Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406261 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Funnily enough LoS Alucard resembles Legends Alucard in more way that one. Heh.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
That's probably what I appreciate the most about LoS, is that it gave largely personality-less characters some actual personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
They gave Dracula, Death, Carmilla, Trevor, and Simon more character in two games than the series had done until that point.

Whether or not you like the plot aside, at least it was an attempt.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:06:49 AM by e105beta »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

It's a Scorpion.

And it was awesome. Something to break completely from the usual universal Creature. It was still this weird abomination, what with that fetus thing in the head, so it wasnt entirely mechanical. I loved Frankenstein's lab too.

Also, I cant see any Trevor Complaint's. He's practically the same as he was in CoD. His coat changed color, thats about the biggest change.

And I gotta say, aside from the Father stuff in LoS2, and the Trevor thing, Alucard is pretty similar to SotN Alucard too. Kind of aloof and distant like.

His look was pretty different though. Superficially reminiscent maybe, due to the colors of gold on black for his outfit, and pale hair, but pretty radical otherwise. Though I liked it. I mean, Alucard has never really changed appearance from his SotN look, ever. Even in Aria and Dawn, despite sporting a totally new look, we got saddled with SotN Alucard for CV3 mode in the latter. It's literally just a superficial costume he wears.

Though that was most likely out of sheer laziness so they didn't have to make new spirtes for "Arikado."

So seeing Alucard get totally redesigned was a fresh sight.

I'd have to agree with Flame here.

I could totally picture Trevor from the LOS series in the classic series, like say for instance they made a game set before Curse of Darkness or something and used that design, I don't think many people would have a problem with it because its not that big of a divergence appearance wise.

And believe it or not I actually like Alucard's Design in LOS as well, It was a nice and tasteful redesign that did not change "to much" from the SOTN version such as him still having light long hair and a black and gold color scheme as well as eyes. I was worried as a Alucard fan that MS was going to f*&k him up personality and appearance wise considering what they did with Olrox and Brauner, But I must say aside the whole Trevor becoming Alucard and Alucard now having a father son bonding with Dracula in LOS2 thing that this Alucard isn't to much of a far cry from the original, although obviously different in many ways.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

I could totally picture Trevor from the LOS series in the classic series, like say for instance they made a game set before Curse of Darkness or something and used that design, I don't think many people would have a problem with it because its not that big of a divergence appearance wise.

And believe it or not I actually like Alucard's Design in LOS as well, It was a nice and tasteful redesign that did not change "to much" from the SOTN version such as him still having light long hair and a black and gold color scheme as well as eyes. I was worried as a Alucard fan that MS was going to f*&k him up personality and appearance wise considering what they did with Olrox and Brauner, But I must say aside the whole Trevor becoming Alucard and Alucard now having a father son bonding with Dracula in LOS2 thing that this Alucard isn't to much of a far cry from the original, although obviously different in many ways.

There you have it folks, right from the mouth of DarkPrinceAlucard himself.

All arguments to the contrary are now considered null and void.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
did anyone find all the relics in the city of the damned (draculas castle)? i'm only missing 2 :/

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
did anyone find all the relics in the city of the damned (draculas castle)? i'm only missing 2 :/
Still working on it, but my guide has all the items marked down. I'm trying not to use it though, too easy.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Are you using the Dodo eggs? It makes it really easy.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

I still don't like the chest thing(in both Alucard and Dracula). It just, why wear armor if you are leaving your whole chest area exposed? And if you have no problem(because you are super powerful), then why wear armor at all? Logic just doesn't play into the design, just like Tidus and Vaan of FFX and FFXII. One could say, "Well, guys always drool over illogically dressed female characters.", though, I'd be the first to say, that doesn't make THOSE right either. I'm not batting for either side, as in situations like this, IMO, i just doesn't work(or appeal to me as a character design fitting of said game). If it was Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball style shit, go topless to your heart's content! Of course, you can also say Alucard DOESN'T go all out chest exposed in LoS2...  ;)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I still don't like the chest thing(in both Alucard and Dracula). It just, why wear armor if you are leaving your whole chest area exposed? And if you have no problem(because you are super powerful), then why wear armor at all? Logic just doesn't play into the design, just like Tidus and Vaan of FFX and FFXII. One could say, "Well, guys always drool over illogically dressed female characters.", though, I'd be the first to say, that doesn't make THOSE right either. I'm not batting for either side, as in situations like this, IMO, i just doesn't work(or appeal to me as a character design fitting of said game). If it was Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball style shit, go topless to your heart's content! Of course, you can also say Alucard DOESN'T go all out chest exposed in LoS2...  ;)

Style usually trumps practicality in character design.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I always figured with Gabriel it was something like, Since he drinks blood, when he chomps on a neck, he gets all his mouth chin and upper chest covered in blood, so it's just for convenience. So he doesn't stain his pretty outfit or something along those lines. I like to think that practically every pore on a Vampire absorbs blood, which is why when Drac and Alucard drink blood, the bloody mess on their face fades away after a few seconds.

As for Alucard, i suppose Since he was his son, He gave him some similarly designed armor that follows similar conventions to his own, while still retaining Trevor's own outfit style stuff.

I'm curious as to why he didn't think his Son would revive as a Vampire. I guess he didnt know his blood could revive and turn someone after they were dead.

And to be fair, it DID take quite a long while for Trevor to resurrect as Alucard.

By the way, i was thinking- LoS Dracula... is really the very first Castlevania incarnation of the character to ever actually factor in the Dragon aspect.

The real life Vlad  was part of the Order of the Dragon. Which is why he's called Dracula. His father was Dracul, he is Dracula, son of the Dragon.

Other CV games never really delve into that. he just sort of renames himself Vlad Tepes and calls himself Dracula for no other reason than because he's Dracula.

LoS Dracula legot goes the full mile, calling himself Dracul- not Dracula, and often referencing himself as "The Dragon, Dracul"

With the people calling him Dracula, likely because in their eyes, Satan would be the Dragon, and Dracula evil enough to be the spawn of satan or some thing like that.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:52:51 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.