Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406122 times)

Offline JayDominus

• Count Janus Dominus
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Don't you be dissin' Simon. best redesign IMO. kept the best of both iterations. barbarian, and redhead
Hell yes this. BDSimon ain't got shit on LoSimon.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Don't you be dissin' Simon. best redesign IMO. kept the best of both iterations. barbarian, and redhead

I cant get over the retarded face belt.

Oh also, in response to my own query (also highly likely I could have missed it before in this thread) there seems to be a cutscene compilation for Lords of Shadow 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dlL1MFoWo

Really though, 3 and a half hours? That's Metal Gear territory.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:36:31 PM by uzo »

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Alright, played the game two and half times now so I'll give my thoughts.  And try to stay serious and on track, but no promises.

(click to show/hide)

All done. Time for waffles.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Really? I liked it. Didn't look like he could bend over, but it looked cool. Reminded me of something I may have seen in a history book, regarding ancient armors, kind of like how samurai faceplates had demon mouths on them.

Oh also, in response to my own query (also highly likely I could have missed it before in this thread) there seems to be a cutscene compilation for Lords of Shadow 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dlL1MFoWo

Really though, 3 and a half hours? That's Metal Gear territory.

3 and a half hours is HARDLY Metal gear territory. That's actually, for a 20 hour game, pretty small time.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
3 1/2 hours is nothing, MGS4 has over 24 hours of cutscenes. I should know, I had a lot of free time once and watched every single cutscene in the game, it was like the length of 5 trilogies or something.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
3 1/2 hours is nothing, MGS4 has over 24 hours of cutscenes. I should know, I had a lot of free time once and watched every single cutscene in the game, it was like the length of 5 trilogies or something.

I know some people may that about MGS as a whole, but I commend a man that damn dedicated to his story.  I wish more games were half as dedicated. I mean fuck no, I don't want every video game to have stories as long, my attention span is far too short for that, but damn. Awesome dedication. I salute him.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I think it's also worth adding that the Dracula-Alucard gambit is the most convoluted plan ever.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Especially since Zobek, as lord of the dead, can not be killed- considering he was already killed once before, and Satan, similarly, was already killed by gabriel once before. When satan is killed, he just goes back to hell.

game does nothing to establish why these two deaths are any different than their last two.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Why has no one uploaded the Belmont Lineage illustrations yet? :V
(click to show/hide)

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I've seen this misunderstanding a lot over the game, but Dracula does not break the Mirror of Fate at the end, what he breaks is the Wolf Crest, which shows he chooses staying there with Alucard over staying in his own world in the Castle with those visions (ghosts?) of Marie and Trevor. You can see the crest glow with the same blue glow that it does every time he gets it out and holds it up.

Then you can just chalk up him saying "Who knows what fate has in store for us" to bad writing and a plot hole.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I've seen this misunderstanding a lot over the game, but Dracula does not break the Mirror of Fate at the end, what he breaks is the Wolf Crest, which shows he chooses staying there with Alucard over staying in his own world in the Castle with those visions (ghosts?) of Marie and Trevor. You can see the crest glow with the same blue glow that it does every time he gets it out and holds it up.

Then you can just chalk up him saying "Who knows what fate has in store for us" to bad writing and a plot hole.

Really?,
(click to show/hide)

My opinion about the game.

In my opinion is a great game, first of all, reviews below 7 are total BS, never had any problem with the stealth parts, a non issue for me and to be honest I have fun with them but I must say that they don't belong to a Castlevania game.

I feel like they dropped the ball with the last 3rd of the game, the story feels rushed, characters underused, the last boss is mediocre, and the ending was OK but not the ending to close the LoS saga, they better have a kickass last boss and ending in the DLC.

The combat is super fun but the mastery system is pointless. Music is amazing, the art in the castle is amazing as well but the city is mediocre at best. Love the Carmilla and Toymaker parts but I'm dissapointed at Alucard's role in the game and the absence of Simon, the story had a lot of potential but they barely scratched the surface, overall I love Gabriel in this game, probably in my top 3 of favourite Castlevania characters.

Overall, taking into account that Castlevania was a dead corpse before, MS not the most prestigious company with lack of resources, I think they have done a great job, no matter what happen with this game, the franchise is alive thanks to them and for that I'm grateful, plus LoS1 is one of my favourite games of last gen.

Now is up to Konami to chose the right developer to continue the franchise but they must know that some fans can't stand change, they live in the past and they can't accept anything but SoTN clones, good luck with that.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

You're wrong. Even from behind the object's ornate rim is recognizable.

It's the mirror.

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
The plot sounds hilariously awful. Did anyone make a compilation of the cutscenes on Youtube yet? I think I have to see this trainwreck in action. Got some popcorn ready.

Enjoy the trainwreck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONvrNOh9EF4
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:46:19 AM by jormungand »

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
Now this is more personal preference, but the perfect ending to this game would have been something along these lines: Gabriel is ready to use the Vampire Killer on himself, but Inner Dracula doesn't allow it. He takes over Gabriel which ensues in a fight against Victor who gets the Vampire Killer and uses it to fight Dracula. Then, the fight would then flit between that and a mirror'd fight with a dark manifestation of Inner Dracula. So while Dracula fights Victor in real life, Gabriel fights Dracula in his mind. Then, Gabriel beats Dracula, symbolizing the letting go of his hatred and grief, and Victor uses the opportunity to impale Dracula with the Vampire Killer. Big impressive moment with light and blood and screaming and then bam, Gabriel dies and finds himself in the arms of Marie or something like that. That kind of ending would have utilized the themes of the series so much better.
And that is one delicious ending.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
You're wrong. Even from behind the object's ornate rim is recognizable.

It's the mirror.

I am. I watched it again after posting that just to be sure, and you're right, the difference in the ornate borders of the two items is noticeable.

anything