Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406083 times)

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
(click to show/hide)

I have no idea what you mean by this, but it sounds awesome. :)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
obviously that will have patches, like all games of the last years. It will correct some things (Agreus has a trick) and new content will be added.

Someone was remembered as Gran Tourismo 5 to start and end? as Skyrim was the beginning and the end?. Many patches passed.

Judge all games or just not to judge anyone.

So Agreus patch confirmed? Or are you saying there's a trick to make Agreus really easy? Either way, for my own sake, I'm glad.

Also, Agreus:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
There is a /method/ that is half luck and half skill. Try to pass ledging behind every box, when you are before the "non box part" make the last bell ring, use mist, go behind the new boxes, then use the new bell, open the door. At this point I was spotted (ugh) but after restarting the door was already open so I ran for my life with the cyclon boots (lol)

and guess who is cannon now
(click to show/hide)

And the chupacabras will go from Please die already to d'awww isnt it adorable like in three lines. Best charaxter in the game lol.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:54:19 AM by Agreus »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
wtf don't pirate the game! the series needs the sales. better try to get it early. I payed a visit to my local store and guess what the will sell it on sunday. guess who will be the frist in line at 9am?

They don't get my money up front any more, plus I've never supported this reboot and I sure as hell won't do it with my hard earned cash.

Furthermore, as I've said before, it's stealing, not piracy.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Nah it's joking. kinda. I love him. Also, contrary to some misconceptios around
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
They don't get my money up front any more, plus I've never supported this reboot and I sure as hell won't do it with my hard earned cash.

Furthermore, as I've said before, it's stealing, not piracy.
Well, fuck you Inccubus. You simply don't deserve playing a game you didn't pay for. Dick.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
What principle? Wanting the franchise to die?

Not supporting things I don't like. But I won't know for sure that I won't like it until I play it. It's no different than if I went and played someone else's copy of it since I'm not going to go to the trouble of buying it and then returning it.
If I like it they get my money later rather than soon which makes no difference to their pockets.
If I don't like they were never going to get my money anyway so it also makes no difference.
"Stuff and things."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
but do you actually want to play the game at all

there's already a demo and etc
and not all that different from lords 1

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
but do you actually want to play the game at all

there's already a demo and etc
and not all that different from lords 1

I like to give things a fair shake, and this demo seems pretty limited. I want to try the final product.
If I like it I'll buy a digital copy, and continue playing the one I already have. If not, I'll just delete it anyway.
Point is Konami isn't actually loosing anything at any point in this process.
It's like that retarded notion in modern business culture that time is money. That's bullshit and disingenuous.

Well, fuck you Inccubus. You simply don't deserve playing a game you didn't pay for. Dick.

Deserving is irrelevant. The reality is it happens all the time and the industry makes plenty of money from people that turn around and decide to buy the games. The people that just steal the game however they can were never going to pay for them in the first place. Anyone who thinks differently is naive.

For the record most of my money goes to independent games that are actually innovative and do something to further the art form instead of milking the masses and fanboys.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:22:15 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Not supporting things I don't like. But I won't know for sure that I won't like it until I play it. It's no different than if I went and played someone else's copy of it since I'm not going to go to the trouble of buying it and then returning it.
If I like it they get my money later rather than soon which makes no difference to their pockets.
If I don't like they were never going to get my money anyway so it also makes no difference.
Weird line of reasoning, most certainly you won't pay for it and you will still enjoy it. Old school legacy games are one thing, no one will bat an eye for you downloading Belmont's revenge or even judgment, their impact is done, but this is a game that is not even released. it's pretty shady and dishonest.

And lol "masses" as if this was a game for the masses.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
No, you're misreading my post (maybe it was badly written too). Not talking about suicidal stuff, but hard things in life (like finding a job, raising a family, etc.) -- you can't "quit" those things just because it's hard. Just my 2 cents, I think it's stupid to buy a game 60 euros/dollars and not finishing it...

But those things really don't compare in the slightest to quiting a fictional video game.

On the one hand quiting one could have long term and series impact on the rest of your life (such as quiting a job for instance) while the other is just a form of entertainment that has no bearing on how you will be able to live through the rest of your life.

I think your going a tad overboard with the defense of LOS2 here, but I do agree that it would be dumb to spend that kind of money and just quit at a part like that, you would essentially be wasting money.

But the difference is that it won't have a longterm impact on your life.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:26:37 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
Joking or not, this is one of the reason's that the series is at this point in the first place.

And where did you come up with that? I think there has been plenty of consensus here that the series is where it is because it got stale to the fan base and Konami decided to go for mass appeal than relying on the core fans that had been supporting it up until Judgement.

Weird line of reasoning, most certainly you won't pay for it and you will still enjoy it. Old school legacy games are one thing, no one will bat an eye for you downloading Belmont's revenge or even judgment, their impact is done, but this is a game that is not even released. it's pretty shady and dishonest.

And lol "masses" as if this was a game for the masses.

Nothing wierd about it. And you're assuming enjoyment. Nothing shady about it. This isn't a back alley deal. I'm being completely open about my intentions. Dishonest is downloading it enjoying it and then not buying it.
You know what I find wierd? People listing LoS2 as their favorite CV before they've even played it.

The entire LoS trilogy was designed and stated to be made to appeal to a broader audience. And it has consistently done so by aping aspects of other popular action games. If that isn't an attempt to appeal to the masses (gaming masses are implied) then I don't know what is.
"Stuff and things."

anything