Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406111 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I'd rather them end it here than have 10-15 games in one universe before deciding "Uh-oh, we're running out of spaces in the timeline! Time to reboot!"

well put it this way, if they do decide to go the 10-15 game route which would take a decade or 2, i doubt you or any of us would care cuz we'd be grown-ass adults with children & careers & other important priorities to worry about the direction this series has taken

most likely when we're in our 40's when buying Christmas presents for our kids we'll notice the latest castlevania game in the store & say "hey, i remember being really invested in those games, glad to see its still alive" & move on
as opposed to "ugh i hate the way this series has turned into which is why i have bratty kids & a shit job now i hate my life"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The only thing that I said, is that I dont want a Belmont turning Dracula.
That's ok. I get that. It was a really sensitive change and I can get why some poeple are upset. Whoever I think while in the old cannon that's unthinkable, that's the whole basis for the LoS cannon, and as they're separate, there's really no point for pointing the finger at LoS for things on the original series.
For all past and present post from you, it seems that you want the history of LoS being merged with the old canon (IGA or not IGA).
That's not true. I once said I could see MS using some kind of plot device to reset things merging the new and the old cannon, but I wasn't hoping for that, and of course, that didn't happen.
. I mentioned that I dont remember other situation with a "human feeling" Dracula in the old canon. Then you mentioned that what part of the reboot I don´t get it.
Lamment of Innocence (ugh) SOTN and Portrait of Ruin disagree with you.
And I refer that is a lot to history to tell, because someone here give the information that the ending for LoS 2 is intended for posible sequels...
I personally don't think so. The stakes can't be raised that much, to be honest. At all. Think of it more like the Legacy of Kain: Defiance ending. It was open but conclusive.

Everything comes full circle

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
well put it this way, if they do decide to go the 10-15 game route which would take a decade or 2, i doubt you or any of us would care cuz we'd be grown-ass adults with children & careers & other important priorities to worry about the direction this series has taken

most likely when we're in our 40's when buying Christmas presents for our kids we'll notice the latest castlevania game in the store & say "hey, i remember being really invested in those games, glad to see its still alive" & move on
as opposed to "ugh i hate the way this series has turned into which is why i have bratty kids & a shit job now i hate my life"
My plan is to have said kids be CV fans too. So, I'll be caught up on all the latest CV gossip

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Totally agree. I have to admit that my first impression to the LoS saga where of hate. Mostly the Cox point of view. But, in the time, I learn to see and judge LoS as a game. Its difficult in times, after reading some post here, but in the end, I will always love Castlevania for what is really are for me.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
@Ashasverus:

Sorry again if I was to start a fight. I dont inted to do it.

Sorry too, I need to read that posts... I trust you.

Well, Lament of Innocence have not Dracula in it. But a "human feelings" Mathias  is true. That´s what I like from LoI, because is like in the Francis Ford Coppola movie. I need to play PoR again to remember such a thing.

And I hope that the trilogy is end with LoS 2. For me, is enough with that. A good comparision with LoK Defiance; I love that saga too :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:32:05 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
PC Version of LoS2 gets HD Texture Pack, must be enabled via advanced settings.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
PC Version of LoS2 gets HD Texture Pack, must be enabled via advanced settings.
source?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
You're crazy telling Konami not to make a game featuring Dracula again. Playing as Dracula is awesome. You need ti play the game.

All in all, I'd rather not say Konami what they should do. I had never suggested for then to make a western reboot and now I'm pleased greatly. So, surprise me, Konami.

Edit: Sonia DLC? Say whaaaaat beegaron?  :O
Dracula as hero is done for. There's only so much you can do with him. I'd rather the next incarnation focus on something else(a new interpretation that doesn't star Dracula as the main hero).

No and no and no. I won't stand a return to Dracula being a silent villain at the end.
No one said he'd return to a being a silent villain. Refrain from jumping to conclusions. You really can't go back to the type of storytelling of pre-LoS CVs, so if they'd continue on in a different direction, and a new villainous Dracula returns as the ruler of Wallachia/Transylvania, I'd expect him to be very deep and well written. Just because some one's a villain doesn't mean the can't be well written. I mean, if anything, that would make such a game better, considering the main villain of the LoS(Satan), is hardly well written himself. Satan's kinda what Dracula was in the original canon, just "there" to be twarted.

Leon is every bit as retcon as Gabriel could be, the old series' first Belmont was Trevor, plain and simple (some would Argue Sonia was too) IGA just wanted to feel important. LoS is a reboot, it exists, that's what it is, what you think or not is irrelevant. No and no. Sadly the worst part, happily it lasts 5 minutes max.
Technically, the old series' first Belmont was Christopher, but later changed that to Trevor, then Sonia(retconned), then Leon. And IGA's creation of LoI had little to do with feeling important that trying to explain why, in SotN's manual, it stated Dracula to be an "estimated 800 years old", which would mean he's older than his real world counterpart, Vlad III. Whether IGA was the one who concieved the notion of Dracula to be "over 800" or it was Toru Hagihara(probably most likely), IGA felt it was his job(after becoming the main "Castlevania Guy") to explain why. Personally, I don't think it would've mattered. To think Dracula as being over 800 in the late 1700s kinda makes him more mysterious than usual, and that kind of mystery I can live with NEVER being explained. 

As requested, here's the list of all the bosses in LOS 2.

(click to show/hide)

And thats it.
I don't listed some sub-bosses because after you defeat them, they spawn as normal enemies.
So it looks like there's no hidden bosses, if that's the complete list.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:02:57 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

well 1st off i'm 37 years old played castlevania as a kid and still care about the direction this series has taken.
no way i'm going to act like glad to see its still alive" & move on sure i hate my job and shity life but castlevania is a happy point in my life and will always care where its going.
now after seeing the new game from start to end i say its a great game i like it a lot but it really shits on the old time line at some places witch pisses me off.
but what can you do i still love the new game i just keep the old time line and the new game apart in my mind and its all good:P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
http://store.steampowered.com/app/239250/

Just updated today, in bold letters
Ah ok. I was checking the store page and hadnt seen it lol
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Ah ok. I was checking the store page and hadnt seen it lol
I only noticed it in the steam forums, lol

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
augh, when does the steam version unlock its already 12:30 already

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
No one said he'd return to a being a silent villain. Refrain from jumping to conclusions. You really can't go back to the type of storytelling of pre-LoS CVs, so if they'd continue on in a different direction, and a new villainous Dracula returns as the ruler of Wallachia/Transylvania, I'd expect him to be very deep and well written. Just because some one's a villain doesn't mean the can't be well written. I mean, if anything, that would make such a game better, considering the main villain of the LoS(Satan), is hardly well written himself. Satan's kinda what Dracula was in the original canon, just "there" to be twarted.

IGA also hinted at some possibilities on CV games that had other villains besides Dracula all the time

me myself? i always thought, should they use Dracula as the "protagonist" again in the future, they should set it from Mathias' point of view; a game taking place a century after the events of Lament of Innocence (leave the exact year ambiguous, like they did with OoE). kinda like a reverse-AoS where we have Mathias now known as Vlad Tepes (yet still not infamously known as Dracula) on his quest to conquer the demon realm by collecting souls from demons & vampires alike. which would ultimately lead him to conflict with Galamoth, explaining why he holds a grudge against him. throw in some interesting narrative such as Vlad's struggles to shed all his human emotions & become truly ruthless (only for it all to basically be thrown out the window once he meets Lisa, and we all know how that turns out & what it does to Dracula's psyche), perhaps some ancestor rivalry, etc. this particular setting is ripe with potential imo

or instead, like IGA said, make a game that has Shmeegel Belmont hunting a powerful vampire lord like Olrox or a reimagined Guilles De Rais sometime in the 12th century (again leaving exact year ambiguous) & Dracula will be completely absent (or, just there "behind the scenes")

now THAT i would love to see
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:50:59 PM by crisis »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
me myself? i always thought, should they use Dracula as the "protagonist" again in the future, they should set it from Mathias' point of view; a game taking place a century after the events of Lament of Innocence (leave the exact year ambiguous, like they did with OoE). kinda like a reverse-AoS where we have Mathias now known as Vlad Tepes (yet still not infamously known as Dracula) on his quest to conquer the demon realm by collecting souls from demons & vampires alike. which would ultimately lead him to conflict with Galamoth, explaining why he holds a grudge against him. throw in some interesting narrative such as Vlad's struggles to shed all his human emotions & become truly ruthless (only for it all to basically be thrown out the window once he meets Lisa, and we all know how that turns out & what it does to Dracula's psyche), perhaps some ancestor rivalry, etc. this particular setting is ripe with potential imo

I was never crazy about any Dracula origin story to begin with... But this sounds like a fun idea, if only because being set in a Demon Realm would essentially force developers to come up with some outlandish and freaky locales.

So if anyone sets out to buy LoS2 tomorrow, here are my two questions at this point-

Is the 360 version still two discs?

Can tutorial texts be turned off? (ie, those saying "You can't access this area now, come back later" or "Press R2 to expunge the phalanges" etc etc)

anything