Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406218 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I used to be pretty upset about the way all three LOS games treated classic CV music. But I changed my mind after I realized it hadn't been that long since Konami released HoD. And its got like 30000 remixes. They were all pretty good in my opinion.
I can't understand how people like HD's remixes. They are almost ALL generic hard rock remixes. I can't stand it. They ruined some of the themes by turning them into rock.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
The same song has the intro to "Tragic Prince" at 1:04

I really do think the ending is the result of Konami suits getting greedy and not wanting the series to end. The entire game, the ENTIRE game, set Gabriel up to die and be redeemed at the end, but no, he's just happy to live being buddybuddy with Buddycard.

Bullshit.

If MercurySteam isn't making it, I want no more Lords.  It's a nice three games with a questionable ending, but it really doesn't need to be milked.  I really hope Konami doesn't do this.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
the milking will begin with the DLC. i only intend on buying the alucard stuff & nothing else, unless its story-related

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
the milking will begin with the DLC. i only intend on buying the alucard stuff & nothing else, unless its story-related
I keep forgetting the DLC is out soon.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Dracula outliving the Belmont clan is just not a fulfilling ending at all.
This is my biggest problem. Please be Sonia the hidden Victor daughter, please.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I think maybe by the end of the game Gabriel was supposed to be considered "Gabriel Belmont" again, since Victors dying words were "now you are the last Belmont".

It didn't exactly turn out that way in the nature of the plot though,

In a way its hard for me to criticize the game because its not you can say "oh well they made an honest mistake here..." after you find out everything was shoehorned into place by an egomaniac. There was nothing else that could have been done because he had total creative control.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
If MercurySteam isn't making it, I want no more Lords.  It's a nice three games with a questionable ending, but it really doesn't need to be milked.  I really hope Konami doesn't do this.

But consider the emaciated cow with the shriveled udders that is the Metal Gear series. Konami's most likely gonna milk it for what's it worth now.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The Metal Gear series has had 26 games since 1987 including re-releases and remakes.

The Castlevania series has had 41 games since 1986 including the same.

In terms of milking it would seem the Castlevania cow is in worse shape.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
But consider the emaciated cow with the shriveled udders that is the Metal Gear series. Konami's most likely gonna milk it for what's it worth now.

I love you bit gotta disagree, babe.  Shhh, don't cry, I'll still buy you lunch.  But Metal Gear is one of the few games that arguably today is still a beautifully well crafted game.  Okay, the two hour prologue for 30 bucks can be seen as a money grab but to be fair--no, it's stupid.  But a lot of companies may be seen as going 'overboard' with DLC content, etc. lately.  So why not Konami I guess.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
They should get Robert Carlyle to reprise the role of Dracula in the next reboot. He's awesome.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
They should get Robert Carlyle to reprise the role of Dracula in the next reboot. He's awesome.

I agree. I know it's probably a bit expensive, but I'd prefer if Konami attempted to keep some of the voice acting talent that worked on these games.

Much better than going back to the typical anime VA crowd (Yuri Lowenthal, Crispin Freeman, Patrick Seitz, etc.)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm actually kind of upset they never actually used Krispin Freeman for Dracula. Just Mathias. And I'm not terribly attached to his other voices.

Robert Carlyle IS good though.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
sometimes i think Robert Carlyle was too soft-spoken as dracula.. he sounded the most menacing as inner-dracula

i feel this guy did the best Dracula voice thus far, perfect tone, pitch, so evil sounding

21. Curse of Darkness- Dracula

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I'm actually kind of upset they never actually used Krispin Freeman for Dracula. Just Mathias. And I'm not terribly attached to his other voices.

Robert Carlyle IS good though.

His voice is so distinct though, and he's not good at masking it. I feel like if they had him voice Dracula, I'd be too busy hearing Regal, Itachi, or Togusa

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
sometimes i think Robert Carlyle was too soft-spoken as dracula.. he sounded the most menacing as inner-dracula

i feel this guy did the best Dracula voice thus far, perfect tone, pitch, so evil sounding

21. Curse of Darkness- Dracula
I actually don't really like that Dracula.

I agree though, if Carlyle hammed it up a bit more like with inner Dracula, that would be fantastic.