Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406105 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Damn this could be it for the whole series. LoS2 doesn't deserve to be a hit but it shouldn't fail astronomically. It's bad for everyone.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Damn this could be it for the whole series. LoS2 doesn't deserve to be a hit but it shouldn't fail astronomically. It's bad for everyone.

I wouldn't start predicting the end until we hear some sort of statement from Konami.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Depends on too many variables. How much they expect it to sell, if they kinda expected the game to not sell that well. Anyway, the message that bad sells pass to Konami isn't that people aren't willing to buy Castlevania, they are willing to buy good Castlevania games.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Not always. in the corporate business VG company world, Bad sales = people don't want more of this. they don't think in terms of quality, not always. they thing sales = demand. Very black and white like.

The beauty of LoS being by a Western developer and not japan however, and with the way japan is, is that bad sales can simply be blamed on the western developer "not getting it" or some other thing. So they might try in house for the next project. now if THAT didn't sell, then i'd worry.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1820&s=1111

Even though LoS2 debuted lower than the first, it still apparently had a better opening than every other Castlevania game over there.

It doesn't sound like the UK has ever really been too receptive to this series.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I never know when you're trolling....

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
So Cox Has a new Twitter, and that PC Surprise is coming soon...
https://twitter.com/kiddracul/status/441147785316802560

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
So Cox Has a new Twitter, and that PC Surprise is coming soon...
https://twitter.com/kiddracul/status/441147785316802560
MoF HD or exclusive PC DLC.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Most likely MoF HD... there is too much evidence pointing in that direction, I doubt PC will get anything exclusive from Konami unless it's something minor.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Frikin hate some challenges, I don't know if is bad design or the the designer is a dick.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
LoS2 won't kill the franchise.

We might be in for a bit of a break though.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

We might be in for a bit of a break though.

Didn't leak guy said there would be a Japanese oriented Castlevania game coming up next? It also seems to line up with what Bergaron said, so I'm hopeful.   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:16:38 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Didn't leak guy said there would be a Japanese oriented Castlevania game coming up next? It also seems to line up with what Bergaron said, so I'm hopeful.
Sounds like a 2D Castlevania to me.

Maybe another Soma Cruz game.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Japanese oriented might just mean well, japanese oriented. AKA Japanese made, with the japanese market in mind, whereas LoS was western made with the EU/US market in mind
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything