Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406035 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Man really why are you so loud and always angry. Get some snickers or something.

Mr T Snickers commercial

But Snickers makes you louder and angrier

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

cocktease us with slogra corpse in los1 epilogue, yet he is absent in both this & mof
I concur. In fact, we can't even visit the cathedral/throne room. Dissapointing.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

Me: lets play a little game
Me: im going to show you an image, and you tell me the first thing that comes to mind
Me: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/7b7gy5-HgRs/maxresdefault.jpg
Friend: makes me think firebat
Friend: but that armor design is very familiar
Me: can you guess what game/series its from?
Friend: unreal tournament?
Me: nope
Friend: warhammer?
Me: nope
Friend: no clue
Me: from the new 'Castlevania' game
Friend: should rename it spastlevania

*Firebat is a space marine unit from Starcraft.
It makes me think on this: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/LordHuck/2dtub2t_zpsa0310fc5.jpg
Maybe you and your friend are playing so much Starcraft...

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I am not defending the enemies ideas for LoS 2, but that Golgoth in the game reminds me a little of the red armor of Vlad in Brahm Stoker´s Dracula movie... with a bit of the boss from Ninja Gaiden Black in Chapter 3 :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:07:52 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I am not defending the enemies ideas for LoS 2, but that Golgoth in the game reminds me a little of the red armor of Vlad in Brahm Stoker´s Dracula movie... with a bit of the boss from Ninja Gaiden Black in Chapter 3 :P

That's exactly what I was going to say.

I haven't had much time to play LOS2 yet. So far it was pretty good. Some of the level designs looked pretty generic to me. And some of the enemies look pretty bad.. I already can tell that I don't like it as much as LOS1. So I guess have to say that it's disappointing. But I hope a little more time with it will turn my opinion around. But I'm not expecting it to.

:/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:25:47 PM by Jeffrey Montoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It makes me think on this: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/LordHuck/2dtub2t_zpsa0310fc5.jpg
Maybe you and your friend are playing so much Starcraft...

Here. You missed a few details.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i also feel the brotherhood scrolls are just pointless

i find them here n there & the first few were interesting, but every one after that was just blahblahblah

i wouldve liked it if they actually included unseen lore of the castle, why certain things in the castle behave a certain way or offer backstory for the characters that actually exist in the story as opposed to some random guy named leonard or radric whos backstories mean 0 & lend nothing to the overall plot

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I'll just drop these here. I just have to share these. they are too adorable.
(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

OK you win.

And Flame too.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

cocktease us with slogra corpse in los1 epilogue, yet he is absent in both this & mof

I prefer it that way (no Slogra at all). If counts like brauner and Olrox were reimaginded as giant Gorilla vampires, Frankenstein Monster as a mechanical spider, Trevor is Alucard and father of Simon and Dracula is a Belmont......

Slogra might have ended up being a Car in a street, or a Restaurant sign I dont know.  :P
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I prefer it that way (no Slogra at all). If counts like brauner and Olrox were reimaginded as giant Gorilla vampires, Frankenstein Monster as a mechanical spider, Trevor is Alucard and father of Simon and Dracula is a Belmont......

Slogra might have ended up being a Car in a street, or a Restaurant sign I dont know.  :P

Is Trevor's re-imagining REALLY so bad? I mean, aside from the fact that it's different?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Is Trevor's re-imagining REALLY so bad? I mean, aside from the fact that it's different?
It's the best part of the new series. I liked how everyone shut up so fast about it. I thought it was going to be a big uprorar. It was really well done.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
It's the best part of the new series. I liked how everyone shut up so fast about it. I thought it was going to be a big uprorar. It was really well done.

Even I'll admit it was a bit weird to think about at first, but Trevor becoming Alucard just seems so natural for me now. I definitely like LoS Alucard more than IGA Alucard.

That's probably what I appreciate the most about LoS, is that it gave largely personality-less characters some actual personality.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Frankenstein Monster as a mechanical spider
Scorpion

It's a Scorpion.

And it was awesome. Something to break completely from the usual universal Creature. It was still this weird abomination, what with that fetus thing in the head, so it wasnt entirely mechanical. I loved Frankenstein's lab too.

Also, I cant see any Trevor Complaint's. He's practically the same as he was in CoD. His coat changed color, thats about the biggest change.

And I gotta say, aside from the Father stuff in LoS2, and the Trevor thing, Alucard is pretty similar to SotN Alucard too. Kind of aloof and distant like.

His look was pretty different though. Superficially reminiscent maybe, due to the colors of gold on black for his outfit, and pale hair, but pretty radical otherwise. Though I liked it. I mean, Alucard has never really changed appearance from his SotN look, ever. Even in Aria and Dawn, despite sporting a totally new look, we got saddled with SotN Alucard for CV3 mode in the latter. It's literally just a superficial costume he wears.

Though that was most likely out of sheer laziness so they didn't have to make new spirtes for "Arikado."

So seeing Alucard get totally redesigned was a fresh sight.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything