Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406159 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I can't risk myself to be traced and get fired or something worse.
Do you work for Konami or something?

I think you're fine at this point man, too many people have beaten the game already.

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Do you work for Konami or something?

I think you're fine at this point man, too many people have beaten the game already.
I work for a magazine and I already said here the score I will give. As scores are to be divulged since tuesday or so I could be traced and that would be unfortunate. There was a NDA that I jumped over to be here, I've always lurked this forum and I started to see some negativity. My expectations were lowerded too. But this game is worthy of my praise, as a fan. This game will be enjoyed most by fans, forget the general public, they will be confused as fuck while the fans would be like "woah, this is how I envisioned this on my head" and so.

This is not hyperbole, this game is not only similar to Symphony of the Night, it's probably the NEW Symphony of the Night. If it's not well regarded now, be sure history will be kind with it.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Fans of what? Castlevania or Lords of Shadow?

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Fans of what? Castlevania or Lords of Shadow?
Both. This game could be part of the original canon and no one would bat an eye. Change Marie with Lisa and done. It's obvious that Victor was supposed to be called Julius. They are too similar, powers and all.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:09:22 PM by Agreus »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
This is not hyperbole, this game is not only similar to Symphony of the Night, it's probably the NEW Symphony of the Night.

that is a bold statement my friend. the general consensus is that symphony is pretty much lightning in a bottle, however, when i own the game tuesday i will make a concrete decision not jsut fot me but for ALL castlevania fans on the planet

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
that is a bold statement my friend. the general consensus is that symphony is pretty much lightning in a bottle, however, when i own the game tuesday i will make a concrete decision not jsut fot me but for ALL castlevania fans on the planet
Don't get me wrong. This won't be a /timeless/ masterpiece like SOTN, and has flaws, but it's as bold as Symphony was. it will be imitated and a reference for all new 3D Castlevanias. Not to mention it's a Metroivania too, pure and simple.

It's, the first successful 3D metroidvania. That's quite a feat.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
This is not hyperbole, this game is not only similar to Symphony of the Night, it's probably the NEW Symphony of the Night.
Both. This game could be part of the original canon and no one would bat an eye. Change Marie with Lisa and done. It's obvious that Victor was supposed to be called Julius. They are too similar, powers and all.
Don't get me wrong. This won't be a /timeless/ masterpiece like SOTN, and has flaws, but it's as bold as Symphony was. it will be imitated and a reference for all new 3D Castlevanias. Not to mention it's a Metroivania too, pure and simple.

It's, the first successful 3D metroidvania. That's quite a feat.

Dude... I lost count on how many limbs you went off there...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:01:54 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Hey OSM

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Hey OSM

(click to show/hide)
Aw shit where did you see it? That one guy just uploaded a new video but he's nowhere near the end.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
ban everyone not using spoiler tags

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Aw shit where did you see it? That one guy just uploaded a new video but he's nowhere near the end.

Livestream on Twitch.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

nvm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:11:34 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
nvm
Warp room.  Then kill the 2 monsters there at the front, then go down the alley. I was stuck but I didn't remember there was an alternate alley under the "billboards" you came from.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Still Waiting the final 24 hours, Mostly Spoiler Free. I have trained my patience well...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

anything