Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406184 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
As annoying as Linus is, why are almost none of his reviews on Metacritic? It'd bump the Metascore at least 10 points

Offline LinusBelmont

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
As annoying as Linus is, why are almost none of his reviews on Metacritic? It'd bump the Metascore at least 10 points

people are being idiotic to mention metacritic, as that doesnt even factor in a mass majority of the reviews, and are mostly highly profitable review sites and not the smaller review sites

im seeing way more good than bad reviews, except most bad reviews seemed to find there way on to metacritic whill the good ones go ignored,

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Well, I got a 7 for my review and I got past Argeus on my third attempt. I don't know why this "expert" reviewers from trusted sites had problems with that section.
But all the reviews, even mine, complain pretty much about the same: The story is a wasted opportunity and the ending is the worst joke in the series after Castlevania Judgment,
(If someone wants to watch my review I can get the link but be aware...it's in Spanish)

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I don't know what game they're playing.  Anything less than5 is broken, a 6 just works, LoS  isn't broken and works very well. I'm living on Planet Bizarro or something?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I don't know what game they're playing.  Anything less than5 is broken, a 6 just works, LoS  isn't broken and works very well. I'm living on Planet Bizarro or something?

Stealth sections man. They didn't make any friends. I guarantee you if they were not in the game there would be a 10-20% score increase across the board.

And in the immortal words of Colin Moriarty:
"It lacks the gothic atmosphere that makes previous games in the series feel distinct and memorable...even the various areas he explores in the past don’t feel or look all that interesting, either" and yet "the world and everything in it is so beautiful. Lords of Shadow 2 is a pretty game"

? ? ? ? ? ?

Or here's a score breakdown from Now Gamer:

Graphics 5.0 / 10
Sound 3.5 / 10
Gameplay 3.5 / 10
Longevity 4.0 / 10
Multiplayer N/A / 10
Overall 4.0 / 10

5/10 for graphics...really? Really?

I don't want to sound like the social justice warrior gamer, but I feel like a lot of reviewers went into this game WANTING to dislike it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:58:18 AM by e105beta »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Not 'mods are asleep', at least not with me.
More like 'I don't want to be spoiled'... but yes, these posts are annoying.  Will remove these and that stupid sink.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Or here's a score breakdown from Now Gamer:
That's pure trolling (or they're IGA fanatics...)

Offline LinusBelmont

• Awards
Stop spamming reviews.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:23:07 AM by Nagumo »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Those nefarious IGA provocateurs!

And come on with the spamming about the reviews. Any one of us can google 'lords of shadow 2 reviews' to get the same info.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
That's pure trolling (or they're IGA fanatics...)

Eh, I've seen so many "bring back IGA!" comments in the comments sections it's just a given that everyone would rather be playing SotN 2.

But seriously, it's like the same thing with the Metro review:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/25/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-review-dracula-sucks-4317289/

What is it with the British and these stupid graphics comments? Did they all go to some party and decide, "Hey guys, we need another point of contention." "Hmm, how about that the graphics suck?" "Sure, that sounds great. Let's put that in our reviews."

I'm not seeing  the complaint come from anywhere else but the UK.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:27:44 AM by e105beta »

Offline LinusBelmont

• Awards
helle to everyone !!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

you wanna see the metracritic-world-scores from Lords of Shadow 2  ?????

here you can see it !!!!! we all love castlevania :) :) :)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68635768?page=4

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
What is it with the British and these stupid graphics comments?

They're not all bad, surely?

Eurogamer does reveal that, 'There are moments of real artistry - few games have splintered marble with such style or lit dripping pipework so indulgently  - and Dracula's castle offers treats like a cathedral spire surrounded by loops of chains, set in the noble darkness of a cave.'

CVG lists ‘gorgeous art design’ as a positive.

Mind, Edge is scathing.  Here's the very review that will probably go down in Castlevania history:
http://www.edge-online.com/review/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-review/

Even more shocking than the unimaginative visual design is how rough it all looks. Running at 720p, but seemingly rendered some way south of that, this is a jagged mess, with texture work that at times wouldn’t look out of place in a PS2 game. It’s compounded by the fact this is arriving at the fag end of a generation, when expectations are that much higher.

Speaking as a Brit myself, I think we can say that's bollocks.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
They're not all bad, surely?

Eurogamer does reveal that, 'There are moments of real artistry - few games have splintered marble with such style or lit dripping pipework so indulgently  - and Dracula's castle offers treats like a cathedral spire surrounded by loops of chains, set in the noble darkness of a cave.'

CVG lists ‘gorgeous art design’ as a positive.

Mind, Edge is scathing.  Here's the very review that will probably go down in Castlevania history:
http://www.edge-online.com/review/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-review/

Speaking as a Brit myself, I think we can say that's bollocks.

Fair enough. I just noticed a trend that all of the graphics comments were coming out of British publications. It's nice to see that it's not an all encompassing opinion.

That Eurogamer review, while I might find the score harsh, was actually very fairly written. As I've said before, from what I'm reading I will most likely adore this game, but I can see where reviewers are taking issue with it.

I just think the 4s and 5s are extraordinarily harsh, given the standards most publications have set for reviews.

EDIT: Honestly, since I know I'm not going to get a Castlevania game with the same level of atmospheric artistry again anyway post-MercurySteam, I just hope this gets enough sales to justify that Victor DLC Bergeron was talking about, since I assume the Alucard DLC is still on the way.

Also, MoF currently has a higher Metascore than this. Wut?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:13:52 AM by e105beta »

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

The spanish gamers are burning the forums of the spanish's magazines. The magazines are losing their credibility and the readers want justice.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Question: Is anyone else from Europe not able to Play this game yet? It's 17:19 here in Germany but I cannot Play LoS yet. WTF?

anything