Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406186 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
"You cannot help me, you're not here, you're not real". You can see he's about to cry. I'm watching that scene right now. Man Carlyle IS Dracula. Best Dracula scene in the game.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
"You cannot help me, you're not here, you're not real". You can see he's about to cry. I'm watching that scene right now. Man Carlyle IS Dracula. Best Dracula scene in the game.

If only the game could have lived up to that scene.

There was so much good about that scene, and absolutely none of it got repeated/resolved.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
If only the game could have lived up to that scene.

There was so much good about that scene, and absolutely none of it got repeated/resolved.

It did in my imagination at least.

Still the game had so many good character moments, a little suspension of disbelief and it's immensely satisfying.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

Still the game had so many good character moments, a little suspension of disbelief and it's immensely satisfying.

For all my ragging on it, I did enjoy the game. It was very fun to play.

The ending was just extraordinarily unsatisfying and didn't tie up all the loose ends created by the game's underlying subplots. And for someone who was really enjoying the story, that is unforgivable.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:49:56 AM by e105beta »

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I agree about the ending, of all things it was very out of place. Which sucks as we know now how they originally intended to end Gabriel's story. I kept on speculating about Gabriel's story ever since I saw the Los1 ending, and now after seeing the ending I think we can at least disregard it and fill it with how we'd think Gabriel's story ended instead as we know MercurySteam won't change it. Now that MercurySteam Los has ended, it was an amazing ride with a lot of speculation even though they didn't deliver what they themselves had promised. Their version of Dracula was really good, second only to Bram Stoker's in my opinion.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I agree about the ending, of all things it was very out of place. Which sucks as we know now how they originally intended to end Gabriel's story. I kept on speculating about Gabriel's story ever since I saw the Los1 ending, and now after seeing the ending I think we can at least disregard it and fill it with how we'd think Gabriel's story ended instead as we know MercurySteam won't change it. Now that MercurySteam Los has ended, it was an amazing ride with a lot of speculation even though they didn't deliver what they themselves had promised. Their version of Dracula was really good, second only to Bram Stoker's Mel Brooks.

Fixed that for you.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
In the US, as always, lords didn't chart either. Sorry Mahedros.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
In the US, as always, lords didn't chart either. Sorry Mahedros.

So, what, is Lawds's success all from mainland Europe?

(Also where are we getting these #s from?)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:08:04 PM by e105beta »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
"now that satan is dead [again], im going back to bed, see ya!"

anything