in life (like finding a job, raising a family, etc.) -- you can't "quit" those things just because it's hard. Just my 2 cents, I think it's stupid to buy a game 60 euros/dollars and not finishing it...
I quited there. I was playing non stop for almost 10 hours. The game was amazing but that part told me "yeah, time to stop". I was having a blast. Sadly it is that bad.

"I can smell your fear" - Get used to those words.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
lol they patched an extremely difficult section towards the end of god of war ascension called "Trials of Archimedes" they had to make it easier because it was too damn hard & people were complaining

so is very possible same thing can happen with los2

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It is bad design. But it IS surprising, contrary to what you said. The rest of the game has been superb.
It's IS not surprising for me, because this developer tends to put lots of bad decisions sections in all their games. LoS 1 is full of them, so it's not surprising that they would do it here again.

It isn't. The Castle parts are always great and mindblowing. Seriously you don't have idea what is going on but it is so great. And they have cool platfforming! (not ledging platfforming!)
Something like 3D Mario games or Alice/Psychonauts/etc then? If the platforming actually includes moving platforms, things that don't require you to press a button to use the chain on it automatically, etc I'll be pretty happy. I haven't seen anything yet that's much different than the first game on the videos.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:39:25 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
It has both, ledging and platfforming, the second is more prominent here than LoS 1 .

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I would not call those stealth section "stealth" they look more like a puzzle where you need to think how to use the environment and abilities to move on....

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
finally got agreus.
I found something interesting.

(click to show/hide)

Edit:
(click to show/hide)

edit2

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:40:14 AM by Agreus »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
theyh shoulda had Dracula turn into a wolf instead of rats

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
theyh shoulda had Dracula turn into a wolf instead of rats
Rats are super fun. Also gotta love the rat music.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
well gather around children, and lets recap the tragic story of gabriel belmont by watching the entire saga in movie format

Castlevania : Lords of Shadow - The Games Movie
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate [HD] - The Movie - [All Cutscenes in 1080p]

anything