Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406273 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

NO SIMON? No one new? REALLY?

So I wasn't being rused...? ;__;
It's not even Adult Trevor- it's the young child trevor.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED RIGHT NOW

They had 1000 years of history to work with that they could have told us about at least 2 or 3 other Belmonts and they don't even bother?

Man the Belmont clan got jobbed in this canon hard. Damn you Enric.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED RIGHT NOW

They had 1000 years of history to work with that they could have told us about at least 2 or 3 other Belmonts and they don't even bother?

Man the Belmont clan got jobbed in this canon hard. Damn you Enric.
That was going to be the case form the start. they wanted to make a trilogy.

'Sides, they remade the best Belmonts, Trevor and Simon. And their designs were actually pretty in line with their previous designs.

Trevor was barely changed at all.

Either way, Konami owns loS, so if they want to, they can milk games taking place between MoF and LoS2's prologue. There's quite an expanse of time there if im not mistaken. And Dracul says to Victor when he mentions he's immortal, 'Something you belmonts dont seem to understand" implying he fought more down the line.

There's also the possibility of non-Dracula centered shit after Alucard plays his gambit with daddy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:10:54 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Really? I liked it. Didn't look like he could bend over, but it looked cool. Reminded me of something I may have seen in a history book, regarding ancient armors, kind of like how samurai faceplates had demon mouths on them.
Looks very Asian-inspired. It's one of the reasons I feel MS's artists are not strictly inspired by Western art, but Eastern as well. You see that a lot, nowadays, though, which is good. Eastern artists inspired by the West, and Western artists inspired by the East. The result is usually something really imaginative and breath-taking.

Now is up to Konami to chose the right developer to continue the franchise but they must know that some fans can't stand change, they live in the past and they can't accept anything but SoTN clones, good luck with that.
Fear of change is not restricted to older fans. I've seen a few posts HERE(in this thread) where folks would wholely accept the LoS-style as the standard, even after LoS. Even the continuation of LoS, from here on out, brushing aside any other possible ventures and ideas simply because they don't want future CV's that aren't in the style of LoS. That's ripe with the fear of change. Change does not take sides, nor benefits modern appeal over that of older appeal. Change strikes no alliance, and just rolls within it's own accord. Just because you were able to find the recent turn appealing doesn't mean you'll find future turns to be in your favor. Change doesn't bend to YOU, you bend to IT!

- A new classic/IGA game, and fans won't be pleased.
- A new LoS game, and fans won't be pleased.
- A whole new game, and there's some hope.

Oh, that discussion again.
Hope this is the case. While I wouldn't mind a return to the classic canon(if only for games made detailing the major events like the Demon Castle War), I would love something new most of all. No classic, no LoS, just NEW(that, who knows, might take some inspiration from BOTH classic and LoS).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:16:54 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Either way, Konami owns loS, so if they want to, they can milk games taking place between MoF and LoS2's prologue. There's quite an expanse of time there if im not mistaken. And Dracul says to Victor when he mentions he's immortal, 'Something you belmonts dont seem to understand" implying he fought more down the line.
I don't get how that's going to work if Dracula was asleep for 1000 years.

Honestly, after Victor's death I don't even want any new games with Belmonts in the LoS series. We know how the clan ends and it's disappointing as hell.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:31:22 AM by OSM »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I think it's also worth adding that the Dracula-Alucard gambit is the most convoluted plan ever.
It was the best part of the story.

I've been thinking something about Zobek's /death/.

In LoS1, Zobek's corpse dissapeared, but when it didn't the instant it was burned, it just was after the battle, so perhaps Zobek didn't really die in LoS1, just got burned, injured and ran into hiding as the rat he is.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
hOw about we all just stop playen cv games altogether so we will no longer be disappoint & butthurt

lets change this to the Kirby Superstar Dungeon and no more bickering and harmful insults will occur forever dont like it? oh you have an outer belly button instead of normal inner? too bad, find somewhere else to post

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
hOw about we all just stop playen cv games altogether so we will no longer be disappoint & butthurt

lets change this to the Kirby Superstar Dungeon and no more bickering and harmful insults will occur forever dont like it? oh you have an outer belly button instead of normal inner? too bad, find somewhere else to post
I agree. I will fanboy Hatsune Miku from now on.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

I liked it, but when I think about how much of a long shot it really was, it loses a little impact.

I mean, having Alucard be the ultimate mastermind was awesome, and emphasizing the fact that Dracula is so powerful it takes hundreds of years for his enemies to feel safe again was great, but they were missing one question: "But I killed Satan before, and he did not die then. What difference does it make now?" and then they need an answer to that question, and I'm sorry, "lol VK" doesn't really cut it, because Gabriel used the VK while God-roided to fight Satan last time and it didn't finish him off.

I mean, the easiest answer would be for Gabriel to go down to Hell and finish the job, so I don't know why they did that.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I don't get how that's going to work if Dracula was asleep for 1000 years.

I'm not sure why I care about LoS lore, but wasn't he asleep for 500 years? The castle siege takes place 500 years after LoS1 according to the wiki. That time period would seem ideal for Konami to milk with 2-3 games.

But I don't even want to talk about this. I just want something different, preferably something new.     

Offline GigaDan

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I'm not sure why I care about LoS lore, but wasn't he asleep for 500 years? The castle siege takes place 500 years after LoS1 according to the wiki.
The game didn't make note of it. I'm just stupefied that this game is worse than Mirror of Fate. They beat out wolf-doors with crazy mind-castles, inconsistent art quality, and stealth segments. Also it's about 3 hours longer of misery.

I did an all-day stream on twitch. That part of the experience made it more enjoyable. Had some CV fans stop by to see how this game was.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:42:58 AM by GigaDan »

Offline JayDominus

• Count Janus Dominus
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
I just realized- listening to LoS2's Satan battle theme, at the end, during the reprise of Final Confrontation, they are chanting "Castlevania"

Listen to 5:20

Satan (Grand Battle) - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 OST

And that made my day. That makes the track 10x better.

I really wish I knew what they were chanting in other tracks of LoS1 and 2!
This is f[bleep!]king awesome. I don't care if people say Oscar is too forgettable or Hollywoody, the guy has passion for his job.

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Finally, after a week of release, Konami put together his media praise for the game.
Kinda funny now for those who have already played it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
"Oscar Araujo does it again with first class orchestral themes."

Because the soundtrack is an imperative part of the gameplay, right? :rollseyes:

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I just realized- listening to LoS2's Satan battle theme, at the end, during the reprise of Final Confrontation, they are chanting "Castlevania"
That's funny, because this chant was already used in the very first LoS1 trailer (after Gabriel asks about the mask). I catched the chant in LoS2 as soon as they released the concert version of "Satan", and that's a nice addition.

Because the soundtrack is an imperative part of the gameplay, right? :rollseyes:
Uh, who said it was gameplay-only on that picture?  :rollseyes:

anything