Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406454 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I actually don't really like that Dracula.

I agree though, if Carlyle hammed it up a bit more like with inner Dracula, that would be fantastic.

IMO, his voice doesn't have a lot of "character" if that makes any sense.

He just sounds...evil.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
the inner-dracula voice might be the result of post-production editing, kinda like how Nolan's crew edited Bale's voice in post-production to sound the way it did in TDK

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Inner Dracula sounded awesome, I love his lines from the Dracula's Vengeance trailer.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
i feel this guy did the best Dracula voice thus far, perfect tone, pitch, so evil sounding

21. Curse of Darkness- Dracula

Agree with this. Also, I like the Dracula´s voice from Order of Ecclesia. Its glad to hear their voices in both games while fighting :P
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Come on Carlyle is GOAT. What a perfect  actor. The scene with Marie was powerful as fuck as it was most of the time. Definitive Dracula.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Come on Carlyle is GOAT. What a perfect  actor. The scene with Marie was powerful as fuck as it was most of the time. Definitive Dracula.
That whole scene when he first meets Marie again was awesome.

"I AM NO LONGER GABRIEL, WOMAN."

Fuck it, Carlyle should absolutely reprise the role. In the reboot they can even nod to his former name being Gabriel even if it's a new canon.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
There is a guy writing Fan fiction of LOS related stories and I think that they are good. They are a little cheesy in some parts, but nice. Here is the link if any of you is interested. Still hoping for a Victor DLC :p

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10126863/1/Red-Road

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Theory time. I just went through the Alucard boss fight again and realized something. What if Satan was just using Alucard's body as a human shield and nothing more? While fighting in Al's body, he shows none of Al's native abilities, and goes outright weird with the shadow attacks. Then there's the dialogue saying that Gabe is actually harming his son and not the one possessing it. According to the text, Satan is using whatever means to take advantage of his situation and being able to attack while remaining unharmed seems to fit the bill. Add in the potential mind-screw of making Gabriel attack his own son, and it totally fits Satan's character. Of course, my problem was with how he didn't use Light/Shadow magic when it was established that he could do that in the first game. The fight would have been much better had that been included.

I guess the confrontation could stand for a symbolic battle between the LoS universe's biggest evils as well. One is an evil being created by his emptiness (void) and rage (chaos) while the other is the pitch black, irredeemable type of evil. Gabriel may have gained his sense of humanity back with his son, but this doesn't change that Dracula is still a monster who committed atrocious acts against humanity. Since he essentially rules the world of man after killing Satan, the LoS universe must be a terrible place to live in now.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I'd prefer a non-British sounding Dracula. Scottish or English, just nah. I'd give extra points if they actually went all out and got a Romanian actor(or even Hungarian actor) for a reboot Dracula. Give me that good eastern European sound!!!

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So I've reached 100%. I've grown tired of battling the same enemies for hours at a time, which is why I'll probably let a few days pass before I begin a Prince of Darkness run. I'll also start writing my review tonight -- ideally, it'll be finished in a week.

Now that my final impressions have set in, though, there's one thing that needs to be said: LoS2 is one of the most disappointing games I've played in years. Which doesn't necessarily mean that it's terrible; it only means that the sheer volume of potential this game has wasted is astounding. And that's deeply regrettable.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
even when bacon's involved, it still doesnt make sense. you see? alucard tells dracula that together they can destroy zobek y Satan forever, but upon climax, theres no indication that has happened. zobek "dies" from being stabbed with the Void Sword and broken into pieces. so whats exactly stopping him from just resurrecting from that? we are supposed to believe that was enough to destroy him, despite being the "lord of the dead" and being burnt to a crisp a thousand years prior?

when Satan is "killed," his corpse just lies there, and presumably his soul is sent back to hell. how is that being "destroyed forever" like Alucard originally implied they could do? he made it seem like there was a special spell that was discovered by the brotherhood that would not only stop zobek/satan, but obliterate their very existence. they coulda somehow tied this theoretical incantation back to the God/Devil masks from los1, but nope. they were just random McGuffins, forget about those artifacts. maybe they coulda had Dracula put on the Devil Mask and absorb Zobek/satan's power into himself, thus rendering them severely depowered & taking them out that way. i dunno, thats just off the top of my head. literally ANYTHING wouldve been more satisfying than what we actually got. Satans battle and defeat in los1 was way more epic, but thats still not saying much

it irks me even more that cox/alvarez are seemingly fine with that bullshit. poor writing at its finest

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
You know satan is gone because he was killed with the vampire killer and it's super duper holiness and stuff. Really. Zobek to. They just are because that's what the plot intended.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
b-but satan was "killed" with the vk the first time and he still came back. where did it say zobek can be permanently killed with the void sword?