Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406084 times)

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
  • In the shadows, lurks redemption
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
With some reflection, I actually agree with most of what you say beta. Which, of course, hurts the story and knocks the game to a solid 8.3 though. I suppose I just focused so much on Gabriel that I ignored the missed opportunities, poor conclusions, and mistakes like victors handling.

The Golgoths should've been beatable later on. Victor should've killed Gabriel at the end, perhaps with alucard choosing death as well. And Satan should've been the final boss in a truer form.

If I may add though, perhaps have alucard also holding Gabriel down and giving victor time to stake both of them? Gabriel is fighting, but its a neck to neck battle that forces alucard to also die to give both men their freedom.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
With some reflection, I actually agree with most of what you say beta. Which, of course, hurts the story and knocks the game to a solid 8.3 though. I suppose I just focused so much on Gabriel that I ignored the missed opportunities, poor conclusions, and mistakes like victors handling.

The Golgoths should've been beatable later on. Victor should've killed Gabriel at the end, perhaps with alucard choosing death as well. And Satan should've been the final boss in a truer form.

If I may add though, perhaps have alucard also holding Gabriel down and giving victor time to stake both of them? Gabriel is fighting, but its a neck to neck battle that forces alucard to also die to give both men their freedom.

I agree with that. I wish bodybuilder Satan was given an actual fight. While LoS1 Satan had the subtle, "Prince of Lies" feeling to him, LoS2 Satan had this cocksure, arrogant, ruthless, magnificent bastard feeling to him that I would have loved to take on in an actual fight. I mean, he just ripped the 3rd acolyte's face off for no good reason. I wanted to fight that guy!

I also would not object to Alucard getting staked as well at all. Would be a nice conclusion for both of them, leaving Victor as the last Belmont standing.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The plot sounds hilariously awful. Did anyone make a compilation of the cutscenes on Youtube yet? I think I have to see this trainwreck in action. Got some popcorn ready.

Also...

I thought the consensus here was that metacritic and reviews don't matter because reviewers are dumb and biased and only paid to give good scores.

Only used by people when it agrees with them. Only invalid when it doesn't.

If someone is going to defend or shit on a game, they need to use their own words. It's fine to use actual reviews as a reference point for your argument, and maybe even corroboration in some cases, but simply pointing to Metacritic and saying a game is 'awesome' or 'shit' just makes you look like a moron.

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
With dlc beta, we may have Gabriel go to hell. I have a feeling though that the alucard dlc will be the first and last dlc, but I am hoping there is more. I'd just like to have the dragon fight the serpent.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
The plot sounds hilariously awful. Did anyone make a compilation of the cutscenes on Youtube yet? I think I have to see this trainwreck in action. Got some popcorn ready.

Walkthroughs are about as good as it gets right now.

Only used by people when it agrees with them. Only invalid when it doesn't.

If someone is going to defend or shit on a game, they need to use their own words. It's fine to use actual reviews as a reference point for your argument, and maybe even corroboration in some cases, but simply pointing to Metacritic and saying a game is 'awesome' or 'shit' just makes you look like a moron.

I wasn't trying to claim that at all. I was simply using Metacritic as a reference point to show how LoS1 was much more well received outside of the Dungeon than people remember.

With dlc beta, we may have Gabriel go to hell. I have a feeling though that the alucard dlc will be the first and last dlc, but I am hoping there is more. I'd just like to have the dragon fight the serpent.

That would be my last hope for the ending, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see the very end of said DLC if it ever even comes to pass. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, it's never happening.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i would love to see some lords of shadow action figures high quality like the Play Arts Kai figure line

a play arts Kai Dracula or Trevo would look pretty phat dont yuo guys think?

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Gabriel has plenty of material rife for story telling. How about we get the guys who wrote neir to write the next story, while platinum games further polishes the story and environments?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I remember a time where people wanted to see redemption on the ending, while I was one of the few who wanted to not see it. No one got anything in the end, though.

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
You know what Gabriel should've said to the golden paladin, at least once?
"Call your dogs! They can feast on your corpse!" As a little nod to vorador from lok. The game really should've had better references.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Alvarez is the only person who probably thinks his story is 10/10

Why has no one uploaded the Belmont Lineage illustrations yet? :V
i would love to see some lords of shadow action figures high quality like the Play Arts Kai figure line

Would love to see it happen, I would love to own a Simon Belmont or Death statue.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:35:33 PM by OSM »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

As much as I don't really like the LoS series in a whole, the majority of character designs and artwork are fantastic (Simon Belmont not withstanding).

I would totally be down for figures of LoS1 Gabriel, along with some MoF Trevor and Alucard.

Offline Eärendil

• ♪♫ Bucketbot ♪♫
  • Hunter in Training
  • Aiya Eärendil elenion ancalima!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
As one of this game's previous paladins, I'll give it a shot.

That wasn't a mere shot, that was a 16" salvo direct hit. The plot was an enormous disappointment. This combined with the flaws in the design of the city flat out ruined the game. I won't rate it a horrible game. The boss fights, combat and immersive castle environments kept me going. But the story and the last few hours of the game left me so utterly disappointed and scratching my head, I can only think that the person responsible, albeit Alverez, or whoever that had final say on how it unfolded, is a complete jackass. It's a mockery. The story goes straight to hell (and not in a good way). Here's to hoping whatever evolves as the DLC for LOS2 can salvage this into a satisfying conclusion. But at this point, I'm not expecting it.
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I need someone on the internet to extract all of LoS2 boss portraits like yesterday and post them on the wiki because those things are giving me so much life.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Don't you be dissin' Simon. best redesign IMO. kept the best of both iterations. barbarian, and redhead
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything