Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406134 times)

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
It's the worst. Use bats in the first two bats, walk to the door without using mist, turn into mist just before you touch the door guard light, run to the door and pray for your life.

Thanks! I just got past it.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
About the Backtracking, I (and millions of players) can said that, when is a obligatory bactracking, are a annoying resource to stretch out the game, like in Metal Gear 1, when you have to do it to recover the fucking sniper rifle; seriusly, there are someone who this kind of things likes fun?? REALLY???!!
Backtracking can be fun if they don't try to bog you down while doing so. In SotN, let's use this as an example, it doesn't take you long to backtrack in certain areas because either you know how to avoid the enemies/are familiar enough to take safe routes, or you are at a level/have enough abilities to make any obsticle a breeze. For example, you can backslide, double jump over enemies in your way, and might be strong enough to dispatch most with a single hit. That makes backtracking easier to swallow.

Now, when fighting is a chore(enemies are tanks), and sometimes you get locked into rooms where you have to clear them just to procede, that's where I'd find annoyance while backtracking. And this isn't just on the LoS series, as IGA did this in LoI and CoD too. To put that in an equivalent of JRPGs, that's like playing a game where the random encounters are high and running into monster after monster with each step WHILE retreading areas you already explored. Basically, backtracking's only as good as the developers allow you to have fun while doing it.

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Right before the second acolyte, Trevor led me into a room with lightning and statues. What do I do there?

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Now, when fighting is a chore(enemies are tanks), and sometimes you get locked into rooms where you have to clear them just to procede, that's where I'd find annoyance while backtracking. And this isn't just on the LoS series, as IGA did this in LoI and CoD too.
I don't remember that being the case at all. I remember LOI, COD,LOS, and MOF making you clear rooms only the first time, when backtracking you can totally skip.

Offline Hagathrom

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Would anyone be against a thread discussing our final thoughts on the LoS saga as a whole?

I think that this would be a grand idea. As I can see the standard for future Castlevania Titles being that if its not up to the expectations of titles like Lament of Innocence, SOTN , or MS's Dracula The Lords of Shadow Trilogy its doomed to failure.

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Has there been a list of optional bosses yet? I mean, if this is to be a genuine Metroidvania, you absolutely need entirely optional areas.
Please show me the optional areas of Arkham Asylum. Let's not start creating false barriers. The optional content is hard to access as those challenges are no joke and not only you need to unlock them by getting really rare kleidos nails but you need to get a certain amount of medals to access the next challenges. I won't do that and I'm sure that will be for super enthusiasts only.

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Right before the second acolyte, Trevor led me into a room with lightning and statues. What do I do there?
Nothing. Return to the acolyte, then go back there.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I don't remember that being the case at all. I remember LOI, COD,LOS, and MOF making you clear rooms only the first time, when backtracking you can totally skip.
That's not the case at all.

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Nothing. Return to the acolyte, then go back there.

Thanks. Just beat Zobek and this is my last question. Where was Satan summoned?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7119 on: February 23, 2014, 06:48:22 PM »
Thanks. Just beat Zobek and this is my last question. Where was Satan summoned?

I'll fill that in.

Think, If you were summoning Satan, where's the last place anyone would look for you?

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7120 on: February 23, 2014, 07:14:32 PM »
I'll fill that in.

Think, If you were summoning Satan, where's the last place anyone would look for you?

I'm almost at the Cathedral, but there's burning debris in the way.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7121 on: February 23, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »
I'm almost at the Cathedral, but there's burning debris in the way.

Look around for a gate on the right side and use mist, it's really easy to miss.

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #7122 on: February 23, 2014, 07:19:11 PM »
Look around for a gate on the right side and use mist, it's really easy to miss.

Thanks, just found it.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The toy maker. Holy crap, the toy maker section. 11/10 :o

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7124 on: February 23, 2014, 08:32:39 PM »
+1
The toy maker. Holy crap, the toy maker section. 11/10 :o

Charming wasn't it?

anything