Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406060 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Satan is more of. Vehicle than a character.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7201 on: February 24, 2014, 04:05:58 PM »
+4
Belmont as a main character.

Dracula as the main antagonist, no more origin story bs. Just make him the guy you fight at the end, plain and simple.

Traditional platforming.

Make it less llike God of War, or perferably nothing like God of War.

Make it challenging, yet fair.

Have more traditional Castlevania music, Get Yamane back if possible or someone of equal talent.

Have it set in a castle full of monsters from B horror movies and various mythologies.

Make a new timeline or set it in the old one, doesn't matter either way.

And finally:

Make it 2D, not 2.5D, not 2 half and 1/4 quarters, 2motherfuckinD.

BAM, there's you're Castlevania.

P.S: make it a Classicvania like Adventure Rebirth, Give the Metroidvania format a rest.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
No and no and no. I won't stand a return to Dracula being a silent villain at the end.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Totally agree with you, @Kinshango. Castlevania deserves a return to its roots.

To this far, and after spoiled myself almost everything, and after seen a few videos, and after all these years of LoS lore, I prefer to consider this saga as a spinoff of Castlevania, because you play as the main antagonist of it: Dracula. I want to play as a true blooded Belmont (not a Cronqvist bastard).

And I do not consider LoS 2 as a metroidvania, neither a SoTN 2.0. To me, metroidvania belongs to 2D, like Super Metroid or SoTN. Calling Darksiders and Arkham games metroidvanias is strange for me... And if LoS 2 is a SoTN 2.0 in terms of great sales, yes, is a SoTN 2.0...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I just want something with good gameplay... is it too much to ask?

If I see a fucking "platforming" section in Castlevania ever again...

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7205 on: February 24, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »
Well I knew my suggestion's wouldn't please everybody but it is what it is. Sorry Ahaversus.

Anyway, some trivia regarding the ending from the leak guy and how it was originally gonna end:

(click to show/hide)

Oh and
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:58:10 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
That orignal ending was ballsy as fuck. But the man deserves a bone. Hi life is too tragic.

What does the leak guy say about Sonia?

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7207 on: February 24, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »
Oh and
(click to show/hide)

Forgive me about these, but Alucard reminds me to this guy:
(click to show/hide)
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
So Ahasverus, there's or not real platforming sections on this game, now that you finished?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7209 on: February 24, 2014, 04:51:26 PM »
Forgive me about these, but Alucard reminds me to this guy:
(click to show/hide)

nearly thew up in my mouth, thanks for reminding me of that game.

Oh and I left out another detail about the ending
(click to show/hide)

What does the leak guy say about Sonia?

He said that Mercurysteam has already moved on, so no(?)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
Well I knew my suggestion's wouldn't please everybody but it is what it is. Sorry Ahaversus.

Anyway, some trivia regarding the ending from the leak guy and how it was originally gonna end:

(click to show/hide)
Now, that is an actually interesting ending. Perhaps tragic, perhaps unforgiving, but so very fitting -- in other words, that is the ending that should have been.
Besides, Dracula's story it isn't meant to be black and white -- and it's definitely not a matter of "deserving a bone", either. This ending simply makes sense in context. The one Konami opted for seems completely at odds with the game's premise.

(click to show/hide)
And this is very worrying...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:27:12 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7211 on: February 24, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »
+1
Belmont as a main character.

Dracula as the main antagonist, no more origin story bs. Just make him the guy you fight at the end, plain and simple.

Traditional platforming.

Make it less llike God of War, or perferably nothing like God of War.

Make it challenging, yet fair.

Have more traditional Castlevania music, Get Yamane back if possible or someone of equal talent.

Have it set in a castle full of monsters from B horror movies and various mythologies.

Make a new timeline or set it in the old one, doesn't matter either way.

And finally:

Make it 2D, not 2.5D, not 2 half and 1/4 quarters, 2motherfuckinD.

BAM, there's you're Castlevania.

P.S: make it a Classicvania like Adventure Rebirth, Give the Metroidvania format a rest.

I agree except for:

2.5D is great. I wouldn't mind that at all.

I don't really see a problem with having similar combat to God of War. I still don't understand the outcry on this one. THough you're asking for 2D gameplay anyway, so it's kind of a moot point either way.

I don't mind the exploration style, just lay off the RPG elements a bit. Lament was perfect in that you gained equipment, not level ups.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7212 on: February 24, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »
The review embargo will be lifted at midnight according to IGN.

What shelter is strong enough for the shitstorm that is to come?

Offline Mike Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I vote for a hack n´slash game, but please, without QTE, even if this can be turned off :P.

And I prefer a 2D sprite game over a 2.5D one, like DXC or MoF, I believe...

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #7214 on: February 24, 2014, 05:31:28 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

I also don't have an issue with 2.5D, as long as it looks great and everything on screen is readable.

I have a feeling whatever form 2D Castlevania takes next, it will be taking some cues from LoS.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:33:45 PM by OSM »

anything