Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406250 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So, what, is Lawds's success all from mainland Europe?

(Also where are we getting these #s from?)

Gaf insider who has access to NPD numbers.

And considering it only sold 58k in 4 days in NA without counting digital sales (and maybe PC), that's not that horrible, could have been much better tho.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Gaf insider who has access to NPD numbers.

And considering it only sold 58k in 4 days in NA without counting digital sales (and maybe PC), that's not that horrible, could have been much better tho.

If it's not counting PC, that's actually pretty good.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
It's only 4 days too. Actually that's good.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
So, what, is Lawds's success all from mainland Europe?

(Also where are we getting these #s from?)
Neogaf.

@Ahasverus

Sorry, but still sold WORSE than the first game, even on the US.

And you guys saying only 4 days... that's not sales work... Sales are frontloaded on 1~2 days only, if the game is popular enough, it'll have sold around 100k in one week, if the stock permits.

It's a bomba. Sorry. The point about PC is a good one though, we don't really know how many copies were digital. At the same point, Konami was already saying something about LoS1 sales, so... bomba. It sold worse than fucking Rayman, which is considered a big flop.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:56:46 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

@Ahasverus

Sorry, but still sold WORSE than the first game, even on the US.
That doesn't mean it didnt sell well. I think selling worse than the first game was guaranteed, considering many people bought the first game on sheer hype alone, and not knowing what to expect. many of those people did NOT like what they got, and therefore didnt buy the other two.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
That doesn't mean it didnt sell well. I think selling worse than the first game was guaranteed, considering many people bought the first game on sheer hype alone, and not knowing what to expect. many of those people did NOT like what they got, and therefore didnt buy the other two.
Err... it means exactly that it sold badly, yes.

We just need PC figures, but I doubt it'll be any good for this game, though. Euro numbers aren't good too, considering the game didn't even charted there (but it's still the second best CV opening, meaning something worse than the first LoS there).

And BTW, what you said is exactly what I expected, that this game wouldn't sell better than the predecessor. But some people though I was saying crap or something...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:00:50 PM by Maedhros »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #8136 on: March 14, 2014, 05:23:03 PM »
+1
the forum banner needs to be updated with a 2D los-dracula sprite

make it happen dungeonites!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Which NeoGaf thread is it? I can't find it.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So I've been playing the game again and I've made it up to Agreus. Am I going crazy or did the text before his stealth segement change after the recent patch? Because I don't ever recall it mentioning the use of mist to slip pass unnoticed.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
So I've been playing the game again and I've made it up to Agreus. Am I going crazy or did the text before his stealth segement change after the recent patch? Because I don't ever recall it mentioning the use of mist to slip pass unnoticed.
You are not crazy. It does now. I would like to know what else is new with this new patch...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8141 on: March 14, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »
+1

Also needs Simon and Trevor (and maybe Alucard?)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The banner doesn't have different versions of the same character.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #8143 on: March 14, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »

I've been thinking about making some LoS sprites eventually. I've never sprited anything Castlevania style but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
The banner doesn't have different versions of the same character.
But...
(click to show/hide)

anything