Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406267 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I continue to say it's not that hard. I could do what the guy did on the video. It isn't hard to pull that.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I continue to say it's not that hard. I could do what the guy did on the video. It isn't hard to pull that.

So because you reposted it it makes it more right, gotcha! :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:47:43 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
There's a 3-foot concrete wall ahead of you. You can try to bash it with your skull until it breaks, which would be very painful and frustrating, but that doesn't mean that getting beyond it is difficult.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I'm not your typical casual gamer. I always try the best I can on the games I own, not mattter how hard they are.

ever try cv adventur reBirth on hard, "classic mode," with only one life? pretty fun & challenging

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
There's a 3-foot concrete wall ahead of you. You can try to bash it with your skull until it breaks, which would be very painful and frustrating, but that doesn't mean that getting beyond it is difficult.

For christ sake, you and Maedros simply have no idea what the word "subjective" means apparently, your saying that part isn't hard like its absolute fact which is BS.

Just because you 2 as well as others found it easy does not automatically mean that it in fact is or should be for everyone.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Where did this 2057 year come from? It's in the wiki but I never saw it from an official source. Furthermore, LOS was in 1047...exactly 1000 years hence would be 2047.
fallen knights and city memorials...

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Ok finally got past the agreus section after taking a brief break to watch The Walking Dead.

It took me approximately 12 tries, definitely not "easy" to me in my honest opinion.

Offline derision

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
As I said earlier, saying that part is not hard is subjective, not a fact.

This is just one big slippery slope, you know. Facts are just opinions/theories, supported by compelling evidence and then accepted as objective for convenience. Keep on playing that subjectivity card and eventually you'll no longer find yourself accepting what are considered facts. I don't think you want to give credence to the geocentric crowd, do you?

The Agreus section already has a lot of evidence on why it isn't difficult. You can soundlessly pass over the leaves with mist, the mist can shield you from Agreus' charge, hopping over the leaves mitigates the consequences, getting caught does not close the doors after they've been opened, and the section is short. There are videos on Youtube showing competent runthroughs, and they don't involve anything demanding.

If you still find this difficult, well you still can, but you're also faced with this "evidence" and the likely possibility that you're making this hard for yourself due to disregard. Hence my cheeky wall metaphor.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
This is just one big slippery slope, you know. Facts are just opinions/theories, supported by compelling evidence and then accepted as objective for convenience. Keep on playing that subjectivity card and eventually you'll no longer find yourself accepting what are considered facts. I don't think you want to give credence to the geocentric crowd, do you?

The Agreus section already has a lot of evidence on why it isn't difficult. You can soundlessly pass over the leaves with mist, the mist can shield you from Agreus' charge, hopping over the leaves mitigates the consequences, getting caught does not close the doors after they've been opened, and the section is short. There are videos on Youtube showing competent runthroughs, and they don't involve anything demanding.

If you still find this difficult, well you still can, but you're also faced with this "evidence" and the likely possibility that you're making this hard for yourself due to disregard. Hence my cheeky wall metaphor.

And there is also "evidence" to the contrary of it not being easy such as the millions of gamers who all point out how much a pain in the ass that section is.

So I will stand by my earlier statement if you don't mind.

At least I am actually ADMITTING that it is easy for some which is ok, but you and Maedros can't even admit to the contrary of it being actually hard for others without downplaying their intelligence as a gamer.

Offline derision

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
And there is also "evidence" to the contrary of it not being easy such as the millions of gamers who all point out how much a pain in the ass that section is.

So I will stand by my earlier statement if you don't mind.

That's not evidence, that's the disregard/ignorance I was talking about. Those "millions" (Konami wishes) dying a bunch of times and even going so far as to spend hours on this section indicates bashing one's head against the 3-foot concrete wall. Bringing up the geocentric thing again, that was a popular idea before it was disproven. You won't find many people who subscribe to that now, and if they do, they won't be taken seriously.

Nothing's really stopping you from continuing to think that the section was hard. Even if it just isn't.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:39:12 PM by derision »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
That's not evidence, that's the disregard/ignorance I was talking about. Those "millions" (Konami wishes) dying a bunch of times and even going so far as to spend hours on this section indicates bashing one's head against the 3-foot concrete wall. Bringing up the geocentric thing again, that was a popular idea before it was disproven. You won't find many people who subscribe to that now, and if they do, they won't be taken seriously.

Whatever, everything I'm saying is going over your head just like in the last topic where i actually tried to have a conversation with you which makes this pointless.

All your doing is generalizing gamers and making a bunch of assumptions about what those gamers who had problems with that part really where doing which was either being to dumb or retarded as a gamer or "legitimately" having a hard time with it which really does show your smugness.

Done with this conversation, I already beat the part so whats done is done, I'm out.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:42:52 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline derision

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Whatever, everything I'm saying is going over your head just like in the last topic where i actually tried to have a conversation with you which makes this pointless.

Don't talk down to me when you're the one being the hypocrite here. I've responded to your claims reasonably but you're the one sticking your fingers in your ears and failing to address my points. It is probably best if you stop, I agree.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Don't talk down to me when you're the one being the hypocrite here. I've responded to your claims reasonably but you're the one sticking your fingers in your ears and failing to address my points. It is probably best if you stop, I agree.

F that noise man, Its hard to stop with you replying as such, do you honestly want a argument with me?

Because I can stay if you keep replying in such a way.

Offline derision

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Your problem is that you're taking this personally when this isn't at all a personal issue, nor has it been framed as such (from my end).

For your information we have been arguing, for a whole page even, but it apparently ran its course considering your ducking out. If you really want to have the last word that badly though, be my guest. Doesn't matter to me.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Your problem is that you're taking this personally when this isn't at all a personal issue.

For your information we have been arguing, for a whole page even, but it apparently ran its course considering your ducking out. If you really want to have the last word that badly though, be my guest. Doesn't matter to me.

I'm "Ducking out" because unlike you I have been here long enough and been active enough to know what these kinds of exchanges lead to, I've been a part of them in the past and while I haven't been banned in the past I don't plane on getting banned now which is why I was attempting to be the bigger man and just end it before it got "to far".

If your ok with arguments and bans than that is on you.

anything