Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406242 times)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Lords of shadow was meh. Dlc was shit. Mirror of fate was meh. Lords of shadow 2 was meh.... So why am I thinking the dlc will fix it? It's like I enjoy dissapointment.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

Tell us... will we get a Victor DLC???

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I'm not Bergaron but even i can tell you that will most likely be a no.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Why would we want victor DLC? Just play Los1. Are we that eager to grow giant with random mystical stones? I want more screen time for victor.... But we don't really need a playable victor. I would rather have chupacabra DLC

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I don't expect it to be too different in the US either.

Offline AkuITA

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

http://youtu.be/VVflxhht7so

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I called it. But it was so fucking obvious that the game wouldn't sell better than LoS1. People who thought it would sell better were desilusional.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I called it. But it was so fucking obvious that the game wouldn't sell better than LoS1. People who thought it would sell better were desilusional.

If it had actually delivered, I have no doubt it would have sold better.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
If it had actually delivered, I have no doubt it would have sold better.
Nope, it wouldn't. There's no momentum for this. LoS1 was released on the right time, with PS3/360 on their peaks.

And as I said... many people were dissapointed by the first game. I know so many people who thinks like this, outside forums and owners of PS3. They didn't even bother trying LoS2.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Nope, it wouldn't. There's no momentum for this. LoS1 was released on the right time, with PS3/360 on their peaks.

And as I said... many people were dissapointed by the first game. I know so many people who thinks like this, outside forums and owners of PS3. They didn't even bother trying LoS2.

And I know so many people who were impressed by the first game and were looking forward to this one.

Anecdotal evidence is fun, ain't it?

EDIT: In all seriousness, LoS1 would have helped LoS2 more than it would have hindered it. There was more than one reviewer disappointed by LoS2 because it was one of their more anticipated games. It had hype. You say there was no momentum for LoS2, but there was far less momentum for LoS1.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:32:59 PM by e105beta »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Yeah. Half of the people probably ended being disapointed by LoS2, considering the shitty ending and reviews.

I love anedoctal evidence.

EDIT: BTW, it isn't really anedoctal, it's obvious that some people didn't like the first game and wouldn't buy the second. Simple logic. We don't know how many, but seeing how LoS2 flopped, seems like it was many.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:38:39 PM by Maedhros »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Yeah. Half of the people probably ended being disapointed by LoS2, considering the shitty ending and reviews.

I love anedoctal evidence.

EDIT: BTW, it isn't really anedoctal, it's obvious that some people didn't like the first game and wouldn't buy the second. Simple logic. We don't know how many, but seeing how LoS2 flopped, seems like it was many.

Or people didn't by LoS2 because it's an inferior product and got significantly lower ratings than LoS? No, that would make too much sense.

I'm not arguing that LoS2 as it is will do better than LoS. I'm arguing that if LoS2 didn't pull in god awful reviews before it even came out resulting in a disappointing product, it would have sold better than LoS.

But then again, we'll never know now, will we?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:49:46 PM by e105beta »

anything