Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406113 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
The troll is a very ancient creature. It's best not to ask.

"An ancient creature drenched in the blood of the innocent, drifting in space through an endless, shifting maze. For such a creature, death" would be a gift."

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

info for all metroidvania-fans!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

with all these great awesome reviews form Lords of Shadow 2 it is sure that this game will be absolutely successful and

you we will never see a metroidvania again!!!!! i think the metroidvanias was a little bit dated... thats my opinion....   

welcome to the new wonderful castlevania-3D-world :) :) :) ): :) :) ):

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So much stupid in one post. . .

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Yup, the Doctor is in.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline LinusBelmont

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
sorry  ;D ;D ;D that were my 5 minutes of stupidsss hehe
sorryy

:o :o :o

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I think there's some revisionist history going on at some of these places. Now, I don't have a final verdict on LoS2 yet (though I'm not hyped for it), but I find the sudden praise of LoS1 over LoS2 to be shocking. I recall a lot of LoS1 reviews being less positive than reviewers are letting on. Like on IGN, they're saying now that LoS1 was pretty good, and so LoS2 is a letdown. I thought they famously lambasted LoS1? Curious.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I think there's some revisionist history going on at some of these places. Now, I don't have a final verdict on LoS2 yet (though I'm not hyped for it), but I find the sudden praise of LoS1 over LoS2 to be shocking. I recall a lot of LoS1 reviews being less positive than reviewers are letting on. Like on IGN, they're saying now that LoS1 was pretty good, and so LoS2 is a letdown. I thought they famously lambasted LoS1? Curious.

You know, I was thinking the same thing, but Metacritic shows that out of all the reviews, only 9 were "Mixed" so I guess there's that.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7341 on: February 25, 2014, 11:24:29 AM »
Info about the DLC from Gaf, im taging it since it contains some spoilers

(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
ppl flip flop on their opinions all the time, im not surprised

at least a few ppl here at the dungeon are consistent with their tastes (u know who u are)

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
Reviews... I don't give a fuck about them regarding Castlevania.

Are you even going to try playing this game objectively? I know i'm not, because I'm one of those guys playing Castlevania since i was 10 years old, so I've never been objective regarding it from the start until today. It's just about the game "ringing the bell" for you, really. Take the N64 games for example, you know you enjoyed them, you naughty naughty Boy.

So, if you feel your expectations getting eroded by those mediocre, at best, reviews, just think about that.

Two more things:
That Kotaku guy is an ASS, and kotaku rating system is "do play / do not play", literally. Seriously, WTF?.
I Don't know if you guys tried, but I installed the LoS2 demo on both my Xbox and PC and there's a HELL of a difference, and I dont even have a top-spec computer at all, believe me. The game looks SO much more beautiful on the PC, there's no possible comparison, even at low settings.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

info for all metroidvania-fans!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

with all these great awesome reviews form Lords of Shadow 2 it is sure that this game will be absolutely successful and

you we will never see a metroidvania again!!!!! i think the metroidvanias was a little bit dated... thats my opinion....   

welcome to the new wonderful castlevania-3D-world :) :) :) ): :) :) ):

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Linus, be aware, I've seen people banned for lesser offenses. You might want to tread lightly or try to contribute to the discussion like an ordinarily sane, rational person.

About Sonia: Sonia was seriously contemplated, i would like (do not know) that she included in Victor DLC ..
I was contemplating this while driving home from school today...

(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
ppl flip flop on their opinions all the time, im not surprised

at least a few ppl here at the dungeon are consistent with their tastes (u know who u are)

Hope I'm one of them.

Offline Gamermeister

• Hunter in Training
    • Gamermeister Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Can anyone who has the game tell me if there's any day one patches to download?

Fuck reviews! Play video games! :)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Got my copy in today, just filed my taxes and had money to spare so decided to go ahead and preorder it last friday.

But I'm having a bit of bad luck, just got in from work only to find out that no one was at my house to sign for my package, it was delivered to my apartment complex's office instead and they are on break and will not be back for another 2 hours lol.

But I'm pretty sure given the videos I have seen that I am going to have to play my own castlevania music during this game, hence why I purchased it for the Xbox 360. :-X

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
This game is so smooth and pretty oh mah gawd... DAT FRAMERATE DAT CAMERA SMOOTHNESS
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

Guys, looks metacritic, the miracles happend: the players won't jump through hoops with Castlevania LoS2. Up yours hands againts the magazines and the notes !!!!!! ;D

anything