Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406538 times)

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Something that I forgot to add that maybe is going to disappoint a lot of you.

(click to show/hide)

:(

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
LOL why? Because they cant, nobody can then? HA

That Mercurysteam arrogance again...

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Something that I forgot to add that maybe is going to disappoint a lot of you.

(click to show/hide)

:(
We knew that. Since long ago. That's not a dissapointment at all.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
if Konami opts out of making anymore 2D games an instead focus solely on big budget triple AAA+ EPIC OR GO HOME WE NEED THAT CALL OF DUTY AUDIENCE MONEY titles, then itll most likely hurt not only the franchise but the company in the long run & eventually put them in the current situation Capcom is in (although it seems they may be slowly regaining their senses with the release of Ducktales y Strider but they still gotta long way 2 go)

am not saiyan big budget CV games are bad in fact is just what the series deserves, its just that they need to keep original castlevania in tact at all costs or else like Zobech says it will become "a mere shadow of its former self" which many would agree is already happening (or has happened for the past few years now). tragic irony or poetic justice? u decide o.o;

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
We knew that. Since long ago. That's not a disappointment at all.

Well sorry sir. That's a disappointment for me then.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
That Mercurysteam arrogance again...
Not MS. Cox still works as an employee of Konami. MS =/= Konami. He might favor MS for undertaking projects, but that are still their own studio, just as Double Helix and Ninaj Theory are their own studios despite working on Capcom games.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Yeah, Mercury is not Cox' studio.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Guys once again my question to those who have played the game:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
if Konami opts out of making anymore 2D games an instead focus solely on big budget triple AAA+ EPIC OR GO HOME WE NEED THAT CALL OF DUTY AUDIENCE MONEY titles, then itll most likely hurt not only the franchise but the company in the long run & eventually put them in the current situation Capcom is in (although it seems they may be slowly regaining their senses with the release of Ducktales y Strider but they still gotta long way 2 go)

am not saiyan big budget CV games are bad in fact is just what the series deserves, its just that they need to keep original castlevania in tact at all costs or else like Zobech says it will become "a mere shadow of its former self" which many would agree is already happening (or has happened for the past few years now). tragic irony or poetic justice? u decide o.o;
There are such things as AAA+ 2D games, you know. Classic Castlevania isn't necessarily synonymous with low budget.

In a way, "Epic or go home" is what we're looking for -- it's keeping the original Castlevanian design intact while pulling all of the modern stops to make an 'epic' contemporary CV that's also true to its name. We want big budget Castlevania -- not a low-priority franchise left on the monetary back-burner.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I agree. Look ar the new strider, that's AAA 2D, or Donkey Kong Returns. I want more of that.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
1) Cox is not the producer of the Castlevania (officially soon) series, the next Castlevania producer will decide , as Cox has done so far ( with the consent of the payer is Konami ) .

2) Cox gives YOUR OPINION not Konami , it's true they are a little big heads to explode LOS saga, but it will happen as the whim try to launch another title.

3) We can not deny that the market for 2D games is now occupied by the " indies " with titles for mobile and steam, Konami like Nintendo does not want to fight for games 2 and 3 euros. There is little profit margin. That runs counter to castlevania . Positive runs 3D/2D Nintendo remains the best-selling long and earnestly console is not a 3D game console ...

4) Will there be more Castlevaniaen 2D ? , 100 %, but only for portable consoles is contemplated .

5) MS manufactures custom games , it's a factory , they are paid to do the game and the marketing benefits and is fully in charge of Konami. You can blame them for an ending that you do not like, the camera , wanted to see catwoman in the game , for many things, but do not blame them for the future of Castlevania , they work to order ..

I have spoken  :-X
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:04:22 AM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I hope you are not leaving us anytime son Bergaron, what would be of us without you?  ;D

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
4) Will there be more Castlevaniaen 2D ? , 100 %, but only for portable consoles is contemplated .
This is all I needed to hear.

Konami please do not ever kill off 2D Castlevania. ;__;

I wonder if the next 2DVania will be a Metroidvania or something new. I would like to see Mercury Steam collaborate on a future title again as the lead art team, a 2D Castlevania with Mercury Steam's designs would be fantastic to see. MoF and LoS2 have really sold me on their excellent art direction.

Heck, I would love to see a 2D re-imagining of Lords of Shadow as a whole. I can only imagine how pretty those sprites would be.

Now a question about LOS2; is this an unused song?

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Demo Soundtrack: The Throne Room

I haven't heard it once in the entire game so far.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:21:25 AM by OSM »

Offline ZiggyAkaStardust

• Awards
Could someone who has completed the game list all the bosses and their various forms you encounter in this game? I would appreciate that very much!

anything