Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406034 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
@Agreus

so are you unlocking achievements left & right or what

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
@Agreus

so are you unlocking achievements left & right or what
Nah I'm not a cheevos guy. I have some, like 12,  few for a finished games. Achievements seem to be hard to get.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)
I told you. It's perfect

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I told you. It's perfect

Sure beats the first games finale setting.

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Hello first post here. ;D

I got the game yesterday, I purchased it for reviewing it on the website where I work (because Konami's PR never replied my email, so yay! no NDA  8)...whatever)

Anyways, after almost 8 hours of playing it, it has some strange feeling like a 3D SOTN. Most of the problems that LOS1 had has been fixed. It has some difficult spikes here and there and definitely if you want challenging boss battles, don't play it on easy or normal.

BTW, the map SUCKS, it's pretty ambiguous about where to go and showing your exact location. The combos on the whip are pretty much the same as LOS1 but now you need to use each one of them in order to level up your weapon.

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I thought the map is ok. White for parts on your level, black for things over and under you. Reminds me of Saints Row's.

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I thought the map is ok. White for parts on your level, black for things over and under you. Reminds me of Saints Row's.

The map On screen is ok, the map on the Traveler's guide is not that good imo, you cannot zoom on it and its a problem where the place is too big and so.

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I never needed it to be honest. I only marked the warp room and went from there. Got lost once though. Pretty big map.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
After all of what I've seen of this game, I want whatever drugs GI and Edge were sniffin cause I didn't see a 6 nor a 4 out of this game.

The game is a solid 7 at the least, an 8 or 8.5 at the most. The stealth segments and hokey script prevent it from being 9 status however but it's a better game than the first one. Day one locked solid.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:16:05 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Man.

I have no idea what's next for this series after seeing the ending.

A little part of me is going to miss Mercury Steam working on Castlevania though. It's been a really interesting ride, and I loved all the time we spent speculating over things.

Out of all the weird reboots for franchises I've seen, Lords of Shadow is probably one of the weirdest and craziest ones yet, but it's a positive feeling more so than a negative one.

They weren't afraid to do new things, and while the gameplay had nothing to do with what I loved about the Castlevania franchise in the first place, it was nice seeing this reboot all the way through.

They got my money for the first two games already, if I ever can in the near future I will probably pick up LoS2 as well.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:22:09 PM by OSM »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Slept 8 hours. Woke up. 8 pages of spoilers.

Man, temptation... But I only have a few days to wait, so that's cool.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Slept 8 hours. Woke up. 8 pages of spoilers.

Man, temptation... But I only have a few days to wait, so that's cool.

Trust me, avoid this thread and other threads on the net and go in blind, it'll be so much sweeter.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Trust me, avoid this thread and other threads on the net and go in blind, it'll be so much sweeter.
My plan. I already stopped checking the Wiki, even if I'm an admin LOL.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
After all of what I've seen of this game, I want whatever drugs GI and Edge were sniffin cause I didn't see a 6 nor a 4 out of this game.

The game is a solid 7 at the least, an 8 or 8.5 at the most. The stealth segments and hokey script prevent it from being 9 status however but it's a better game than the first one. Day one locked solid.

It took you that long to say day one locked solid  :P

It's been locked or whatever with me since day one.

For the reviewers here without spoiling it, if you could describe the modern day setting in one word what would it be?

Also I feel like castlevania and shin megami tensei should have a crossover but that's just me.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

anything